Mutual Fund Transfer Agent Market By Region - Global Forecast To 2026
30 April 2018
find_in_page Our Research Methodology is based on the following main points:
- Data Collections and Interpretation
- Data Validation
- Final Projections and Conclusion
The global mutual fund transfer agent market is estimated to value US$ 2.9 Bn in 2017, and is projected to register a CAGR of 5.6% in terms of value during forecast period 2017–2026. The report offers in-depth insights, revenue details, and other vital information regarding the global mutual fund transfer agent market, and the various trends, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the target market till 2026. The report includes PEST analysis, Porter’s Five Forces analysis, and opportunity map analysis for in-depth understanding of the market. The report offers insightful and detailed information regarding the various key players operating in the global mutual fund transfer agent market, their financials, technological innovations, key developments, apart from future strategies, SWOT analysis, acquisitions & mergers, and market footprint. The global mutual fund transfer agent market is segmented on the basis of region.
A customer or investor in mutual funds performs a number of transactions such as buying, selling, switching units, and other request services on a daily basis. Every mutual fund institute maintains a record of all such transactions, and would become a burden for mutual fund institutes to manage all these daily transactions independently. Due to certain constraints on resources such as manpower and time, it may get outsourced to an external agency. In addition, these agencies can directly handle these requests made by investors. This task is performed by people known as registrar and transfer agents. Mutual fund transfer agents also maintain records of shareholder accounts, calculate and disburse dividends, prepare and mail shareholder account statements, federal income tax information, and other shareholder notices.
Global Mutual Fund Transfer Agent Market Dynamics:
Primary factor driving growth of the global mutual fund transfer agent market is increasing inclination towards mutual funds schemes by working classes, primarily for investment purposes. Unclear terms and conditions or communication gaps between agencies and companies is a primary factor expected to hamper growth of the global mutual fund transfer agent market to a certain extent.
Increasing profitable returns from mutual fund investments and technological advancements in software applications that aid in business processes and secure transactions are other factors expected to result in rising number of long-term mutual fund investments for purposes of tax savings or tax redemption.
However, certain stringent regulations in developed countries may hamper profits and effectiveness of new entrants as well as established players in the global mutual fund transfer agent market.
Implementation of new technologies such as artificial intelligence, digital investment platforms, Big Data analytics, RegTech, and others is an ongoing trend observed in the mutual fund transfer agent market which is expected to have a positive impact on the overall mutual fund value chain.
Analysis by Region:
Market in North America is anticipated to grow at a steadily, while demand for mutual fund transfer agent in Asia Pacific is forecasted to increase significantly in next ten years. The market in emerging countries in Asia Pacific region is registering fastest growth for mutual fund transfer agent market. The growth in the Asia Pacific region is driven by rising demand for mutual fund transfer agent in countries such as China and India.
North America market is anticipated to dominate the global mutual fund transfer agent market and revenue year on year growth of the North America market is estimated to increase steadily during the forecast period, as compared to markets in other regions. The mutual fund transfer agent market in the North America region is a fairly developed market with presence of a number of mutual fund operators and transfer agents, coupled with high awareness about mutual fund investments among the general population in countries in the region. Increasing investment in mutual funds in countries in the region is a major factor driving demand for transfer agents, which in turn is boosting growth of the North America Market.
Increasing investments in mutual funds coupled with presence of a large number of fund management companies in countries in the region, especially in Germany, France, and Luxembourg, are major factors for Europe accounting for second-highest revenue share in the global mutual fund transfer agent market. Mutual fund investments in some countries in the Europe region is relatively low, owing to well-developed financial institutions that provide approximately similar returns to that of mutual funds, which is another factor limiting preference for mutual funds and in turn is hampering growth of the Europe market.
The Market in Asia Pacific is seen to be a developing market for mutual funds, as availability of mutual fund schemes is gradually increasing owing to an increase in disposable income in certain countries and increasing government initiatives for development of industries in countries in the region. This is projected to provide ample opportunities for prominent international market players to expand their presence in countries in the region.
Stringent regulations for mutual fund transfer agents in developed countries may limit entry for other transfer agents. However, developing countries including Indonesia, Vietnam, etc. have a limited framework to regulate entry of mutual fund transfer agents.
