Dietary Supplements Market By Type (Tablets, Capsules, Powder, And Liquids), By Application (Additional Supplements, Medicinal Supplements, And Sports Nutrition), And By Region - Global Forecast To 2029
29th July 2019
- find_in_page Our Research Methodology is based on the following main points:
- Data Collections and Interpretation
- Data Validation
- Final Projections and Conclusion
“Global Dietary Supplements Market” is a published report at MarketResearch.biz. The global dietary supplements market is expected to be valued at approximately US$ 1.4 Bn in 2020, and is projected to witness CAGR of 7.7% over the forecast period. The global dietary supplements market report has been segmented on the basis of ingredient, type, application, end-user, and region.
Dietary supplements are substances that are designed to provide a source of nutrients, apart from normal or regular food intake. These products help in lowering risks of health-related issues and conditions such as osteoporosis, arthritis, etc. Dietary supplements also improve digestion and contain dietary ingredients that promote muscle growth and improve muscle tone. According to the Food and Drug Authority (FDA), dietary supplements are products containing ‘dietary ingredient’, which enable efficient ingestion. Products are available in forms, including tablets, capsules, powders, energy bars, and liquids and beverages, and are available in formats such as hypermarkets, supermarkets, pharmacies, specialized outlets, sport nutrition outlets, online portals, and others. Dietary supplements aid in lowering risk of chronic ailments, while others are meant to improve nutritional value in daily diet. The composition of dietary supplements differs based on target consumer base age, but all are largely recommended for improving overall health.
Increasing urbanization trend has resulted in an increase in the number of working individuals, and the overall global working population. Sedentary lifestyle and lack of a balanced and nutritional diet among a sizable ratio of this section of the population has been resulting in increasing incidence of chronic lifestyle diseases such as stroke, heart disease, obesity, diabetes, and atherosclerosis, etc. Increasing need and preference to ensure good health and wellness is resulting in an increasing consumer base of health conscious consumers. This is among some of the primary factors expected drive growth of the global dietary supplements market. Loss of muscle mass, strength, and function that progressively occurs with aging is known as sarcopenia. Decline in skeletal muscle mass and strength, increasing awareness regarding muscle health, non-vertebral fractures, decreasing food intake, reduced skin thickness, and vision damage is expected to create and support robust demand for dietary supplements in the coming years.
Consumer preference continues to shift towards sustainable, organic, and healthy foods. Also, easy availability of such products and rising visibility and increasing advertising of products on various platforms is supporting market growth. Rising awareness regarding preventive steps and measures and approaches to avoid health-related issues in future is another positive factor. Easy availability of healthier food options is largely being driven by rising consumer demand, which has prompted several brands to reformulate or remarket their existing products. Consumer health concerns currently top the list of priorities when creating and marketing new food products. Thus, the move towards healthy living and eating habits are among some key factors expected to drive growth of the global dietary supplements market over the forecast period. Over-consumption of dietary supplements can result in side effects related to digestion and could even cause diarrhea, loss of appetite, and fatigue. Product recalls after discovery of potential risk to safety or product defects that might endanger consumer health or put the maker/seller at risk of legal action is a major factor expected to hamper growth of the dietary supplements market over the forecast period.
Companies are collaborating with leading research institutions and universities in order to develop unique and high-quality dietary supplements products for specific medical nutrition, which present significantly high revenue potential opportunities for dietary supplement manufacturers. Furthermore, companies are investing in pre-clinical and clinical studies to collect data on product efficacy and patient safety. Companies are developing products that can reduce risks of diseases such as type 2 diabetes, protein malnutrition, post-recovery illness, and inflammatory bowel disease. Moreover, certain non-profit organizations are taking initiatives to supply dietary supplements in emerging economies. These factors can prove to be robust revenue opportunities for manufacturers to increase bulk sales. Various companies are focusing on utilizing online platforms to market and sell varieties of dietary supplements and related products in order to increase visibility and drive sales and revenue. Through this platform, manufacturers offer more and detailed information regarding their products, and also can view reviews and gather user feedback, while expanding customer base. Owing to the ongoing digitalization trend, various online platforms are focusing on delivering more personalized content that is intended to convey information to health enthusiasts. In addition, companies offer discounts for purchases made online and increased interest in Eastern health and wellness products across the globe are factors expected to support growth of the global dietary supplements market. Key players in the dietary supplements market are constantly expanding their product lines of organic certified products to meet increasing consumer demand for such products in the market.
Global Dietary Supplements Market Segment Analysis:
By Ingredient: Among the ingredient segments, the vitamin segment is projected to account for majority revenue share, and register a CAGR of 8% over the forecast period.
By Type: Among the type segments, the tablets segment is projected to account for major revenue share, and register a CAGR of 7.8% over the forecast period.
Global Dietary Supplements Market Regional Analysis:
The market in North America currently accounts for highest revenue share among the regional markets, followed by Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa respectively.
Global Dietary Supplements Market Segmentation:
- Amino acids
- Additional Supplements
- Medicinal Supplements
- Sports Nutrition
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Archer-Daniels-Midland (ADM)
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Glanbia PLC
- Koninklijke DSM N.V
- Pfizer Inc.
- Carlyle Group
- Bayer AG
- Amway Corporation
- Herbalife Nutrition Ltd.
- Nestlé S.A.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- BASF SE
- Danone S.A.
- Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd.
- The Himalaya Drug Company
- Chapter 1 Global Dietary Supplements Market Overview
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Segmentation for Global Dietary Supplements Market, based on Ingredient, Type, Application, End User and Region
- 1.3 Drivers for Global Dietary Supplements Market
- 1.4 Restraints for Global Dietary Supplements Market
- 1.5 Opportunities for Global Dietary Supplements Market
- 1.6 Trends for Global Dietary Supplements Market
- 1.7 Macro-economic Factors
- 1.8 Opportunity Map Analysis
- 1.8.1 Optimistic Scenario:
- 1.8.2 Likely Scenario:
- 1.8.3 Conservative Scenario:
- 1.9 Opportunity Orbits
- 1.10 Market Investment Feasibility Index
- 1.11 Pest Analysis
- Chapter 1 Global Dietary Supplements Market Overview
Request for Customization
- Which are the leading four key players in the global dietary supplements market?Archer-Daniels-Midland (ADM), DuPont de Nemours, Inc., Glanbia PLC, and Koninklijke DSM N.V. are the leading four key players in the global dietary supplements market
- Which application segment in the global dietary supplements market is projected to account for highest revenue growth in 2029?The additional supplements segment among the application segments is projected to account for highest revenue share of US$ 123.7 Bn in 2029
- What is the projected revenue share from the global dietary supplements market in 2024?The projected revenue share from the global dietary supplements market in 2024 is US$ 188.9 Bn
- How much difference in revenue is projected from the global dietary supplements market between 2024 and 2026?The projected difference in revenue from the global dietary supplements market between 2024 and 2026 is US$ 30.70 Bn
- Which regional market in the global dietary supplements market is projected to account for highest revenue share in 2022?North America market is projected to account for highest revenue share of US$ 52.1 Bn in 2022.
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!