Alkylate Market By Type (Sulfuric Acid Alkylation, Hydrofluoric Acid Alkylation) By Application (Automobile Industry, Aviation Industry) and Region - Global Forecast 2026
11th October 2018
The global alkylate market is estimated to value at approximately US$ 22 Bn in 2019, and is expected to register a CAGR of 2.5%. The report offers in-depth insights, revenue details, and other vital information regarding the global alkylate market and the various trends, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the target market till 2028. The global alkylate market report has been segmented on the basis of type, application, and region/country.
Global Alkylate Market: Introduction
Alkylate is a high-octane blending component for motor gasoline and aviation gasoline. Alkylate is produced by reacting light olefins, such as butylenes, from refinery sources, fluid catalytic cracking units, or from steam cracking units, with isoparaffins, such as isobutane, in the presence of an acidic catalyst.
Global Alkylate Market: Dynamics
A major factor driving growth of the global alkylate market during the forecast period is increasing utilization of alkylate in aviation and automotive industries owing to its properties such as, low sulfur content, low aromatics content, and low vapor pressure. In addition, increasing adoption of alkylate in automotive sector is another factor expected to boost growth of the global alkylate market in the near future owing to alkylate properties of high octane and low volatility hydrocarbon that can be added to aviation fuel, as well as motor gasoline to increase the octane rating, without violating stringent volatility specifications.
Growing demand for alkylate gasoline among forestry applications is expected to drive growth of the global alkylate market owing to increasing utilization and demand for alkylate gasoline in wide range of smaller engines such as lawnmowers, chainsaws, leaf trimmers, outboard engines, snow throwers etc. and for other powered tools.
Furthermore, increasing penetration and growing demands of automobiles and alkylate-blended gasoline is expected to proliferate growth of the global alkylate market. This is primarily due to rising adoption of alkylate used to raise the octane number of gasoline when used as a blend and its ecofriendly feature as compared to MTBE, hence phasing-out of MTBE as a gasoline additive is a factor expected to support growth of the global market to a certain extent.
However, increasing penetration of electric vehicles (EVs) is a major factor expected to restrain growth of the global alkylate market to a certain extent over the forecast period. In addition, growing preference for bioethanol as a superior alternative to gasoline-based fuels with regard to environmental global warming potential is another factor expected to hamper growth of global alkylate market over the forecast period.
Growing demand for automobiles owing to increasing population, rising income levels, changing lifestyle of consumers, coupled with stringent government regulations for vehicle and passenger safety are among some of the major factors expected to increase focus optimization of the production process of alkylates, which can create lucrative growth opportunities for key players in the global alkylate market. Furthermore, development of more cost-effective production processes could help manufacturers to reduce manufacturing overheads and end-product costs, and will help to gain major revenue share in markets across the globe owing to high capital investment associated with manufacturing process of alkylate.
Global Alkylate Market Analysis, by Type
On the basis of type, the sulfuric acid alkylation segment is expected to contribute major revenue share in the global alkylate market and is expected to register highest CAGR of over 2.5%, in terms of revenue over the forecast period, owing to increasing focus of manufacturers to develop innovative and advanced sulfuric acid alkylation processes that produces good quality yield and provides cost-effective solutions.
Global Alkylate Market Analysis, by Application
Among all the application segments, the automotive industry segment is expected to contribute major revenue share in the global alkylate market and is expected to register highest CAGR of over 2%, in terms of revenue over the forecast period.
In addition, demand for automobiles, especially SUVs and luxury cars globally, is increasing owing to increasing disposable income and improving standards of living.
Market Analysis by Region/Country:
The market in North America is expected to account for significant revenue share in the global alkylate market in 2019.
The China market is expected to register significant growth rate in the global alkylate market, and is expected to account for moderate revenue share in the global alkylate market in 2019. Furthermore, alkylate market in China is expected to register highest CAGR of over 2.8% over the forecast period.
Factors driving growth of the global alkylate market are increasing government investments on expenditure of smart automobiles and growing aviation industry in the country, coupled with increasing preference for air travel is expected to boost demand for aviation gasoline, which in turn will drive revenue growth of the China alkylate market over the forecast period in countries in the region.
The market in Europe is expected to register moderate growth rate in the global alkylate market over the forecast period. The Europe market is expected to account for major share in terms of production of civil aircraft, which includes helicopters, aircraft engines, and parts and components as well as growing aerospace industry in Europe is expected to proliferate demand for aviation gasoline, which in turn will drive revenue growth of the alkylate market in the region.
Market Segmentation of Global Alkylate Market:
Segmentation by type:
- Sulfuric Acid Alkylation
- Hydrofluoric Acid Alkylation
Segmentation by application:
- Automobile Industry
- Aviation Industry
- Others (Lawnmowers, Snow-Removal Equipment, And Forest Machinery)
Segmentation by region/country:
- North America
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Rest of the World
- Reliance Industries Ltd.
- Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A
- Marathon Petroleum Corp.
- Exxon Mobil Corp.
- PJSC LUKOIL
- BP plc
- Valero Energy Corp.
- Royal Dutch Shell plc
- Petróleo Brasileiro S.A.
- BASF SE
- Chevron Corp.
