TV Antennas Market By Type (Indoor TV Antenna, Outdoor TV Antenna) By Application (Residential, Commercial, Others) and Region - Global Forecast to 2026
22 May 2018
Request for Sample
Why Choose Us
- 360 Degree Approach
- Growth Consulting
- 24/7 Research Support
- Comprehensive-Level of Customization
- Comprehensive-Level of Customization
- Competitive Intelligence
- Single-Country/ Region Intelligence
- Post-Sale Service Assistance
- Access to Lead Analysts
- Available in PDF, Excel, Word/ PPT
TV antennas overview:
“The global TV antennas market size is expected to be worth around US$ 234.5 million by 2021 from US$ 141.2 million in 2031, growing at a CAGR of 5.19% during the forecast period 2021 to 2031.”
The report offers in-depth insights, revenue details, and other vital information regarding the global TV antenna market and the various trends, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the target market till 2026.
The report also offers insightful and detailed information regarding the various key players operating in the global TV antenna market, and their financials, apart from strategies, acquisitions & mergers, and market footprint.
The global TV antenna market is segmented on the basis of product type, application, and region/country. This report is based on the synthesis, analysis, and interpretation of information gathered regarding the target market from various sources.
Our analysts have analyzed the information and data and gained insights using a mix of primary and secondary research efforts with the primary objective to provide a holistic view of the market.
In addition, an in-house study has been made of the global economic conditions and other economic indicators and factors to assess their respective impact on the market historically, as well as the current impact in order to make informed forecasts about the scenarios in the future.
TV antennas are components used to receive free-to-air or over-the-air channels. Antennas typically need to be oriented or aimed to get the best signal from the desired station.
These channels are broadcasted by local media companies through transmitters. These broadcasted signals are transmitted over frequencies in both VHF and UHF bands and vary across different regions/countries.
There are basically two different types of TV antennas namely indoor and outdoor. Indoor TV antennas are mounted on top or next to the TV sets, whereas outdoor TV antennas are mounted outside or externally placed.
Common types of indoor antennas are rabbit ears, whip antenna, loop antenna, and flat antenna and common types of outdoor antennas are yagi antenna and log-periodic antenna.
TV antennas require a one-time installment cost, and users can view all available local channels free of cost, as opposed to a monthly subscription chargeable for services such as satellite and cable TV to view these local channels.
The TV antennas are installed on the rooftop in the right place and direction. The benefits of using TV antennas are it saves money, the ability to receive channels that cable and satellite providers do not provide, and the ability to receive out-of-market channels, free subscriptions, stronger receptions, etc.
TV antennas serve as a low-cost alternative to pay-TV services and are a key factor expected to drive the growth of the global market. In addition, support from local broadcasters, advantages such as uncompressed HD signals, uninterrupted services during bad weather conditions, and a wide range of local channels are the factors expected to boost the growth of the global market in the near future.
Moreover, low disposable income levels in certain developing countries are expected to boost demand for TV antennas because of their free service, coupled with support from local TV broadcasters.
TV antennas are gaining popularity among the urban population in developed economies, owing to high-frequency receivers, cost-effectiveness, and compact size is likely to support the growth of the market.
However, increasing demand for various international channels as well as national channels may hinder the growth of the market.
In addition, the growing demand for OTT such as Netflix, and Hulu, due to the availability of rich content as well as ease of access to such content online are expected to restrain the growth of the market to a certain extent.
Moreover, increasing government initiatives favoring the digitalization of content in certain developing economies may have a negative impact to a certain extent on the growth of the TV antenna market.
Rapid technological advancements in TV antenna systems as well as at the backend of broadcasting service providers such as support for higher resolution content, strong digital signal reception, long-range detection, etc. are some ongoing trends expected to gain traction in the near future.
TV antenna manufacturers are focusing on introducing TV antennas, especially indoor antennas, that support both UHF and VHF functionality, as well as HD content. Digital TV channels have shifted with respect to the traditional analog channels, due to changing the range with which an antenna must perform, therefore new digital antennas are designed to reflect this shift.
Market Analysis by Product Type:
On the basis of product type, the outdoor TV antenna segment is expected to contribute a major revenue share in the global TV antenna market and register a CAGR of over 4%, in terms of revenue over the forecast period, owing to the increasing use in residential sectors.
The indoor TV antenna segment is estimated to register the highest CAGR of over 4.5%, due to the preferred solution for individuals living near TV broadcast towers. These are also excellent solutions for persons living in cities and apartments, where mounting or installing an outdoor antenna is not feasible or allowed permitted.
Developments in amplified TV antenna technology are a major factor expected to boost the growth of the commercial segment over the forecast period. Amplified antennas are ideal for suburbs and rural areas, where TV signals need to travel over greater distances.
Market Analysis by Application:
Among all the application segments, the residential segment is expected to register the highest CAGR of over 4.5%, owing to the mass adoption of TV antennas by the residential segment.
In addition, the growth of the market is also driven by an increasing number of individuals interested to watch TV and high disposable income levels globally.
In addition, advancements in non-amplified TV antennas that do not require an additional power source, are sleek, and capable of receiving ultra-high frequency (UHF) transmissions are another factor expected to boost the growth of the residential segment over the forecast period.
Market Analysis by Region:
The North American market is expected to dominate the global TV antenna market and is expected to account for the largest market revenue share as compared to that of markets in other regions.
The North American market is also expected to register the highest CAGR growth of 4.5% during the forecast period owing to rising prices of cable and satellite subscriptions coupled with increasing cord-cutting for cable and satellite TV in the US and Canada.
The dominance of the North American market is expected to continue over the forecast period. The increasing shift in preference towards the use of TV antennas, owing to its cost-effectiveness as compared to cable and satellite TV subscriptions is another important factor expected to boost the growth of the market in the region.
