Lead Frame Market By Type (Single layer lead frame, Dual layer lead frame, Multi-layer lead frame) By Application (Consumer electronics equipment, Commercial electronics equipment, Industrial electronics equipment) and Region - Global Forecast to 2026
4 May 2018
The global lead frame market is estimated to value US$ 2.5 Bn in 2017 and is projected to register a CAGR of 3.7% in terms of value during the forecast period 2017–2026. The report offers in-depth insights, revenue details, and other vital information regarding the global lead frame market, and the various trends, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the target market till 2026. The report includes PEST analysis, Porter’s Five Forces analysis, and opportunity map analysis for in-depth understanding of the market. The report offers insightful and detailed information regarding the various key players operating in the global lead frame market, their financials, technological innovations, key developments, apart from future strategies, SWOT analysis, acquisitions & mergers, and market footprint. The global lead frame market is segmented on the basis of product type, application, and region.
Lead frame is a metal frame which is considered the foundation of semiconductor packaging that supports an integrated circuit die or chip. It consists of bonding material made of aluminum or copper. Lead frame helps in easy circuit connection of the IC chip to other electrical contacts or components. Main functions of lead frame include connection of circuit, dissipation of heat, and provides mechanical support. Manufacturing process of lead frame comprises of photo etching, stamping and others. Selection of the manufacturing process is completely dependent on the volume of lead frame that need to be produced. Photo etching is mainly used for low and medium volume range while stamping is in production of high volume content.
Global Lead Frame Market Dynamics:
Increasing demand for semiconductor and integrated circuit (IC) packaging is a major factor driving growth of the global lead frame market. Lead frames are primarily used in semiconductor packages. Majority of integrated circuit packaging is produced by placing the silicon chip on a lead frame, then wire bonding the chip to metal leads of that lead frame, after which the chip is coated with plastic. This technique is simple and enables low-cost packaging for many applications. Many types of packages are based on lead frames such as QFN, QFP, LQFP, TQFP, PLCC, SOIC, and TSOP. Quad-flat no-leads (QFN) serves as an alternative to costlier laminate-based chip scale packages, fine-pitch ball grid array (FBGA), flex ball grid array (FxBGA), and micro BGA in portable applications such as cellular handsets and personal digital assistants (PDAs). In addition, they provide excellent thermal performance through the exposed lead frame pad, which enables a direct thermal path for removing heat from a package. This thermal enhancing feature can be further taken advantage of when package lead frame pad is soldered to a board.
Report Coverage and Deliverables
Other factors driving growth of the global market is the growing light-emitting diode (LED) industry which has various end-user applications. LEDs are used in various applications such as automotive lighting, general lighting, and many more. Increasing usage of high-power LEDs globally is fueling demand for surface-mount device light-emitting diode module. Furthermore, rising use of lead frame in healthcare and industrial automation applications is further supporting growth of the global market over the forecast period.
For size reduction and better performance, telecommunication OEMs are developing processors with memory in various chip packages with mixed ICs to provide a multiple memory solution. Lead frame products remain the dominant IC package format currently.
However, lethargic growth of the automotive sector is a factor which is expected to hamper growth of the global lead frame market in the near future.
Analysis by Product Type:
Among all type segments, the dual layer lead frame segment in the global lead frame market is expected to register highest share in the target market and is expected to register CAGR of over 3% over the forecast period, owing to its cost-effectives as compared to other type segments.
Analysis by Application:
Among all the application segments, the consumer electronics equipment segment is projected to register highest CAGR of over 3% and is expected to continue its dominance over the forecast period, owing to increasing penetration of smartphones across the globe and rising spending power of individuals especially in the developed economies.
Analysis by Region:
The market in China is expected to account for highest share in terms of revenue in the global lead frame market, expanding at a CAGR over 3% from 2017 to 2026. Increasing adoption of miniature microchips in various end-use industries, primarily in electronic circuits of finished products, coupled with presence of prominent international lead frame manufacturers in the country are major factors driving growth of the China lead frame market. Moreover, presence of large number of consumer electronic manufacturing units in the country is another factor driving growth of the global market.
