5G Infrastructure Market By Type (Communication Infrastructure, Network Technology, Chipset) By Application (Telecom Service Providers, Automotive &Transportation, Energy & Utilities, Healthcare) and Region - Global Forecast 2026
16th January 2019
The global 5G infrastructure market is estimated to value at nearly US$ 0.8 Bn in 2019, and is expected to register a CAGR of 48.8%. The global 5G infrastructure market report has been segmented on the basis of product type, application, and region/country.
Global 5G Infrastructure Market: Introduction
5G infrastructure is an ultra-broadband network that is being made with a vision to support the Future Internet and extremely high bandwidth on global level.
Global 5G Infrastructure Market: Dynamics
A major factor driving growth of the global 5G infrastructure market over the forecast period is growing demand for high speed Internet and mass network coverage. Advent of 5G is expected to bring along new generation technologies that improve capabilities of mobile networks and support flexibility of approach. These include a new generation air-interface based on a new waveform, codec, multiple access technology, and large-scale antenna arrays, as well as fully cloud-based network architecture leveraging software defined network (SDN) and network functions virtualization (NFV). Different network slices can be combined and encapsulated on the network using a unified underlying physical infrastructure.
Report Coverage and Deliverables
In addition, 5G networks have greater capacity to support growth in emerging digital applications such as smart cities, autonomous vehicles, and Internet of Things (IoT). 5G also supports a wide range of applications that enable massive Machine Type Communications (mMTC), enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB), and importunately Ultra-Reliable and Low Latency Communication (URLLC). 5G networks play an important role in a wide range of applications used for advanced manufacturing, intelligent retail, and connected healthcare among many other applications.
Increasing number of government initiatives focused on driving adoption of advanced networks for better digital connectivity is expected to drive revenue growth of the global 5G infrastructure market over the forecast period.
However, 4G can be delivered through comparatively lesser number of tall towers; whereas 5G wireless service relies on many small receivers placed fairly close together. Hence, investments in 5G infrastructure is expected to be double as compared to setting up of legacy networks as operators strive to meet demand for increased capacity and deploy 5G, thus resulting in earning lower profits than expected.
Growing awareness regarding the novelty and benefits of smart homes among individuals from the upper income segment in urban areas owing to increasing disposable income and changing living standards is expected to create opportunities for 5G infrastructure providers in developing countries. Increasing government initiatives towards development of smart cities in developing countries is expected to create lucrative opportunities for service providers operating in such countries.
5G deployments are envisioned as a complex incorporation of next-generation technological enhancements to telecommunication networks, which will help 5G become a key component for next-generation IoT-based services. Increasing use of Internet and rising adoption of IoT-based hardware and software components in manufacturing units across various sectors such as healthcare, automotive, oil & gas etc., for monitoring and other purposes is expected to create significant revenue opportunities.
Global 5G Infrastructure Market Analysis, by Product Type
On the basis of product type, the network technology segment is expected to contribute major revenue share in the global 5G infrastructure market and is projected to register highest CAGR of over 44% in terms of revenue over the forecast period.
Global 5G Infrastructure Market Analysis, by Application
Among the application segments, the telecom service providers segment is expected to contribute major revenue share in the global 5G infrastructure market, and is expected to register highest CAGR of over 43% in terms of revenue over the forecast period.
Market Analysis by Region/Country:
The market in China is expected to account for major revenue share in the global 5G infrastructure market owing to increasing investments from public and private companies for development and implementation of new technologies in the country.
North America 5G infrastructure market is projected to grow at a significant rate over the forecast period, owing to increasing demand for 5G technology in the region due to its smart features such as high speed, high capacity, reduced latency, high resolution and larger bandwidth.
The 5G infrastructure market growth in India is projected to increase at a significant rate over the forecast period, owing to increasing number of Internet subscribers in the country owing to rapid urbanization and increasing penetration of smartphones and tablets.
The Europe 5G infrastructure market is expected to account for third-highest revenue share in the global market, followed by Rest of the World. Moreover, the 5G infrastructure market in Japan is projected to grow significant rate over the forecast period, owing to inclination of key players towards technologically advanced solutions to support business enterprises.
The market in Rest of the World is expected to account for comparatively higher revenue share in the next 10 years, owing to increasing demand for high speed networks, coupled with growing investments from private and public sectors in countries such as South Korea.
Market Segmentation of Global 5G Infrastructure Market:
Segmentation by product type:
- Communication Infrastructure
- Network Technology
Segmentation by application:
- Telecom Service Providers
- Automotive &Transportation
- Energy & Utilities
- Industrial Automation
- Financial Services
- Consumer Electronics
Segmentation by region/country:
- North America
- Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of the World
- Intel Corporation
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
- ABB Ltd.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- com Inc. (Amazon Robotics LLC.)
