Global Cosmetic Raw Materials Market By Flooring Type, By Application, By End-Use, And By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, And Middle East & Africa) – Global Forecast From 2020 To 2029
17th October 2019
find_in_page Our Research Methodology is based on the following main points:
- Data Collections and Interpretation
- Data Validation
- Final Projections and Conclusion
The global cosmetic raw materials market revenue is expected to register a CAGR of 5.1%, and is projected to be valued at approximately US$ 38 Bn in 2029. The global cosmetic raw materials market is segmented based on type, application, and region. The study includes exhaustive primary and secondary research efforts to ensure highest level of accuracy. The report offers in-depth insights, revenue details, and other vital information regarding the target market. It also provides a comprehensive overview of growth opportunities along with the latest market trends observed in the global cosmetic raw material market.
Cosmetic Raw Materials: Overview
Cosmetic raw materials are primary raw materials that are useful for manufacturing cosmetic products. Cosmetics are composed of several raw materials that are processed together to produce a finished cosmetic product. Cosmetics usually include raw materials such as aesthetic additions, active ingredients, stabilizers, diluents, and adjustment agents. The availability of superior quality raw materials assists ease of production and increases market value.
Report Coverage and Deliverables
Global Cosmetic Raw Materials Market: Dynamics
Increasing inclination towards personal care and grooming, coupled with growing demand for cosmetic products, especially from younger generation are some of the major factors driving growth of the global cosmetic raw materials market. Growing demand for popular grooming and cosmetic products for men such as anti-aging creams, skin whitening creams, hair care products and other male-oriented products are among other factors supporting demand and adoption of various cosmetic raw materials for production of products. Furthermore, availability of different environment-friendly and plant-based raw materials for production of for organic and vegan cosmetic products which are in high demand owing to increasing vegan population and inclination towards organic products are factors projected to support growth of the target market. The cosmetic raw materials market is highly competitive, thus the key players are focusing on different expansion strategies such as mergers, new product launches, geographical expansions, and other sustainability strategies. Availability of various cosmetics and personal care products on online retail platforms is increasing sale of products, and eventually increasing adoption of cosmetic raw materials by manufacturers. Insufficient or lack of investment for R&D activities is a major factor that could restrain growth of the target market.
Global Cosmetic Raw Materials Market: Segment and Region Insights:
Insights, by Type:
The active ingredient segment is projected to record highest share in terms of revenue in the global cosmetic raw materials market over the forecast period, followed by the aesthetic material segment, the carrier segment, and other type segments respectively.
Insights, by Application:
The skin & body care segment in the application segment is projected to contribute major revenue share in the target market. The colour cosmetics segment is projected to register highest CAGR of over 5.4% over the 10-year forecast period.
Insights, by Region:
Europe market is projected to account for highest revenue share in the global cosmetic raw materials market. The Asia Pacific market is projected to register the highest CAGR of over 6.1%.
Evonik Industries AG (Year 2018)
- New Products/Services: In April, the company launched Tego Pep 4-Comfort that soothes the sensitive skin and Antil 500 Pellets consists of thickening properties.
Clariant AG (Year 2018)
- Corporate Changes/Expansions: Clariant unveiled new dedicated active ingredients unit for personal care.
- Corporate Changes/Expansions: Clariant opened global competence center for hair care in Brazil.
- Corporate Changes/Expansions: The company established a global competence center hair care will be located in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- New Products/Services: Clariant launched a comprehensive range of ingredients for the personal care sector, which caters to skin, hair and oral care products, at the HPCI 2016 event held in Mumbai.
- Acquisitions/Mergers/Takeovers: Clariant entered into an agreement with Vivimed Labs to acquire a part of Vivimed Labs' personal care portfolio.
- Acquisitions/Mergers/Takeovers: Clariant closed its transaction to acquire a 30% share in Beraca Ingredientes Naturais, which assumed the Health & Personal Care Business of Sabara Quimicos e Ingredientes.
Ashland Global Holdings Inc. (Year 2014)
- New Products/Services: Ashland Specialty Ingredients, a commercial unit of Ashland, introduced Neomatrix biofunctional, a novel skin pentapeptide inspired by stratifin signaling proteins.
Givaudan SA (Year 2019)
- Acquisitions/Mergers/Takeovers: In May, Givaudan announced an agreement to acquire the cosmetics business of AMSilk GmbH.
- Acquisitions/Mergers/Takeovers: In August, the company acquired Fragrance Oils International Ltd, a manufacturer of scents for personal care and home care applications.
- Plans/Strategy: In July, the company announced its plan to acquire Drom fragrances, a perfume manufacturing company.
Givaudan SA (Year 2018)
- New Products/Services; In May, the company launched Sensoria, a combination of sensorial ingredients, fine fragrance and cosmetic actives.
- Contracts/Agreements; In May, the company and DSM expanded their global partnership with Mixfit to deliver personalized nutritional drinks for consumers.
- Acquisitions/Mergers/Takeovers; In June, the company acquired Expressions Parfumees, a fragrance creation house from France.
- New Products/Services; In August, the company introduced a New Product Development assistant, EVE based on Artificial Intelligence for cosmetic products.
- Contracts/Agreements; In August, the company entered into a collaboration with IIVS and BASF to validate a non-animal test for regulatory submissions.
Global Cosmetic Raw Materials Market Segmentation:
Segmentation based on Type:
- Active Ingredient
- Aesthetic Material
- Other Types
Segmentation based on Application:
- Skin & Body Care
- Hair Care
- Bath & Shower Products
- Color Cosmetics
- Other Applications
Segmentation based on Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
- BASF SE
- Evonik Industries AG
- DowDuPont, Inc.
- SOLVAY S.A.
- Eastman Chemical Company
- CLARIANT AG
- Ashland Global Holdings Inc.
- Momentive Performance Materials, Inc.
- CRODA International Plc
- Chapter 1 Global Cosmetic Raw Materials Market Overview
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Global Cosmetic Raw Materials Market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and region
- 1.3 Drivers of Global Cosmetic Raw Materials Market
- 1.4 Restraints of Global Cosmetic Raw Materials Market
- 1.5 Opportunities for Global Cosmetic Raw Materials Market
- 1.6 Trends of Global Cosmetic Raw Materials Market
- 1.7 PEST Analysis
- 1.8 PORTER’s Five Forces Analysis
- 1.9 Macro-Economic Factors
- 1.10 Market Penetration Strategies
- 1.11 Market Investment Feasibility Analysis
- 1.12 Opportunity Orbits
- 1.13 Regional Market Share and BPS Analysis in Global Cosmetic Raw Materials Market
- 1.14 Go to Market Strategy – Market Maturity
- 1.15 Supply Chain Analysis
- 1.16 Opportunity Map Analysis
- Chapter 1 Global Cosmetic Raw Materials Market Overview
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
SOLVAY S.A., Evonik Industries AG, and DowDuPont, Inc. are the top players in the global cosmetic raw materials market.
The projected difference in revenue from the global cosmetic raw materials market between 2025 and 2027 is US$ 3.3456 Mn.
The active ingredient segment among the type segment, is projected to account for the highest value in 2029.
The projected CAGR for the skin & body care segment in the application segment is over 4.9% during the forecast period.
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!