The market in Southeast Asia is expected to account for second-highest share in the target market over the forecast period, owing to increasing spending power coupled with growing demand for consumer electronic products are other factors expected to boost demand for lead frames, which in turn is driving market growth over the forecast period. Moreover, increasing adoption of lead frames in various industries, especially in automotive and healthcare, coupled with rising demand for cost-effective and advanced microchip-based lead frames is another factor expected to boost growth of the Southeast Asia market over the forecast period. In March 2018, the Singapore Semiconductor Industry Association (SSIA) launched Singapore’s first Complex Equipment Consortium (CEC) to enhance collaborations and develop technical capabilities to expand the electronics and semiconductor industry.
The market in North America is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period in the global lead frame market. This can be attributed to the increasing penetration of mobile phones and tablets especially among the younger generation, rising consumer base of consumer electronics, and significant growth of the LED industry especially in the US and Canada. Increasing adoption of advanced technologies, especially in healthcare and consumer electronic industries, coupled with rising demand for electronic products that are microchip-based, and can perform tasks quickly and seamlessly are major factors driving growth of the North America lead frame market. Furthermore, increasing number of domestic manufacturers, distributors and suppliers coupled with faster adoption of latest technology in the region is another factor expected to propel growth of the global lead frame market in North America.
Global lead frame market segmentation:
Segmentation by lead frame market type:
- Single layer lead frame
- Dual layer lead frame
- Multi-layer lead frame
Segmentation by lead frame market application:
- Consumer electronics equipment
- Commercial electronics equipment
- Industrial electronics equipment
Segmentation by lead frame market region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Precision Micro Ltd.
- Sumitomo Corporation, Hitachi, Ltd.
- ENOMOTO Co., Ltd.
- STATS ChipPAC Pte. Ltd.
- Mitsui High-tec, Inc.
- Shinko Electric Industries Co., Ltd.
- Amkor Technology Inc.
- Stork Veco B.V.
- Ningbo Hualong Electronics Co., Ltd.
1 Chapter 1
- 1.1 Preface
- 1.2 Assumptions
- 1.3 Abbreviations
- 2.1 Report Description
- 2.1.1 Market Definition and Scope
- 2.2 Executive Summary
- 2.2.1 Market Snapshot, By Type
- 2.2.2 Market Snapshot, By Application
- 2.2.3 Market Snapshot, By Country/Region
- 2.2.4 Prudour Opportunity Map Analysis
- 3.0.1 Global Lead Frame Market Dynamics
- 3.0.2 Drivers
- 3.0.3 Restraints
- 3.0.4 Opportunities
- 3.0.5 Trends
- 3.0.6 Driver and Restraints Impact Analysis
- 3.0.7 PEST Analysis
- 3.0.8 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- 3.0.9 Manufacturing Cost Structure Analysis
- 3.0.10 Lead Frame Manufacturing Process Analysis
- 3.0.11 Global Lead Frames Average Selling Price Analysis, 2016–2026
- 3.1.0 Import–Export Overview, by Region/Country
- 3.1.1 Global Lead Frame Import–Export Overview
- 3.1.2 North America Lead Frame Import–Export Overview
- 3.1.3 Europe Lead Frame Import–Export Overview
- 3.1.4 China Lead Frame Import–Export Overview
- 3.1.5 Japan Lead Frame Import–Export Overview
- 3.1.6 Southeast Asia Lead Frame Import–Export Overview
- 3.1.7 India Lead Frame Import–Export Overview
- 4.0.1 Global Lead Frame Market Analysis, by Type
- 4.0.2 Overview
- 4.0.3 Segment Trends
- 4.0.4 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.0.5 Market Volume and Forecast, 2016–2026, (Mn Units)
- 4.1 Single Layer Lead Frame
- 4.1.1 Overview
- 4.1.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.2 Dual Layer Lead Frame