Presence of a high number of transfer agents, growing investments into mutual funds, and increasing initiatives by governments in emerging economies such as China, Japan, and India for spreading awareness about mutual fund investments are major factors driving growth of the Asia Pacific mutual fund transfer agent market. Favorable government policies with regard to foreign direct investment (FDI) into financial companies operating in the region coupled with easy access provided to prominent international players to expand presence in developing economies such as China and India by their respective governments are some other major factors anticipated to offer lucrative opportunities for growth of players in the target market.
Global Mutual Fund Transfer Agent Market Segmentation:
Segmentation by mutual fund transfer agent market region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Computershare Limited
- The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation
- Wells Fargo Bank
- National Association
- American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, LLC
- Continental Stock Transfer & Trust Company, Inc.
- Broadridge Corporate Issuer Solutions, Inc.
- Karvy Computershare Private Limited
- Franklin Templeton International Services (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- HSBC Holdings plc.
1 Chapter 1
- 1.1 Preface
- 1.2 Assumptions
- 1.3 Abbreviations
- 2.1 Report Description
- 2.1.1 Global Mutual Fund Transfer Agent Definition and Scope (Who can be Global Mutual Fund Transfer Agent)
- 2.2 Executive Summary
- 2.2.1 Market Snapshot, By Region
- 2.2.2 Prudour Opportunity Map Analysis
- 3.0.1 Global Mutual Fund Transfer Agent Market Dynamics
- 3.0.2 Drivers (D)
- 3.0.3 Restraints (R)
- 3.0.4 Opportunities
- 3.0.5 Trends
- 3.0.6 PEST Analysis
- 3.0.7 PORTER’S Five Forces Analysis
- 4.0.1 Rules and Regulations Governing Global Mutual Fund Transfer Agent
- 4.0.2 Regulator Details Governing MF TA
- 4.0.3 Services Offered by MF TA
- 4.0.4 Outsourcing Opportunities – off shore and on-shore
- 4.0.5 Is MF-TA Treated as Systemically Important Institution (SII) in Capital Markets of Respective Countries?
- 4.0.6 Whether PE investments Allowed in MF TA?
- 4.0.7 Whether Foreign Investment Allowed in MF TA?
- 4.0.8 Global Mutual Fund Transfer Agent Market Analysis, by Region
- 4.0.9 Market Attractiveness Index
- 4.0.10 Overview
- 4.0.11 Regional Trends
- 4.0.12 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.0.13 Opportunities and Challenges in Respective Region/Countries
- 4.0.14 Key Players Across Region/Countries
- 4.1 North America
- 4.1.1 Overview
- 4.1.2 Country Trends
- 4.1.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.1.4 US
- 18.104.22.168 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.1.5 Canada
- 22.214.171.124 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.2 Europe
- 4.2.1 Overview
- 4.2.2 Country Trends
- 4.2.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.2.4 Germany
- 126.96.36.199 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.2.5 UK
- 188.8.131.52 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.2.6 France
- 184.108.40.206 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.2.7 Russia
- 220.127.116.11 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.2.8 Italy
- 18.104.22.168 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.2.9 Rest of Europe
- 22.214.171.124 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.3 Asia Pacific
- 4.3.1 Overview
- 4.3.2 Country Trends
- 4.3.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.3.4 China
- 126.96.36.199 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.3.5 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.3.6 India
- 184.108.40.206 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.3.7 Australia
- 220.127.116.11 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.3.8 South Korea
- 18.104.22.168 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.3.9 Thailand
- 22.214.171.124 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.3.10 Singapore
- 126.96.36.199 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.3.11 Vietnam
- 188.8.131.52 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.3.12 Taiwan
- 184.108.40.206 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.3.13 Rest of Asia Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.4 Latin America
- 4.4.1 Overview
- 4.4.2 Country Trends
- 4.4.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.4.4 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.4.5 Mexico
- 22.214.171.124 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.4.6 Rest of Latin America
- 126.96.36.199 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.5 Middle East & Africa
- 4.5.1 Overview
- 4.5.2 Country Trends
- 4.5.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.5.4 GCC
- 188.8.131.52 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.5.5 Israel
- 184.108.40.206 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.5.6 South Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.5.7 Rest of Middle East & Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.0.1 Company Profiles
- 5.0.2 Shareholding Details by company
- 5.0.3 Market share by company
- 5.1 Computershare Limited
- 5.1.1 Company Overview
- 5.1.2 Service Portfolio
- 5.1.3 Financial Overview
- 5.1.4 Key Developments
- 5.1.5 SWOT Analysis
- 5.2 The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation
- 5.2.1 Company Overview
- 5.2.2 Product Portfolio
- 5.2.3 Financial Overview
- 5.2.4 Key Developments
- 5.2.5 SWOT Analysis
- 5.3 Wells Fargo Bank, National Association
- 5.3.1 Company Overview
- 5.3.2 Service Portfolio
- 5.3.3 Financial Overview
- 5.3.4 SWOT Analysis
- 5.4 American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, LLC
- 5.4.1 Company Overview
- 5.4.2 Service Portfolio
- 5.5 Continental Stock Transfer & Trust Company, Inc.