- Honda Motor Co., Inc.
- Yaskawa Electric Corporation
- OMRON Corporation (Adept Technology, Inc.)
- Lely Holding S.à r.l.
- NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORPORATION
- Asustek Computer Inc.
- Nokia Corporation
- Google Inc.
- 1.0 Chapter 1
- 1.1 Preface
- 1.2 Assumptions
- 1.3 Abbreviations
- 2.0 Chapter 2
- 2.1 Report Description
- 2.1.1 Market Definition and Scope
- 2.2 Executive Summary
- 2.2.1 Market Snapshot, By Product Type
- 2.2.2 Market Snapshot, By Application
- 2.2.3 Market Snapshot, By Region/Country
- 2.2.4 Prudour Opportunity Map Analysis
- 2.1 Report Description
- 3.0 Chapter 3
- 3.0.1 Global 5G Infrastructure Market Dynamics
- 3.0.2 Drivers (D)
- 3.0.3 Restraints (R)
- 3.0.4 Opportunities
- 3.0.5 Trends
- 3.0.6 DR Impact Analysis
- 3.0.7 Comparing 4G and 5G
- 3.0.8 Physical Infrastructure
- 3.0.9 Direct GDP Contribution of Mobile Ecosystem [(US$ Bn), (% 2015 GDP)]
- 4.0 Chapter 4
- 4.0.1 Global 5G Infrastructure Market Analysis, by Product Type
- 4.0.2 Overview
- 4.0.3 Segment Trends
- 4.0.4 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 4.1 Communication Infrastructure
- 4.1.1 Overview
- 4.1.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 4.2 Network Technology
- 4.2.1 Overview
- 4.2.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 4.3 Chipset
- 4.3.1 Overview
- 4.3.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 5.0 Chapter 5
- 5.0.1 Global 5G Infrastructure Market Analysis, by Application
- 5.0.2 Overview
- 5.0.3 Segment Trends
- 5.0.4 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 5.1 Telecom Service Providers
- 5.1.1 Overview
- 5.1.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 5.2 Automotive & Transportation
- 5.2.1 Overview
- 5.2.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 5.3 Energy & Utilities
- 5.3.1 Overview
- 5.3.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 5.4 Healthcare
- 5.4.1 Overview
- 5.4.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 5.5 Industrial Automation
- 5.5.1 Overview
- 5.5.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 5.6 Agriculture
- 5.6.1 Overview
- 5.6.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 5.7 Financial Services
- 5.7.1 Overview
- 5.7.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 5.8 Consumer Electronics
- 5.8.1 Overview
- 5.8.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 5.9 Others
- 5.9.1 Overview
- 5.9.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 6.0 Chapter 6
- 6.0.1 Global 5G Infrastructure Market Analysis, by Region /Country
- 6.0.2 Market Attractiveness Index
- 6.0.3 Overview
- 6.0.4 Region /Country Trends
- 6.0.5 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 6.1 Global 5G Infrastructure Market Analysis, by North America
- 6.1.1 Overview
- 6.1.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 6.2 Global 5G Infrastructure Market Analysis, by Europe
- 6.2.1 Overview
- 6.2.2 Country Trends
- 6.2.3 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 6.2.4 UK
- 220.127.116.11 Overview
- 18.104.22.168 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 6.3 Global 5G Infrastructure Market Analysis, by China
- 6.3.1 Overview
- 6.3.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 6.4 Global 5G Infrastructure Market Analysis, by Japan
- 6.4.1 Overview
- 6.4.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 6.5 Global 5G Infrastructure Market Analysis, by Middle East & Africa
- 6.5.1 Overview
- 6.5.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 6.6 Global 5G Infrastructure Market Analysis, by India
- 6.6.1 Overview
- 6.6.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 6.7 Global 5G Infrastructure Market Analysis, by South America
- 6.7.1 Overview
- 6.7.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 6.8 Global 5G Infrastructure Market Analysis, by Rest of the World
- 6.8.1 Overview
- 6.8.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 7.0 Chapter 7
- 7.0.1 Company Share Analysis, 2017
- 7.0.2 Company Profiles
- 7.1 Intel Corporation
- 7.1.1 Company Overview
- 7.1.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.1.3 Financial Overview
- 7.1.4 Recent Developments
- 7.1.5 Contact Information
- 7.2 Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
- 7.2.1 Company Overview
- 7.2.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.2.3 Financial Overview
- 7.2.4 Recent Developments
- 7.2.5 Contact Information
- 7.3 ABB Ltd.