- 4.2.1 Overview
- 4.2.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.0.1 Global Lead Frame Market Analysis, by Application
- 5.0.2 Overview
- 5.0.3 Segment Trends
- 5.0.4 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.1 Consumer Electronics Equipment
- 5.1.1 Overview
- 5.1.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.2 Commercial Electronics Equipment
- 5.2.1 Overview
- 5.2.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.3 Industrial Electronics Equipment
- 5.3.1 Overview
- 5.3.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.4 Others
- 5.4.1 Overview
- 5.4.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.0.1 Global Lead Frame Market Analysis, by Country/Region
- 6.0.2 Overview
- 6.0.3 Market Attractiveness Index
- 6.0.4 Regional/Country Trends
- 6.0.5 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.0.6 Market Volume and Forecast, 2016–2026, (Mn Units)
- 6.1 North America
- 6.1.1 Overview
- 6.1.2 Country Trends
- 6.1.3 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.2 Europe
- 6.2.1 Overview
- 6.2.2 Country Trends
- 6.2.3 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.3 China
- 6.3.1 Overview
- 6.3.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.3.3 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.4 Japan
- 6.4.1 Overview
- 6.4.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.4.3 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.5 Southeast Asia
- 6.5.1 Overview
- 6.5.2 Country Trends
- 6.5.3 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.6 India
- 6.6.1 Overview
- 6.6.2 Country Trends
- 6.6.3 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 7.0.0 Competitive Landscape
- 7.0.1 Production Capacity of Key Manufacturers, 2016
- 7.0.2 Price Comparison of Lead Frames, by Manufacturers
- 7.0.3 Manufacturing Bases/Factories
- 7.0.4 Major Buyers of Lead Frames
- 7.0.5 Key Suppliers of Raw Materials
- 7.0.6 Other Lead Frame Raw Material Suppliers, Lead Frame Suppliers, and Buyers
- 8.1 Vendor Landscape
- 9.0.1 Company Profiles
- 9.1 Precision Micro Ltd.
- 9.1.1 Company Overview
- 9.1.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.1.3 Key Developments
- 9.2 Sumitomo Corporation
- 9.2.1 Company Overview
- 9.2.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.2.3 Financial Overview
- 9.2.4 Key Developments
- 9.3 Hitachi, Ltd.
- 9.3.1 Company Overview
- 9.3.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.3.3 Financial Overview
- 9.3.4 Key Developments
- 9.4 ENOMOTO Co., Ltd.
- 9.4.1 Company Overview
- 9.4.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.5 STATS ChipPAC Pte. Ltd.
- 9.5.1 Company Overview
- 9.5.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.5.3 Financial Overview
- 9.6 Mitsui High-tec, Inc.
- 9.6.1 Company Overview
- 9.6.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.6.3 Financial Overview
- 9.7 Shinko Electric Industries Co., Ltd.
- 9.7.1 Company Overview
- 9.7.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.7.3 Financial Overview
- 9.7.4 Key Developments
- 9.8 Amkor Technology Inc.
- 9.8.1 Company Overview
- 9.8.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.8.3 Financial Overview
- 9.8.4 Key Developments
- 9.9 Stork Veco B.V.
- 9.9.1 Company Overview
- 9.9.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.9.3 Key Developments
- 9.10. Ningbo Hualong Electronics Co., Ltd.
- 9.10.1 Company Overview
- 9.10.2 Product Portfolio
- 10.0.1 Research Methodology
- 10.0.2 About Us
Why Choose Us
- 360 Degree Approach
- Growth Consulting
- 24/7 Research Support
- Comprehensive-Level of Customization
- Comprehensive-Level of Customization
- Competitive Intelligence
- Single-Country/ Region Intelligence
- Post-Sale Service Assistance
- Access to Lead Analysts
- Available in PDF, Excel, Word/ PPT
Request for Customization
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!