- 1.0 Chapter 1
- 1.1 Preface
- 1.2 Assumptions
- 1.3 Abbreviations
- 2.0 Chapter 2
- 2.1 Report Description
- 2.1.1 Market Definition and Scope
- 2.2 Executive Summary
- 2.2.1 Market Snapshot, By Type
- 2.2.2 Market Snapshot, By Application
- 2.2.3 Market Snapshot, By Region/Country
- 2.2.4 Prudour Opportunity Map Analysis
- 2.1 Report Description
- 3.0 Chapter 3
- 3.0.1 Global Alkylate Market Dynamics
- 3.0.2 Drivers (D)
- 3.0.3 Restraints (R)
- 3.0.4 Opportunities
- 3.0.5 Trends
- 3.0.6 DR Impact Analysis
- 3.0.7 PEST Analysis
- 3.0.8 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- 3.0.9 Product Information
- 3.0.10 Industry Regulations
- 3.0.11 Industry News
- 3.0.12 Manufacturing Process Overview
- 3.0.13 Raw Material Overview
- 3.0.14 Manufacturing Cost Structure Benchmark
- 3.0.15 Labor Cost Analysis
- 3.0.16 Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.0 Chapter 4
- 4.0.1 Global Alkylate Market Segment Analysis, By Type
- 4.0.2 Overview
- 4.0.3 Segment Trends
- 4.0.4 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2013–2028
- 4.0.5 Market Volume (Mn barrels) Analysis, by Type, 2013–2028
- 4.1 Sulfuric Acid Alkylation
- 4.1.1 Overview
- 4.1.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2028
- 4.2 Hydrofluoric Acid Alkylation
- 4.2.1 Overview
- 4.2.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2028
- 5.0 Chapter 5
- 5.0.1 Global Alkylate Market Segment Analysis, By Application
- 5.0.2 Overview
- 5.0.3 Segment Trends
- 5.0.4 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2013–2028
- 5.0.5 Market Volume (Mn barrels) Analysis, by Application, 2013–2028
- 5.1 Automobile Industry
- 5.1.1 Overview
- 5.1.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2028
- 5.2 Aviation Industry
- 5.2.1 Overview
- 5.2.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2028
- 5.3 Others
- 5.3.1 Overview
- 5.3.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2028
- 6.0 Chapter 6
- 6.0.1 Global Alkylate Market Segment Analysis, by Region/Country
- 6.0.2 Global Oil Production, 2013–2017
- 6.0.3 Global Oil Consumption, 2013–2017
- 6.0.4 Global Motor Gasoline Consumption, 2017
- 6.0.5 Global Gasoline Prices, 2018
- 6.0.6 Average Alkylate Content of Gasoline Pool, 2017
- 6.0.7 Market Attractiveness Index
- 6.0.8 Global Alkylate Average Selling Pricing Analysis, 2013–2028
- 6.0.9 Overview
- 6.0.10 Region/ Country Trends
- 6.0.11 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2013–2017
- 6.0.12 Market Volume (Mn barrels) Analysis, by Region, 2013–2028
- 6.0.13 List of Manufacturers, Gasoline Blenders, and End-Users of Alkylates
- 6.1 North America
- 6.1.1 Overview
- 6.1.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2028
- 6.2 Europe
- 6.2.1 Overview
- 6.2.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2028
- 6.3 China
- 6.3.1 Overview
- 6.3.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2028
- 6.4 Japan
- 6.4.1 Overview
- 6.4.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2028
- 6.5 Middle East & Africa
- 6.5.1 Overview
- 6.5.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2028
- 6.6 India
- 6.6.1 Overview
- 6.6.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2028
- 6.7 South America
- 6.7.1 Overview
- 6.7.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2028
- 6.8 Rest of the World
- 6.8.1 Overview
- 6.8.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2028
- 7.0 Chapter 7
- 7.0.1 Competitive Landscape
- 7.0.2 Company Profiles
- 7.1 Reliance Industries Ltd.
- 7.1.1 Company Overview
- 7.1.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.1.3 Financial Overview
- 7.2 Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A.
- 7.2.1 Company Overview
- 7.2.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.2.3 Financial Overview
- 7.3 Marathon Petroleum Corp.
- 7.3.1 Company Overview
- 7.3.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.3.3 Financial Overview
- 7.4 Exxon Mobil Corp.
- 7.4.1 Company Overview
- 7.4.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.4.3 Financial Overview
- 7.5 PJSC LUKOIL
- 7.5.1 Company Overview
- 7.5.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.5.3 Financial Overview
- 7.5.4 Recent Developments
- 7.6 BP plc
- 7.6.1 Company Overview
- 7.6.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.6.3 Financial Overview
- 7.7 Valero Energy Corp.
- 7.7.1 Company Overview
- 7.7.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.7.3 Financial Overview
- 7.8 Royal Dutch Shell plc
- 7.8.1 Company Overview
- 7.8.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.8.3 Financial Overview
- 7.9 Petróleo Brasileiro S.A.
- 7.9.1 Company Overview
- 7.9.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.9.3 Financial Overview
- 7.10 BASF SE
- 7.10.1 Company Overview
- 7.10.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.10.3 Financial Overview
- 7.10.4 Recent Developments
- 7.11 Chevron Corp.
- 7.11.1 Company Overview
- 7.11.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.11.3 Financial Overview
- 7.11.4 Recent Developments
- 7.12 PetroChina Company Ltd.
- 7.12.1 Company Overview
- 7.12.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.12.3 Financial Overview
- 7.13 Ningbo Haiyue New Materials Co., Ltd.
- 7.13.1 Company Overview
- 7.13.2 Product Portfolio
- 8.0 Chapter 8
- 8.0.1 Research Methodology
- 8.0.2 About Us
- 1.0 Chapter 1
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!