Global Glucagon Market By Type, By Application, And By Region – Global Forecast From 2020 To 2029
22nd August 2019
- find_in_page Our Research Methodology is based on the following main points:
- Data Collections and Interpretation
- Data Validation
- Final Projections and Conclusion
“Global Glucagon Market” is a published report at MarketResearch.biz. The global glucagon market is expected to value at approximately US$ 0.4 Bn in 2020 and is projected to register CAGR of 6.2% over the 10-year forecast period. The global glucagon market report has been segmented on the basis of type, application, and region.
Maintaining an apt blood sugar level is very important for the good health of human body. In low blood sugar levels, people feel disoriented and drowsy. Glucagon is one of the various complex hormonal systems, which control blood sugar. Glucagon, being a metabolic hormone, plays an important role in controlling level of blood sugar in human body. Glucagon is also used as a drug for treating severe hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). In order to maintain right level of blood sugar in healthy individuals, Glucagon and insulin hormone works together. FDA approval was granted to glucagon removal drugs in November 1960. Glucagon is usually available in various forms such as intravenous, subdermal or intramuscular injection. Glucagon sometimes causes certain side effects such as nausea, vomiting, rash, and itching. Individuals also sometimes get difficulties in breathing and become unconsciousness due to glucagon.
Increasing number of elderly population coupled with rising prevalence and incidence of diabetes across the world are major factors driving growth of the global glucagon market. In addition, increasing technological advancements are expected to further drive growth of the glucagon market over the forecast period. Moreover, a rapidly growing population coupled with government support and favorable reimbursement policies are some of the other factors expected to drive the global glucagon market growth significantly over the forecast period.
Growing incidence and prevalence of hypoglycemia in diabetes patients and increasing innovations in non-injectable emergency glucagon are expected to further drive growth of the global glucagon market. In addition, increasing NDA support for first nasal glucagon powder is another factor projected to drive growth of the global glucagon market. Attributed to growing geriatric population, the growth of the global glucagon market is expected to drive over the forecast period. Another factor driving growth of the market is the wide use of Intravenous or powdered glucagon to prevent hypoglycemia by reducing sugar levels in the body. Moreover, increasing funding by various organizations for improving the healthcare infrastructure and increasing advancements in drugs and therapies are projected to further drive demand for glucagon in the global glucagon market over the forecast period. Regulatory approvals and growing awareness among consumers about products are propelling growth of the market. Glucagon is good for heart especially for the cases of catecholamine surge. Growing demand from consumers for glucagon owing to heart-related issues is expected to drive growth of the market over the forecast period. Shift in lifestyle of consumers, bad eating habits, and obesity are expected to be factors driving growth of the market over the forecast period. However, poorly developed medical infrastructure and non-favorable reimbursement policies in emerging countries associated with high prices are factors expected to hamper growth of the global glucagon market to a certain extent. Increasing funding and initiatives by various leading administrations to improve diabetes-related health expenditure is a factor offering lucrative opportunities for market growth. Rising availability of rescue glucagon kits or mini-dose glucagon in the markets is an ongoing trend observed in the target market.
Global Glucagon Market Segment Analysis:
By Type: Among the type segments, the kits segment is projected to account for majority revenue share, and register a CAGR of 6.0% over the forecast period.
By Application: Among the application segments, the emergency use segment is projected to account for majority revenue share, and register a CAGR of 6.0% over the forecast period.
Global Glucagon Market Regional Analysis:
The market in North America currently accounts for highest revenue share among the regional markets, followed by Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. The region is expected to register a CAGR of 6.0% over the forecast period.
Novo Nordisk A/S (Year-2019)
Regulatory Approval; In November, Novo Nordisk secured the US FDA approval for ESPEROCT, which treats adults and children with Haemophilia A.
Plans/Strategy; In August, the company announced its plan to rebuild a facility in Treyburn, North Carolina, the US to support oral diabetes drug development.
Contracts/Agreements; In April, the company entered into a collaboration with Sempre Health to improve diabetes medications for the Sempre Health affordability & engagement solution.
Contracts/Agreements; In February, the company and Abbott entered into an agreement to integrate insulin dose data by using digital solution.
Contracts/Agreements; In January, Novo Nordisk signed Asia Pacific distribution agreement with DKSH for high-quality cGMP quaternary ammonium compounds in eleven markets across the region.
Contracts/Agreements; In December, e-therapeutics entered into a research collaboration with the company to use e-therapeutics' proprietary network-driven drug discovery platform to develop theraphies for type-2 diabetes.
Contracts/Agreements; In December, the company and Staten Biotechnology entered into an agreement for the development of new therapies to treat hypertriglyceridaemia.
Acquisitions/Mergers/Takeovers; In December, the company acquired Beacon optofluidic platform from Berkeley Lights.
Contracts/Agreements; In November, Novo Nordisk signed a collaboration agreement with Embark Biotech to develop a novel therapeutics for obesity and metabolic diseases.
Contracts/Agreements; In October, Novo Nordisk partnered with Glooko, Dexcom, and Roche to integrate with digital health solutions to its NovoPen 6 and NovoPen Echo Plus insulin pens.
Plans/Strategy; In October, Novo Nordisk announced its plans to establish a manufacturing site in Fremont, California, the US to develop and produce stem cell-based therapies.
Contracts/Agreements; In October, Novo Nordisk entered into an agreement with Strongbridge to acquire the rights of MACRILEN (macimorelin) in the US and Canada.
Global Glucagon Market Segmentation:
- Powder/ Solution
- Emergency Use
- General Use
- Diagnostic & Motility
- Cardiogenic Shock
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- Eli Lilly & Company
- Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Xeris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Svar Life Science AB
- Taj Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Chapter 1 Global Glucagon Market Overview
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Segmentation for Global Glucagon Market, based on Type, Application, and Region
- 1.3 Drivers for Global Glucagon Market
- 1.4 Restraints for Global Glucagon Market
- 1.5 Opportunities for Global Glucagon Market
- 1.6 Trends for Global Glucagon Market
- 1.7 Macro-economic Factors
- 1.8 Opportunity Map Analysis
- 1.8.1 Optimistic Scenario
- 1.8.2 Likely Scenario
- 1.8.3 Conservative Scenario
- 1.9 Opportunity Orbits
- 1.10 Regional Market Share and BPS Analysis
- 1.11 Market Investment Feasibility Index
- Chapter 1 Global Glucagon Market Overview
Request for Customization
- What is the CAGR of revenue projected to register from kits segment in the global glucagon market during the forecast period?Revenue from the kits segment in the global glucagon market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period.
- What is the CAGR of revenue projected to register from the global glucagon market during the forecast period?Revenue from the global glucagon market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.2 % during the forecast period
- What is the projected revenue growth of the global glucagon market in 2029?The projected revenue share of the global glucagon market in 2029 is US$ 837.0 Mn.
- What revenue growth is the global glucagon market expected to reach over the forecast periodRevenue from the global glucagon market is expected to reach US$ 837.0 Mn over the forecast period
- Which segment in the global glucagon market is projected to account for highest revenue growth in 2022?In 2022, the emergency use segment is projected to account for highest revenue of US$ 416.5 Mn
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!