Electrosurgical Devices Market By Product Type (Electrosurgery Generators, Electrosurgery Instruments, Electrosurgery Accessories, And Others), By Application (General Surgery, Gynecology, Cardiology, And Others) And By Region - Global Forecast To 2029
30th October 2019
- find_in_page Our Research Methodology is based on the following main points:
- Data Collections and Interpretation
- Data Validation
- Final Projections and Conclusion
“Global Electrosurgical Devices Market” is a published report at MarketResearch.biz. The global electrosurgical devices market is expected to be valued at approximately US$ 5.5 Bn in 2020. The global electrosurgical devices market report has been segmented on the basis of product type, technique type, application, end-user, and region.
Electrosurgery is used in a variety of medical disciplines such as dermatology, cardiology, plastic surgery, gynecology, ophthalmology, neurology, ENT, orthopedic, urology, and general surgical procedures as well as specific dental procedures. Unmet needs for minimally invasive surgeries provide a broad scope for electrosurgery in surgical procedures such as cutting, coagulation, devitalization, and thermos fusion. Increasing preference for electro surgery over conventional surgical techniques can primarily be attributed to factors such as low risk, faster recovery time, minimal chances of infection, and ease of usage. It has been in use for decades and poses some challenges, including causing thermal injuries to non-targeted tissues, electric shock, burns, transmission of infection, and production of toxic gases etc.. This can occur due to break or defect in the insulation of the instrument’s coat. There is also possible risk of temporary or permanent nerve damage and scarring associated with the use of electrosurgical devices. Possibility or potential of adverse effects of electrosurgical devices are resulting in innovation and development of alternatives such as ultrasonic energy, laser treatments, and manual surgeries.
The global electrosurgical devices market growth is driven by high demand for minimally invasive procedures, growing preference for cosmetic surgery procedures, constant technological advancements in this field, increasing number of patients suffering from obesity, and growing aging population. However, risks associated with electrosurgery, product recalls, healthcare reforms, especially in the US, increasing preference for non-invasive procedures in developing countries, and pricing pressure on medical device manufacturers are some factors expected to hamper growth of the global electrosurgical devices market. Increasing adoption for electrosurgical devices in hospitals and specialty clinics across the globe is the ongoing trend observed in the target market. This is due to growing demand for minimally invasive surgeries, increasing prevalence of various diseases, and faster healing time offered by electrosurgery procedures is also a factor projected to drive market growth over the next 10 years.
The electrosurgical devices or instruments are used in various therapeutic areas, including dermatology, plastic surgery, gynecology, ophthalmology, urology, otolaryngology, dental, etc. and is a major factor expected to drive demand of electrosurgical devices globally. Increasing acceptance of electrosurgical devices due to advancements such as reduction of collateral damage to tissues, minimize possibilities of tissues sticking to each other, and eschar (dead tissues) formation are some major factors resulting in increasing adoption of these devices. Growing demand for cosmetic surgeries and increasing applications of electrosurgical devices in minimally invasive cosmetic surgeries are among some other major factors driving growth of the global electrosurgical devices market. Prevalence of dental disorders, growing demand for dental procedures, and rapidly growing medical tourism industry, especially in developing countries, are some other factors fueling growth of the target market.
Increasing government initiatives and guidelines in order to facilitate advanced and cost-effective healthcare services, along with ongoing technological advancements in medical devices and equipment is projected to propel growth of the global electrosurgical devices market. Availability of favorable reimbursement policies across various countries in developed regions such as the US, Canada, the UK, and certain developing countries in Asia Pacific is fueling market growth. Growing incidence of heart attacks and other cardiovascular diseases, especially among the aging population is a factor driving the market growth. Changing lifestyles, unhealthy eating habits, hectic work schedules, and physical inactivity are resulting in increasing prevalence of chronic diseases such as atherosclerosis, cardiovascular, neurovascular, and peripheral vascular diseases, and are additional factors estimated to drive market growth.
Global Electrosurgical Devices Market Segment Analysis:
By Product Type:
Among product type segments, the electro surgery generators segment is projected to account for major revenue share in the target market. The electro surgery instruments segment is projected to register highest CAGR of over 5.7% over the forecast period.
