Leggings Market By Type (Cotton Spandex, Nylon, Leather) By Application (Men, Women, Kids) and Region - Global Forecast 2026
The global leggings market is estimated to value at approximately US$ 29 Bn in 2018, and is expected to register a CAGR of 6.3%. The report offers in-depth insights, revenue details, and other vital information regarding the global leggings market and the various trends, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the target market till 2023. The report also offers insightful and detailed information regarding the various key players operating in the global leggings market, and their financials, apart from strategies, acquisitions & mergers, and market footprint. The global leggings market report has been segmented on the basis of material type, end user, and region/country.
This report is based on synthesis, analysis, and interpretation of information gathered regarding the target market from various sources. Our analysts have analyzed the information and data and gained insights using a mix of primary and secondary research efforts with the primary objective to provide a holistic view of the market. In addition, an in-house study has been made of the global economic conditions and other economic indicators and factors to assess their respective impact on the market historically, as well as the current impact in order to make informed forecasts about the scenarios in future.
Report Coverage and Deliverables
A leggings are the type of clothes covering leg, usually extending from the ankle to the knee are by soldiers, riders, workers, etc. Leggings are used as sportswear, active wear, and work wear, and are considered to be relatively comfortable as a clothing option.
Global Leggings Market: Market Dynamics
Demand for leggings is expected to continue to rise over the forecast period owing to factors such as easy availability of leggings in various designs and materials such as ankle-length leggings, mid-calf length or capri-length leggings, knee-length leggings, stirrup leggings, footed leggings, jeggings, etc. In addition, leggings offered by major players in various ranges on the basis of size is further driving demand for such products and is expected to drive the growth of the global leggings market.
Moreover, growing westernization trend and rapid urbanization in developing countries such as India, Indonesia, etc., is expected to result into high adoption of leggings. In addition, increasing number of working women, coupled with rising preference for leggings among these consumers is another factor expected to drive growth of the target market over the forecast period.
Furthermore, Availability of leggings for men, women, and kids as well as increasing awareness about availability of maternity leggings, and plus size leggings for large or obese individuals is resulting in expanding customer base, and this trend is expected to continue over the next few years, and is another factor estimated to drive growth of the market.
However, the global leggings market is fragmented and competitive owing to a large number of manufacturers present globally. In order to sustain in the highly competitive market, major players are offering quality products at considerably lower cost. This could result into reduced profits, which is a factor restraining revenue growth of the target market.
Production of anti-sweat and anti-bacterial leggings, especially for consumers in hot, tropical, and humid regions and for joggers, dancers, and gymnastics is expected to create high revenue opportunities for players operating in the global market. The global populating is increasing and the number of younger individuals has also been increasing sizably, and this coupled with rising inclination to excel in sports activities and to increase muscle strength is furthermore resulting in more footfalls at health centers, which is in turn driving demand for sportswear such as leggings, etc. Availability of cost-effective fitness equipment and increasing adoption of the same in households, especially cardiovascular equipment such as cycles, walkers etc., can create an opportunity for manufacturers of leggings.
In addition, various E-commerce websites are also focusing on offering private label clothing brands to increase revenue and expand customer base. For instance, Amazon has been investing in private-label clothing brands in order to increase number of options and offer packages to attract customers and expand customer base. In addition, increasing number of joint ventures of international companies with local player as well as growing sportswear production is expected to support growth of the market over the forecast period. For instance, In April 2016, PVH Corp. acquired Tommy Hilfiger Asia Ltd., which was a joint venture for Tommy Hilfiger in China, in order to enhance its presence in Asia Pacific region.
Global Market Analysis by Material type:
On the basis of material type, the nylon segment is expected to contribute major revenue share in the global leggings market and is expected to register highest CAGR of over 6%, in terms of revenue over the forecast period. This is primarily attributed to increasing adoption by manufacturing various apparels such as leggings due to its attributes such as smoothness, lightweight, more resilient, quick dry, strength, easy to drape, and wrinkle resistance.
