CVD Diamond Market By Product Type (Polished, Rough) By Product Technology Type (Hot Filament, Microwave Plasma, Arc–jet Torch By Application (Mechanical applications, Thermal applications, Electrochemical applications) and Region - Global Forecast 2029
5th September 2019
- find_in_page Our Research Methodology is based on the following main points:
- Data Collections and Interpretation
- Data Validation
- Final Projections and Conclusion
The global CVD diamond market is estimated to be valued at around US$ 10 Bn in 2020, and is expected to register a CAGR of 8.3%. The global CVD diamond market report has been segmented on the basis of product type, technology type, application, and region.
CVD diamonds are synthetic diamonds produced from chemical vapor deposition technique, in which diamonds are grown from a hydrocarbon gas mixture. CVD diamonds are chemically, physically, and optically identical to mined diamonds. Increasing demand for diamonds owing to its high thermal conductivity and low coefficient of friction, which makes them ideal for industrial applications such as laser diodes, water treatment electrodes, cutting tools, surgical tools, etc. Chemical vapors deposited (CVD) synthetic diamond is typically produced in a vacuum. They are available in different colors can be produced, such as yellow, brown, green, blue, orange, and clear white. CVD diamond materials range in grain size from ultrananocrystalline and nanocrystalline films, through polycrystalline plates and wafers to large single crystals.
Dynamics: Global CVD Diamond Market
A major factor driving growth of the global CVD diamond market is cost advantage of CVD diamonds as compared to that for natural diamonds. Production of CVD diamonds are carried out at a higher rate as compared to the time ideally required to mine and cut or dress natural occurring diamonds, and offer flexibility to alter various properties as required for a specific end use. Absence of mining and fewer complexities related to the manufacture of CVD diamonds makes it more cost-effective for various end-use industries and applications.
Moreover, effective characteristics of CVD diamonds such as unique properties of negative electron affinity surface, stable excitons, long impurity spin relaxation, and surface hole accumulation layer of CVD diamonds offers various benefits in electronic and optoelectronic devices, which is not possible with semiconductors produced using other materials. CVD diamonds have various advantages over other semiconductor materials because these are pure carbon, have very stable carbon-carbon bond, and are biocompatible in nature.
However, more electricity is required to manufacture CVD diamonds and electricity required to produce one carat diamond does not scale with the number of or size of chambers required. Thus, electricity becomes a major cost concern for manufacturers. In addition, producing seeds is other cost that is a major overhead, and it is not likely that a costly alternative for diamond seed will ever be found. Another factor limiting growth of the global CVD diamond market is its low or no resale value. The cost of cutting and polishing CVD diamonds is the same as that for natural diamonds, and also highly skilled artisans will still be required to produce CVD diamonds, but still natural diamonds command a greater resale value, which is expected to hamper market growth to some extent in future is expected to restraint the growth of the global CVD diamond over the forecasted years.
Major players are focusing on electron emission materials has moved from field emission displays to a range of applications, including large-area vacuum electronics, power switches, electron amplifiers, and thermionic energy conversion. Therefore, innovation and advancements in NCD and homoepitaxial-doped diamond films will help to further drive developments in the field, thereby creating newer opportunities for players in the global market.
Segment and Region Analysis: Global CVD Diamond Market
Market Analysis by Product Type:
Among the product type segments, the rough product type segment is expected to contribute major revenue share in the global CVD diamond market and is also projected to witness highest CAGR of over 8.5%, in terms of revenue over the forecast period, owing to increasing preference for rough type in electronics sectors for designing chips, thermal management, etc.
Market Analysis by Technology Type:
On the basis of technology type, the microwave plasma segment is expected to contribute major revenue share in the global CVD diamond market. The hot filament segment is expected to witness highest CAGR of over 8.4% in terms of revenue over the forecast period, owing to increasing demand for precision tools, electronics, optics, and gems across the globe.
Market Analysis by Application:
Among all the application segments, the electrochemical application segment is expected to contribute major revenue share in the global CVD diamond market and is expected to witness highest CAGR of over 8.8% in terms of revenue over the forecast period, owing to properties of CVD diamond market such as high thermal conductivity and high resistance to thermal shock is increasing its applicability in electronic devices as heat dispensers. In addition, increasing application of CVD diamonds as sub-mounts for high-power integrated circuits and laser diodes is expected to support revenue growth of this segment.
Market Analysis by Region:
The Asia Pacific market is expected to dominate in the global CVD diamond market followed by the North America and Europe markets in terms of revenue shares. The Asia Pacific market is expected to witness highest growth of over 9.1% in the global market. Driving factors for growth of the Asia Pacific CVD diamond market are increasing demand for CVD diamonds from electronics product packaging industry for application in diamond-based heat spreaders with an objective to boost production capacity. In addition, rising demand for CVD diamonds from the textile industry, especially for application in cutting tools, scalpels, length gauge tips, and wear resistant components, is another major factor expected to drive growth of the CVD diamond market in the region, and in turn is expected to drive growth of the global market. The CVD diamond market in the Middle East & Africa is projected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period, owing to rapidly growing electronics industry in the countries in the region.
Market Segmentation of Global CVD Diamond Market:
Segmentation by Product Type:
Segmentation by Technology Type:
- Hot Filament
- Microwave Plasma
- Arc-jet Torch
Segmentation by Application:
- Machine and Cutting Tools
- Thermal Applications
- Electrochemical Applications
- Gem Segment
Segmentation by Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
- SP3 Diamond Technologies, Inc.
- Diamond Materials GmbH
- Hebei Plasma Diamond Technology Co., Ltd
- Excellent Diamond Product (EDP) Corp.
- Delaware Diamond Knives, Inc.
- Anglo American plc (Element Six)
- IIa Technologies Pte. Ltd.
- Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
- Advanced Diamond Technologies, Inc.
- Morgan Advanced Materials Plc
- Chapter 1 Global CVD Diamond Market Insights
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Segmentation for Global CVD Diamond Market, Based on Type, Technology, Application, and Region
- 1.3 Drivers for Global CVD Diamond Market
- 1.4 Restraints for Global CVD Diamond Market
- 1.5 Opportunities for Global CVD Diamond Market
- 1.6 Trends for Global CVD Diamond Market
- 1.7 Pest Analysis
- 1.8 PORTER’s Five Forces Analysis
- 1.9 Macro-economic Factors
- 1.10 Opportunity Orbits
- 1.11 Opportunity Map Analysis
- 1.11.1 Optimistic Scenario
- 1.11.2 Likely Scenario
- 1.11.3 Conservative Scenario
- Chapter 1 Global CVD Diamond Market Insights
Request for Customization
- How much will be the global CVD diamond market worth in 2022?According to MarketResearch.biz, the global CVD diamond market is estimated to be valued at approximately US$ 11.5 Bn in 2022.
- What is the projected CAGR for the global CVD diamond market?The global CVD diamond market is projected to register a CAGR of 8.3% over the forecast period.
- What is the major factor that could hamper growth of the global CVD diamond market?Low or no resale value of CVD diamonds is a major factor that could hamper the growth of the global CVD diamond market to a certain extent.
- Among the product type segments, which segment is expected to contribute highest revenue share in 2025?The rough segment is projected to contribute the highest revenue share in the global CVD diamond market in 2025.
- Among the technology segments, which segment is expected to account for highest revenue share and register highest CAGR?The microwave plasma segment is expected to account for highest revenue share, whereas, the hot filament segment is projected to register highest CAGR in the global CVD diamond market.
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!