Middle East & Africa Roofing Materials Market By Type (Tile Roof, Metal Roof, Plastic Roof, And Asphalt Shingles), By Application (Residential And Non-Residential), and Country Forecast To 2028
5th Feb 2019
The Middle East & Africa roofing materials market is estimated to value at nearly US$ 4 Bn in 2019 and is expected to register a CAGR of 2.7%. The Middle East & Africa roofing materials market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and region.
The Middle East & Africa Roofing Materials Market: Introduction
Roofing material is an additional layer on the roof of a building, which is supported by a basic building structure. This layer of a roof available in various designs and textures which is depending upon type of material, performance, economic reasons, aesthetic, and nature of supporting structure.
The Middle East & Africa Roofing Materials Market: Dynamics
Major factors driving growth of the target market are increasing demand for roofing material, rapid urbanization, and expanding construction activities in residential and commercial sectors in the region. In addition, increasing demand for roofing and renovation activities is a major factor driving growth of the Middle East & Africa roofing materials market. Moreover, increasing development of innovative buildings and the availability of customization in roofing materials in terms of sizes, patterns, materials, textures, and colors is resulting in a wider range of new and innovative options to choose from. Furthermore, the development of energy efficient cool roofs, increasing use of eco-friendly materials, and demand for color-lock coating technology in roofing is expected to support demand for roofing materials over the forecast period. Also, changing lifestyle, a rising number of government initiatives and PPP models in construction sector are some of the other factors expected to support growth of the target market over the forecast period.
For instance, according to Timetric’s Construction Intelligence Center (CIC), global construction output is projected to rise to US$ 12.4 trillion in 2022 from US$ 10.4 trillion in 2017.
According to the International Trade Administration, it was reported that in GCC, the Dubai Government had earmarked 17% of its 2017 US$ 12.88 Billion budget for infrastructure, reflecting the Emirate's concern for the gradual implementation of Expo 2020 projects
In addition, the government of Dubai is making significant investments in construction in preparation for Expo 2020. The third and final infrastructure package for the Expo 2020 support areas, including car parking construction, are open to local and international businesses. According to the official website, Expo 2020 Dubai will award 47 construction contracts worth US$ 3.0 Billion in 2017 as preparations for the first World Expo in the Middle East, Africa, and South Asia continue to gather momentum.
According to Brand South Africa, the government is budgeting US$ 32.4 Billion for upgrading and building new infrastructure in the country over the next three years
Major key players are focusing on mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, and expansion of plants and facilities to offer roofing materials and create revenue growth opportunities.
Recently In May 2018, Atlas Roofing Corporation launched a new product – Legend Designer Fiberglass Shingles – with bold cuts and high-contrast color. This product has features and benefits that offer homeowners the performance they expect from quality roof shingles.
In April 2017, Standard Industries Inc. acquired Braas Monier Building Group S.A, which is a manufacturer of building materials for pitched roofs as well as roofing accessories in Europe, Asia Pacific, and South Africa
In December 2016, Monier Roofing, which is a leading Australian roofing company, launched a comprehensive range of roof tiles in a versatile choice of colors and materials. The new products include lightweight roofing material, terracotta tile, and advanced color-lock coating technology.
However, various government regulations along with fluctuating prices of raw materials are factors expected to hamper growth of the Middle East & Africa roofing materials market to a certain extent over the forecast period.
Middle East & Africa Roofing Materials Market Analysis, by Type
Among the type segments, the tile roof segment contributes major revenue share in the target market, and is expected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period. Tile roof segment is also expected to register highest CAGR of over 2.9%. Roofing tiles are primarily made from clay or concrete and are durable, eco-friendly, and offer better insulation capability to sustain in extreme weather conditions as compared to other roofing materials, which is a major factor expected to drive demand for these products/materials.
The Middle East & Africa Roofing Materials Market Analysis, by Application
Among the application segments, the residential segment in the Middle East & Africa roofing materials market is estimated to account for major revenue share in 2019 and is expected to register the highest CAGR of over 2.7%.
The Middle East & Africa Roofing Materials Market Analysis, by Country
Among the countries, the market in GCC is estimated to account for major revenue share and register a CAGR of over 2.6% over the forecast period. The market in South Africa is expected to register a significant growth rate over the forecast period, owing to factors such as growing demand for roofing materials at affordable prices, environment-friendly properties, and aesthetically attractive designs. Moreover, government initiatives, including tax benefits related to eco-friendly materials for roofing of commercial and residential infrastructures, is also expected to propel growth of the target market during the forecast period.
Rapid urbanization and population migration from rural areas to cities in various developing countries have resulted in the urban housing shortage. In order to bridge the gap, government initiatives and undertakings to provide affordable homes has been ongoing, and this and other projects are expected to boost construction activities in such countries. In addition, governments from GCC countries and Africa are encouraging increasing green construction activities, and some include new institutional segments, i.e. government office buildings, hospitals, and schools.
The recent trend observed in the target market is that manufacturers are focusing to develop energy efficient roofs and increasing adoption of eco-friendly materials for roofing of commercial and residential infrastructures. Favorable government initiatives and programs such as National Cooling Action Plan, Repeal and Replace of Green Roof are likely to positively affect demand for the target product.