- 5.5.1 Company Overview
- 5.5.2 Service Portfolio
- 5.5.3 Key Developments
- 5.6 Broadridge Corporate Issuer Solutions, Inc.
- 5.6.1 Company Overview
- 5.6.2 Service Portfolio
- 5.6.3 Financial Overview
- 5.6.4 Key Developments
- 5.6.5 SWOT Analysis
- 5.7 Karvy Computershare Private Limited
- 5.7.1 Company Overview
- 5.7.2 Service Portfolio
- 5.7.3 SWOT Analysis
- 5.8 Motive Interactive, Inc.
- 5.8.1 Company Overview
- 5.8.2 Service Portfolio
- 5.8.3 Financial Overview
- 5.8.4 Recent Developments
- 5.8.5 SWOT Analysis
- 5.9 Franklin Templeton International Services (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- 5.9.1 Company Overview
- 5.9.2 Service Portfolio
- 5.10 HSBC Holdings plc.
- 5.10.1 Company Overview
- 5.10.2 Service Portfolio
- 5.10.3 Financial Overview
- 5.10.4 SWOT Analysis
- 6.0.1 Research Methodology
- 6.0.2 About Us
Why Choose Us
- 360 Degree Approach
- Growth Consulting
- 24/7 Research Support
- Comprehensive-Level of Customization
- Comprehensive-Level of Customization
- Competitive Intelligence
- Single-Country/ Region Intelligence
- Post-Sale Service Assistance
- Access to Lead Analysts
- Available in PDF, Excel, Word/ PPT
Secondary Research: An exhaustive secondary research is carried through both paid and free sources. It involves understanding critical data related to the market. Sources for secondary research include: Government websites Industry Associations Trade & Research Journals Company websites (annual reports, press releases, product brochures, etc. Import-Export Data Factiva, Morningstar, etc. Primary Research: Extensive interviews are held with key market participants through email interactions, online surveys, paid telephonic interviews, face-to-face interviews, etc., to gain a perspective on the market conditions, trends, developments, challenges, etc. Sources for primary research include: CXOs, Global Heads, VPs, Sales/ Purchase/ Product Managers of Key Market Players Distributors, Wholesalers, Retailers, Vendors of Products and Services End-Users belonging to each application industry
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) and Industry Experts: are credible, well-respected influencers in each industry with proven expertise and thought-leadership in the particular field, with a sound knowledge of the industry. We validate our initial research findings with these experts and try to understand their aspect to gain a deeper understanding of the current market trends, competitive landscape, market scope, disruptive technologies, etc. This helps us validate and strengthen our research findings, enhance the team’s expertise, and offer a clear understanding of the target market. All possible factors that influence the market are taken into consideration, such as: Capacity and Production Average Selling Price Total Customer Base Regulatory and Policy Changes Economic factors – Population, GDP, GDP Growth Rate, Inflation, Investments, etc
Triangulation and Analysis: Post collection of the data from all sources and validation from industry experts, we triangulate the market with both a top-down and bottom-up approaches to eliminate any margin for errors. These methods aid us in estimating the market size, market share of manufacturers, regions segments, product segments and applications (end users). In-house Data Modeling Tool: our proprietary data modeling tool is designed to apply a combination of methods to provide accurate market size with the historical and forecasted data and growth rates. The percentage splits, Market Share (%), and breakdowns of the product segments are derived based on weightage assigned to each of the segments based on their utilization rate and average sale price. The regional splits of the overall target market and its sub-segments are based on the given product's percentage adoption or penetration rate in the respective region or country.
Final Presentation: After the triangulation and analysis, we derive the market engineering data with the breakdown for all product segments, applications, and regions. The final report, along with the market dynamics, key USPs of the market are presented in a graphical and tabular format to provide a clear understanding to the client and provide a quick snapshot regarding the market, with the additional data to support the market estimations. .
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!