Global Market Analysis by End user:
Among all the end user segments, the women segment is expected to contribute major revenue share in the global leggings market and is expected to register highest CAGR of over 7.0%, in terms of revenue over the forecast period. This can be attributed to changing lifestyle, and increasing spending power over the forecast period.
Global Market Analysis by Region:
Europe market is expected to dominate the global leggings market, and is expected to account for largest revenue share as compared to that of markets in other regions. The major driving factors for growth of the leggings market in this region is growing adoption of leggings for use during sports activities owing to increasing number of participants in sports and physical activities.
In addition, increasing focus on women sportswear that can aid in improving the wearer’s performance and growing trend of athleisure for casual and formal clothing over normal wear are other factors expected to support growth of the market in Europe, and in turn is expected to drive growth of the global leggings market.
China market is expected to register highest CAGR of over 6.5% in the global leggings market over the forecast period. This is primarily attributed to increasing number of joint ventures of international companies with local players as well as growing sportswear production is expected to support growth of the market in the country over the forecast period.
Global Leggings Market Segmentation:
Global Leggings Market Segmentation by material type:
- Cotton Spandex
- Others (Polyester, Silk, Wool)
Global Leggings Market Segmentation by end user:
Global Leggings Market Segmentation by region:
- Southeast Asia
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Rest of the World
- Nike, Inc.
- adidas AG
- Under Armour, Inc.
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.
- COFRA Holding AG (COFRA GROUP)
- Li Ning Company Limited
- Xtep International Holdings Ltd.
- 361 Degrees International Limited
- GOLDWIN INC.
- ANTA Sports Products Limited
- Gymshark Ltd.
- Varley Clothing Limited
- Shosho Fashion
- Spanx, Inc.
- CSP International Fashion Group S.p.A.
- Lysse, Beauty Fashion Textile
- Jockey International, Inc.
- Dollar Industries Limited
- PVH Corp.
1.0 Chapter 1
- 1.1 Preface
- 1.2 Assumptions
- 1.3 Abbreviations
- 2.1 Report Description
- 2.1.1 Market Definition and Scope
- 2.2 Executive Summary
- 2.2.1 Market Snapshot, By Material Type
- 2.2.3 Market Snapshot, By End User
- 2.2.4 Market Snapshot, By Region/Country
- 2.2.5 Prudour Opportunity Map Analysis
- 3.0.1 Global Leggings Market Dynamics
- 3.0.2 Drivers (D)
- 3.0.3 Restraints (R)
- 3.0.4 Opportunities
- 3.0.5 Trends
- 3.0.6 DR Impact Analysis
- 3.0.7 PEST Analysis
- 3.0.8 PORTER’S Five Forces Analysis
- 3.0.9 Manufacturing Process Overview
- 4.0.1 Global Leggings Market Analysis, by Material Type
- 4.0.2 Overview
- 4.0.3 Segment Trends
- 4.0.4 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2012–2023
- 4.1 Cotton Spandex
- 4.1.1 Overview
- 4.1.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2012–2023
- 4.2 Nylon
- 4.2.1 Overview
- 4.2.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2012–2023
- 4.3 Leather
- 4.3.1 Overview
- 4.3.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2012–2023
- 4.4 Others
- 4.4.1 Overview
- 4.4.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2012–2023
- 5.0.1 Global Leggings Market Analysis, by End User
- 5.0.2 Overview
- 5.0.3 Segment Trends
- 5.0.4 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2012–2023
- 5.1 Men
- 5.1.1 Overview
- 5.1.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2012–2023
- 5.2 Women
- 5.2.1 Overview
- 5.2.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2012–2023
- 5.3 Kids
- 5.3.1 Overview
- 5.3.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2012–2023
- 6.0.1 Global Leggings Market Analysis, by Region/Country
- 6.0.4 Overview
- 6.0.5 Regional Trends
- 6.0.6 Market Attractiveness Index
- 6.0.7 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2012–2023
- 6.1 Global Leggings Market Analysis, by US
- 6.1.1 Overview
- 6.1.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2012–2023
- 6.2 Global Leggings Market Analysis, by Europe
- 6.2.1 Overview
- 6.2.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2012–2023
- 6.3 Global Leggings Market Analysis, by China
- 6.3.1 Overview
- 6.3.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2012–2023
- 6.4 Global Leggings Market Analysis, by Japan
- 6.4.1 Overview
- 6.4.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2012–2023
- 6.5 Global Leggings Market Analysis, by India
- 6.5.1 Overview
- 6.5.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2012–2023
- 6.6 Global Leggings Market Analysis, by Latin America
- 6.6.1 Overview
- 6.6.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2012–2023
- 6.7 Global Leggings Market Analysis, by Middle East & Africa
- 6.7.1 Overview
- 6.7.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2012–2023
- 6.8 Global Leggings Market Analysis, by Rest of the World
- 6.8.1 Overview
- 6.8.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2012–2023
- 7.1 Nike, Inc.