Companies are focusing on launching new TV antennas in the market with the objective to gain a competitive edge, which is another factor expected to support the growth of the market in the region over the forecast period.
Prominent manufacturers of TV antennas such as Antop Antennas, Inc., Jampro Antennas, Inc., LAVA Electronics, Inc., and Winegard Company have a significantly robust presence in the market in the region, which is another factor expected to boost the growth of the North America TV antennas market.
Market Segmentation of the global TV antennas market:
Segmentation by product type:
- Indoor TV Antenna
- Outdoor TV Antenna
Segmentation by application:
Segmentation by region:
- North America
- South America
Attribute Report Details Market Size Ask For Market Size Growth Rate Ask For Growth Rate Key Companies Ask For Companies Report Coverage Revenue analysis, Competitive landscape, Key company analysis, Market Trends, Key segments, Distribution Channel, Market Dynamics, COVID-19 Impact Analysis and more… Historical Data Period 2015-2020 Base Year 2022 Forecast Period 2022-2031 Region Scope North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East & Africa Country Scope United States, Canada and Mexico, Germany, France, UK, Russia and Italy, China, Japan, Korea, India and Southeast Asia, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia etc.Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Nigeria and South Africa Revenue in US$ Mn
- Winegard Company
- Terk Technologies Corporation
- Horman Co., Ltd.
- KING Connect
- LAVA Electronics, Inc.
- Jampro Antennas, Inc.
- Jampro Antennas, Inc.
- SYSTEMS WITH RELIABILITY, LP. (SWR)
- ANTOP Antennas, Inc.
- Antennas Direct Inc.
- Channel Master LLC
1.0 Chapter 1
- 1.1 Preface
- 1.2 Assumptions
- 1.3 Abbreviations
- 2.1 Report Description
- 2.1.1 Market Definition and Scope
- 2.1.2 Product Information
- 2.1.3 Illustration and Manufacturing Process Analysis
- 2.2 Executive Summary
- 2.2.1 Market Snapshot, By Type
- 2.2.2 Market Snapshot, By Application
- 2.2.3 Market Snapshot, By Region
- 2.2.4 Prudour Opportunity Map Analysis
- 3.0.1 Global TV Antennas Market Dynamics
- 3.0.2 Drivers (D)
- 3.0.3 Restraints (R)
- 3.0.4 Opportunities
- 3.0.5 Trends
- 3.0.6 PEST Analysis
- 3.0.7 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- 3.0.8 DR Impact Analysis
- 3.0.9 Manufacturing Cost Analysis
- 3.0.10 Supply Chain Analysis
- 3.0.11 Vendor Information
- 4.0.1 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, By Type
- 4.0.2 Overview
- 4.0.3 Segment Trends
- 4.0.4 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.1 Indoor TV Antenna
- 4.1.1 Overview
- 4.1.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.2 Outdoor TV Antenna
- 4.2.1 Overview
- 4.2.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.0.1 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, By Application
- 5.0.2 Overview
- 5.0.3 Segment Trends
- 5.0.4 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.1 Residential
- 5.1.1 Overview
- 5.1.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.2 Commercial
- 5.2.1 Overview
- 5.2.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.3 Others
- 5.3.1 Overview
- 5.3.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.0.1 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, by Region/Country
- 6.0.2 Market Attractiveness Index
- 6.0.3 Overview
- 6.0.4 Trends
- 6.0.5 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.0.6 Imports and Exports of TV Antenna Market, by Region, 2011–2016
- 6.1 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, By North America
- 6.1.1 Overview
- 6.1.2 Trends
- 6.1.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.2 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, By Europe
- 6.2.1 Overview
- 6.2.2 Trends
- 6.2.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.3 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, By China
- 6.3.1 Overview
- 6.3.2 Country Trends
- 6.3.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.4 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, By Japan
- 6.4.1 Overview
- 6.4.2 Trends
- 6.4.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.5 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, By South America
- 6.5.1 Overview
- 6.5.2 Trends
- 6.5.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.6 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, By India
- 6.6.1 Overview
- 6.6.2 Trends
- 6.6.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.7 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, By Middle East & Africa
- 6.7.1 Overview
- 6.7.2 Trends
- 6.7.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.8 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, By Rest of the World
- 6.8.1 Overview
- 6.8.2 Trends
- 6.8.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 7.0.1 Competitive Analysis
- 7.0.2 Company Share Analysis
- 7.0.3 Company Profiles
- 7.0.4 Heat Map Analysis
- 7.1 Winegard Company
- 7.1.1 Company Overview
- 7.1.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.2 Terk Technologies Corporation
- 7.2.1 Company Overview
- 7.2.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.3 Horman Co., Ltd.
- 7.3.1 Company Overview
- 7.3.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.4 KING Connect
- 7.4.1 Company Overview
- 7.4.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.5 LAVA Electronics, Inc.
- 7.5.1 Company Overview
- 7.5.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.6 Jampro Antennas, Inc.
- 7.6.1 Company Overview
- 7.6.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.7 Hills Limited
- 7.7.1 Company Overview
- 7.7.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.7.3 Financial Overview
- 7.8 SYSTEMS WITH RELIABILITY, LP. (SWR)
- 7.8.1 Company Overview
- 7.8.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.9 ANTOP Antennas, Inc.
- 7.9.1 Company Overview
- 7.9.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.10 Antennas Direct Inc.
- 7.10.1 Company Overview
- 7.10.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.11 Channel Master LLC
- 7.11.1 Company Overview
- 7.11.2 Product Portfolio
- 8.0.1 Research Methodology
- 8.0.2 About Us
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!