The Middle East & Africa Roofing Materials Market Segmentation:
The Middle East & Africa Roofing Materials Market Segmentation, by Type:
- Tile Roof
- Metal Roof
- Plastic Roof
- Asphalt Shingles
The Middle East & Africa Roofing Materials Market Segmentation, by Application:
The Middle East & Africa Roofing Materials Market Segmentation, by Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Compagnie de Saint-Gobain S.A.
- CSR Limited
- Owens Corning
- Boral Limited
- DowDuPont Inc.
- Sika AG
- Standard Industries Inc.
- Atlas Roofing Corporation
- IKO Industries Ltd.
- Tesla, Inc.
- 1.0 Chapter 1
- 1.1 Preface
- 1.2 Assumptions
- 1.3 Abbreviations
- 2.0 Chapter 2
- 2.1 Report Description
- 2.1.1 Market Definition and Scope
- 2.2 Executive Summary
- 2.2.1 Market Snapshot, By Type
- 2.2.2 Market Snapshot, By Application
- 2.2.3 Market Snapshot, By Country
- 2.2.4 Prudour Opportunity Map Analysis
- 2.1 Report Description
- 3.0 Chapter 3
- 3.0.1 Middle East & Africa Roofing Materials Market Dynamics
- 3.0.2 Drivers
- 3.0.3 Restraints
- 3.0.4 Opportunities
- 3.0.5 Trends
- 3.0.6 PEST Analysis
- 3.0.7 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- 3.0.8 Middle East & Africa Construction Industry: Overview
- 3.0.9 Middle East & Africa Statistics 2017, by Country
- 3.0.10 Projects Pipeline in GCC, by Industry, 2017 (US$ Mn)
- 3.0.11 Why is Construction Productivity so Low?
- 3.0.12 Housing Backlogs in Some Countries, 2017 (Mn Units)
- 3.0.13 Industry News
- 3.0.14 Opportunities for Solar Roofing
- 4.0 Chapter 4
- 4.0.1 Middle East & Africa Roofing Materials Market Analysis, By Type
- 4.0.2 Overview
- 4.0.3 Segment Trends
- 4.0.4 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2019–2028
- 4.1 Tile Roof
- 4.1.1 Overview
- 4.1.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2019–2028
- 4.2 Metal Roof
- 4.2.1 Overview
- 4.2.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2019–2028
- 4.3 Plastic Roof
- 4.3.1 Overview
- 4.3.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2019–2028
- 4.4 Asphalt Shingles
- 4.4.1 Overview
- 4.4.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2019–2028
- 5.0 Chapter 5
- 5.0.1 Middle East & Africa Roofing Materials Market Analysis, By Application
- 5.0.2 Overview
- 5.0.3 Segment Trends
- 5.0.4 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2019–2028
- 5.1 Residential
- 5.1.1 Overview
- 5.1.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2019–2028
- 5.2 Non-Residential
- 5.2.1 Overview
- 5.2.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2019–2028
- 6.0 Chapter 6
- 6.0.1 Middle East & Africa Roofing Materials Market Analysis, by Country
- 6.0.2 Overview
- 6.0.3 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2019–2028
- 6.1 GCC
- 6.1.1 Overview
- 6.1.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2019–2028
- 6.2 Iran
- 6.2.1 Overview
- 6.2.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2019–2028
- 6.3 South Africa
- 6.3.1 Overview
- 6.3.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2019–2028
- 6.4 Rest of Middle East & Africa
- 6.4.1 Overview
- 6.4.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2019–2028
- 7.0 Chapter 7
- 7.0.1 Company Profiles
- 7.1 Compagnie de Saint-Gobain S.A.
- 7.1.1 Company Overview
- 7.1.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.1.3 Financial Overview
- 7.1.4 Recent Developments
- 7.1.5 SWOT Analysis
- 7.1.6 Contact Information
- 7.2 CSR Limited
- 7.2.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.2.3 Financial Overview
- 7.2.4 Recent Developments
- 7.2.5 Contact Information
- 7.3 Owens Corning
- 7.3.1 Company Overview
- 7.3.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.3.3 Financial Overview
- 7.3.4 Contact Information
- 7.4 Boral Limited
- 7.4.1 Company Overview
- 7.4.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.4.3 Financial Overview
- 7.4.4 Contact Information
- 7.5 DowDuPont Inc.
- 7.5.1 Company Overview
- 7.5.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.5.3 Financial Overview
- 7.5.4 Contact Information
- 7.6 Sika AG
- 7.6.1 Company Overview
- 7.6.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.6.3 Financial Overview
- 7.6.4 SWOT Analysis
- 7.6.5 Contact Information
- 7.7 Standard Industries Inc.
- 7.7.1 Company Overview
- 7.7.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.7.3 Recent Developments
- 7.7.4 Contact Information
- 7.8 Atlas Roofing Corporation
- 7.8.1 Company Overview
- 7.8.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.8.3 Recent Developments
- 7.8.4 Contact Information
- 7.9 IKO Industries Ltd
- 7.9.1 Company Overview
- 7.9.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.9.3 Recent Developments
- 7.9.4 Contact Information
- 7.10 Tesla, Inc.
- 7.10.1 Company Overview
- 7.10.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.10.3 Financial Overview
- 7.10.4 Recent Developments
- 7.10.5 Contact Information
- 8.0 Chapter 8
- 8.0.1 Research Methodology
- 8.0.2 About Us
- 1.0 Chapter 1
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!