- 7.1.1 Company Overview
- 7.1.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.1.3 Financial Overview
- 7.1.4 Overall Manufacturing Locations
- 7.1.5 Contact Information
- 7.2 adidas AG
- 7.2.1 Company Overview
- 7.2.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.2.3 Financial Overview
- 7.2.4 Overall Manufacturing Locations
- 7.2.5 Contact Information
- 7.3 Under Armour, Inc.
- 7.3.1 Company Overview
- 7.3.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.3.3 Financial Overview
- 7.3.4 Overall Manufacturing Locations
- 7.3.5 Contact Information
- 7.4 American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.
- 7.4.1 Company Overview
- 7.4.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.4.3 Financial Overview
- 7.4.4 Overall Manufacturing Locations
- 7.4.5 Contact Information
- 7.5 COFRA Holding AG (COFRA GROUP)
- 7.5.1 Company Overview
- 7.5.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.5.3 Contact Information
- 7.6 Li Ning Company Limited
- 7.6.1 Company Overview
- 7.6.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.6.3 Financial Overview
- 7.6.4 Overall Manufacturing Locations
- 7.6.5 Contact Information
- 7.7 Xtep International Holdings Ltd.
- 7.7.1 Company Overview
- 7.7.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.7.3 Financial Overview
- 7.7.4 Overall Manufacturing Locations
- 7.7.5 Contact Information
- 7.8 361 Degrees International Limited
- 7.8.1 Company Overview
- 7.8.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.8.3 Financial Overview
- 7.8.4 Overall Manufacturing Locations
- 7.8.5 Contact Information
- 7.9 GOLDWIN INC.
- 7.9.1 Company Overview
- 7.9.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.9.3 Financial Overview
- 7.9.4 Overall Manufacturing Locations
- 7.9.5 Contact Information
- 7.10 ANTA Sports Products Limited
- 7.10.1 Company Overview
- 7.10.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.10.3 Financial Overview
- 7.10.4 Overall Manufacturing Locations
- 7.10.5 Contact Information
- 7.11 Gymshark Ltd.
- 7.11.1 Company Overview
- 7.11.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.11.3 Overall Manufacturing Locations
- 7.11.4 Contact Information
- 7.12 Varley Clothing Limited
- 7.12.1 Company Overview
- 7.12.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.12.3 Overall Manufacturing Locations
- 7.12.4 Contact Information
- 7.13 Shosho Fashion
- 7.13.1 Company Overview
- 7.13.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.13.3 Overall Manufacturing Locations
- 7.13.4 Contact Information
- 7.14 Spanx, Inc.
- 7.14.1 Company Overview
- 7.14.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.14.3 Overall Manufacturing Locations
- 7.14.4 Contact Information
- 7.15 CSP International Fashion Group S.p.A.