- 7.3.1 Company Overview
- 7.3.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.3.3 Financial Overview
- 7.3.4 Recent Developments
- 7.3.5 Contact Information
- 7.4 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- 7.4.1 Company Overview
- 7.4.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.4.3 Financial Overview
- 7.4.4 Recent Developments
- 7.4.5 Contact Information
- 7.5 Amazon.com Inc. (Amazon Robotics LLC.)
- 7.5.1 Company Overview
- 7.5.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.5.3 Financial Overview
- 7.5.4 Contact Information
- 7.6 Honda Motor Co., Inc.
- 7.6.1 Company Overview
- 7.6.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.6.3 Financial Overview
- 7.6.4 Recent Developments
- 7.6.5 Contact Information
- 7.7 Yaskawa Electric Corporation
- 7.7.1 Company Overview
- 7.7.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.7.3 Financial Overview
- 7.7.4 Contact Information
- 7.8 OMRON Corporation (Adept Technology, Inc.)
- 7.8.1 Company Overview
- 7.8.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.8.3 Financial Overview
- 7.8.4 Contact Information
- 7.9 Lely Holding S.à r.l.
- 7.9.1 Company Overview
- 7.9.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.9.3 Contact Information
- 7.10 NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORPORATION
- 7.10.1 Company Overview
- 7.10.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.10.3 Financial Overview
- 7.10.4 Contact Information
- 7.11 Asustek Computer Inc.
- 7.11.1 Company Overview
- 7.11.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.11.3 Financial Overview
- 7.11.4 Contact Information
- 7.12 Nokia Corporation
- 7.12.1 Company Overview
- 7.12.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.12.3 Financial Overview
- 7.12.4 Recent Developments
- 7.12.5 Contact Information
- 7.13 Google Inc.
- 7.13.1 Company Overview
- 7.13.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.13.3 Contact Information
- 8.0 Chapter 8
- 8.0.1 Research Methodology
- 8.0.2 About Us
- 1.0 Chapter 1
Why Choose Us
- 360 Degree Approach
- Growth Consulting
- 24/7 Research Support
- Comprehensive-Level of Customization
- Comprehensive-Level of Customization
- Competitive Intelligence
- Single-Country/ Region Intelligence
- Post-Sale Service Assistance
- Access to Lead Analysts
- Available in PDF, Excel, Word/ PPT
Secondary Research: An exhaustive secondary research is carried through both paid and free sources. It involves understanding critical data related to the market. Sources for secondary research include: Government websites Industry Associations Trade & Research Journals Company websites (annual reports, press releases, product brochures, etc. Import-Export Data Factiva, Morningstar, etc. Primary Research: Extensive interviews are held with key market participants through email interactions, online surveys, paid telephonic interviews, face-to-face interviews, etc., to gain a perspective on the market conditions, trends, developments, challenges, etc. Sources for primary research include: CXOs, Global Heads, VPs, Sales/ Purchase/ Product Managers of Key Market Players Distributors, Wholesalers, Retailers, Vendors of Products and Services End-Users belonging to each application industry
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) and Industry Experts: are credible, well-respected influencers in each industry with proven expertise and thought-leadership in the particular field, with a sound knowledge of the industry. We validate our initial research findings with these experts and try to understand their aspect to gain a deeper understanding of the current market trends, competitive landscape, market scope, disruptive technologies, etc. This helps us validate and strengthen our research findings, enhance the team’s expertise, and offer a clear understanding of the target market. All possible factors that influence the market are taken into consideration, such as: Capacity and Production Average Selling Price Total Customer Base Regulatory and Policy Changes Economic factors – Population, GDP, GDP Growth Rate, Inflation, Investments, etc
Triangulation and Analysis: Post collection of the data from all sources and validation from industry experts, we triangulate the market with both a top-down and bottom-up approaches to eliminate any margin for errors. These methods aid us in estimating the market size, market share of manufacturers, regions segments, product segments and applications (end users). In-house Data Modeling Tool: our proprietary data modeling tool is designed to apply a combination of methods to provide accurate market size with the historical and forecasted data and growth rates. The percentage splits, Market Share (%), and breakdowns of the product segments are derived based on weightage assigned to each of the segments based on their utilization rate and average sale price. The regional splits of the overall target market and its sub-segments are based on the given product's percentage adoption or penetration rate in the respective region or country.
Final Presentation: After the triangulation and analysis, we derive the market engineering data with the breakdown for all product segments, applications, and regions. The final report, along with the market dynamics, key USPs of the market are presented in a graphical and tabular format to provide a clear understanding to the client and provide a quick snapshot regarding the market, with the additional data to support the market estimations. .
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!