By Technique Type:
Among technique type segments, the bipolar electro surgery segment is projected to account for major revenue share, and is projected to register highest CAGR of over 6% over the forecast period.
Global Electrosurgical Devices Market Regional Analysis:
North America market is estimated to contribute highest revenue share in global electrosurgical devices market and is expected to gain 8 BPS points by the end of 2029. The Asia Pacific market is projected to register highest growth rate of over 6.5% over the next 10 years.
Global Electrosurgical Devices Market Segmentation:
By Product Type:
- Electro surgery Generators
- Electro surgery Instruments
- Electro surgery Accessories
- Argon and Smoke Management Systems
By Technique Type:
- Monopolar Electro surgery
- Bipolar Electro surgery
- General Surgery
- Esophageal Surgery
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Stomach Surgery
- Vaginal and operative hysteroscopic procedures
- Uterus Surgery
- Ovarian Cyst Removal Surgery
- Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery
- Heart valve repair or replacement.
- Heart transplant
- Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy
- Stent Procedure in heart
- Renal surgery
- Urethra surgery
- Ureteral stent placement
- Dermatology & Cosmetology
- Skin biopsy
- Cosmetic/Plastic surgery
- Laparoscopic myomectomy
- Biliary Tract Laparoscopy
- Other Applications
- Dental Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Olympus Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson (Megadyne Medical Products, Inc.)
- Medtronic plc
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Smith & Nephew plc
- Utah Medical Products, Inc.
- Braun Melsungen AG
- CONMED Corp.
- Apyx Medical Corp.
- Karl Leibinger GmbH & Co. KG
- BOWA-electronic GmbH & Co. KG
- ERBE Elektromedizin GmbH
- Symmetry Surgical Inc.
- Chapter 1 Global Electrosurgical Devices Market
- 1.1 Introduction:
- 1.2 Segmentation for Global Electrosurgical Devices Market, based on Product Type, Technique Type, Application, End-User, and Region
- 1.3 Drivers for Global Electrosurgical Devices Market:
- 1.4 Restraints for Global Electrosurgical Devices Market:
- 1.5 Opportunities for Global Electrosurgical Devices Market:
- 1.6 Trends for Global Electrosurgical Devices Market:
- 1.7 PEST Analysis
- 1.8 PORTER’s Five Forces Analysis
- 1.9 Macro-Economic Factors
- 1.10 Market Investment Feasibility Analysis
- 1.11 Supply Chain Analysis
- 1.12 Opportunity Orbits
- 1.13 Regional Market Share and BPS Analysis in Global Electrosurgical Devices Market
- 1.14 Go to Market Strategy – Market Maturity
- 1.15 Opportunity Map Analysi
- Chapter 1 Global Electrosurgical Devices Market
Request for Customization
- Which are the leading five key players in the global electrosurgical devices market?Hertz Corporation, Harley-Davidson, Inc., Adriatic Moto Tours, Wheelstreet, and MotoQuest are the leading five key players in the global motorcycle rental market
- Which are the leading five key players in the global electrosurgical devices market?Olympus Corporation, Johnson & Johnson (Megadyne Medical Products, Inc.), Medtronic plc, Boston Scientific Corporation, and Smith & Nephew PLC are the leading five key players in the global electrosurgical devices market.
- Revenue from the electro surgery generators segment in projected to expand at what rate over the forecast period in the global electrosurgical devices market?Revenue from the electro surgery generators segment in the global electrosurgical devices market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 6% over the forecast period
- What is the projected revenue share difference between monopolar electro surgery and bipolar electro surgery segments in the North America market in 2029?The projected revenue share difference between monopolar electro surgery and bipolar electro surgery segments in the North America market in 2029 is US$ 732 Mn.
- Which regional market in the global electrosurgical devices market is projected to account for highest revenue share in 2022?North America market is projected to account for highest revenue share of US$ 2,269.5 Mn in 2022.
- How much revenue share is the electro surgery instruments segment projected to account for in the global electrosurgical devices market in 2026?In 2026, electro surgery instruments segment is projected to account for revenue share of US$ 2,253.9 Mn
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!