- 7.15.1 Company Overview
- 7.15.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.15.3 Overall Manufacturing Locations
- 7.15.4 Contact Information
- 7.16 Lysse
- 7.16.1 Company Overview
- 7.16.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.16.3 Overall Manufacturing Locations
- 7.16.4 Contact Information
- 7.17 Beauty Fashion Textile
- 7.17.1 Company Overview
- 7.17.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.17.3 Overall Manufacturing Locations
- 7.17.4 Contact Information
- 7.18 Jockey International, Inc.
- 7.18.1 Company Overview
- 7.18.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.18.3 Overall Manufacturing Locations
- 7.18.4 Contact Information
- 7.19 Dollar Industries Limited
- 7.19.1 Company Overview
- 7.19.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.19.3 Financial Overview
- 7.19.4 Overall Manufacturing Locations
- 7.19.5 Contact Information
- 7.20 PVH Corp.
- 7.20.1 Company Overview
- 7.20.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.20.3 Financial Overview
- 7.20.4 Key Development
- 7.20.5 Overall Manufacturing Locations
- 7.20.6 Contact Information
- 8.0.1 Research Methodology
- 8.0.2 About Us
Why Choose Us
- 360 Degree Approach
- Growth Consulting
- 24/7 Research Support
- Comprehensive-Level of Customization
- Comprehensive-Level of Customization
- Competitive Intelligence
- Single-Country/ Region Intelligence
- Post-Sale Service Assistance
- Access to Lead Analysts
- Available in PDF, Excel, Word/ PPT
Secondary Research: An exhaustive secondary research is carried through both paid and free sources. It involves understanding critical data related to the market. Sources for secondary research include: Government websites Industry Associations Trade & Research Journals Company websites (annual reports, press releases, product brochures, etc. Import-Export Data Factiva, Morningstar, etc. Primary Research: Extensive interviews are held with key market participants through email interactions, online surveys, paid telephonic interviews, face-to-face interviews, etc., to gain a perspective on the market conditions, trends, developments, challenges, etc. Sources for primary research include: CXOs, Global Heads, VPs, Sales/ Purchase/ Product Managers of Key Market Players Distributors, Wholesalers, Retailers, Vendors of Products and Services End-Users belonging to each application industry
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) and Industry Experts: are credible, well-respected influencers in each industry with proven expertise and thought-leadership in the particular field, with a sound knowledge of the industry. We validate our initial research findings with these experts and try to understand their aspect to gain a deeper understanding of the current market trends, competitive landscape, market scope, disruptive technologies, etc. This helps us validate and strengthen our research findings, enhance the team’s expertise, and offer a clear understanding of the target market. All possible factors that influence the market are taken into consideration, such as: Capacity and Production Average Selling Price Total Customer Base Regulatory and Policy Changes Economic factors – Population, GDP, GDP Growth Rate, Inflation, Investments, etc
Triangulation and Analysis: Post collection of the data from all sources and validation from industry experts, we triangulate the market with both a top-down and bottom-up approaches to eliminate any margin for errors. These methods aid us in estimating the market size, market share of manufacturers, regions segments, product segments and applications (end users). In-house Data Modeling Tool: our proprietary data modeling tool is designed to apply a combination of methods to provide accurate market size with the historical and forecasted data and growth rates. The percentage splits, Market Share (%), and breakdowns of the product segments are derived based on weightage assigned to each of the segments based on their utilization rate and average sale price. The regional splits of the overall target market and its sub-segments are based on the given product's percentage adoption or penetration rate in the respective region or country.
Final Presentation: After the triangulation and analysis, we derive the market engineering data with the breakdown for all product segments, applications, and regions. The final report, along with the market dynamics, key USPs of the market are presented in a graphical and tabular format to provide a clear understanding to the client and provide a quick snapshot regarding the market, with the additional data to support the market estimations. .
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!