X-ray Fluorescence Market By Product Type (Handheld, Desktop) By Application (Cement, Mining & metals, Petroleum, Chemicals, Environmental, Food & pharmaceutical) and Region - Global Forecast to 2026
22nd June 2018
Global X-Ray Fluorescence Market Report Overview:
“The global X-ray fluorescence (XRF) Market size is expected to be worth around US$ xx Billion by 2021 from US$ X.xx million in 2031, growing at a CAGR of X.x% during the forecast period 2021 to 2031.”
The report also offers insightful and detailed information regarding the various key players operating in the global X-ray fluorescence (XRF) market, and their financials, apart from strategies, acquisitions & mergers, and market footprint. The global X-ray fluorescence (XRF) market is segmented on the basis of product type, application, and region.
This report is based on synthesis, analysis, and interpretation of information gathered regarding the target market from various sources. Our analysts have analysed the information and data and gained insights using a mix of primary and secondary research efforts with the primary objective to provide a holistic view of the market.
In addition, an in-house study has been made of the global economic conditions and other economic indicators and factors to assess their respective impact on the market historically and the current impact to make informed forecasts about the scenarios in the future.
XRF (X-ray fluorescence) is an analytical technique used to determine the elemental composition of materials. XRF analyzers determines the chemistry of a sample by measuring the fluorescent X-ray that is emitted from a sample when it is excited by a primary X-ray source.
XRF allows irregularly shaped samples that fit into the spectrometer to be analyzed without the need for destructive sample preparation such as crushing, grinding, and cutting. In addition, samples analyzed using XRF can be later analyzed using other techniques, as no destruction occurs to the sample.
Global X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) Market Dynamics:
Benefits related to X-ray fluorescence technique such as non-destructive rapid multi-element analysis, easy sample preparations, and has the potential to screen unknown matter in a wide array of sample matrices such as solids, liquids, thin films, powders, slurries, and several others is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period.
XRF analyzes the sample without the need for dilution or digestion and thereby, disposal of chemical waste is unnecessary. XRF can measure gram quantities without any risk of cross-contamination and therefore, error in an XRF result is much lower.
XRF technology several configurations are widely used in different industries and applications such as minerals and mining, food safety and agriculture, pharmaceuticals, precious metals, polymers, and marine fuel oil analysis respectively.
XRF helps measure the percentage of metals within inorganic matrices such as cement and metal alloys. It is an essential research and development tool in the construction and metal industries and enables the higher quality cement and alloys development.
XRF is used for a vast variety of elemental analysis applications. It can be used to measure virtually every element – from Na to Pu in the periodic table, in concentrations ranging from a few ppm to nearly 100%. It can be used for monitoring major components in a product or process, or the addition of minor additives.
However, high initial cost and calibration issues relate to X-ray fluorescence is expected to hamper the market growth over the forecast period. Initial setup costs are relatively higher for customized XRF equipment, which are widely used across research institutions and industry verticals. Most elemental variations are measured as counts instead of as concentrations. Calibration of XRF instruments used to measure concentration require quantitative analysis of bulk sediment chemistry.
Several advancements in XRF-related technologies such as total-reflection XRF (TXRF) and micro-calorimeters and transition edge sensor (TES) X-ray detectors, can create potential revenue opportunities for players in the target market. These advancements will help to overcome various limitations related to XRF regarding the age and calibration of instruments, costs of setting up, matrix effects to be considered, and the stringent sets of standards.
Market analysis by product type:
Based on type segmentation, handheld segment is expected to contribute major revenue share and is expected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period. This growth is attributed to rising demand for these devices for on-field work such as industrial scrap sorting, archaeological excavation, and in mining due to its speed, portability and ease of use, and real-time analysis features.
Market analysis by application:
Among all the application segments, the food & pharmaceutical segment is expected to grow steadily over the forecast period. This can be attributed to the increasing need for safe and nutritious food, coupled with the prevalence of contaminants and adulterated counterfeit or fraudulent food.
Analysis by Region:
North America market is expected to dominate the global X-ray fluorescence market, and it accounts for largest revenue share as compared to that of markets in other regions. Dominance by North America market is expected to continue over the forecast period and expected to grow with a CAGR over 4.5%.
Increasing investments in infrastructural activities, coupled with rising demand for X-ray fluorescence devices from the cement industry for cement quality check is another major factor expected to drive growth of the North America X-ray fluorescence market over the forecast period. Moreover, increasing government spending on construction activities, and rising consumption of cement in the US is expected to support growth of the North America XRF market.
Moreover, North America leads in terms of corn production, and soils need to be accurately analyzed for heavy and pollutant metals. X-ray fluorescence device is ideal for such analysis, which is likely to boost adoption such devices in the countries in region to a significant extent.
India X-ray fluorescence market is expected to grow moderately over the forecast period. Increasing use of X-ray fluorescence devices for soil testing, coupled with government initiatives for development and expansion of the mining industry in the country are among the major factors expected to boost demand for X-ray fluorescence devices, which in turn is driving growth of the India X-ray fluorescence market.
Moreover, increasing government initiatives for spreading awareness about X-ray fluorescence devices advantages, coupled with increasing investments by governments and private organizations for development of the agriculture sector in the country are other major factors expected to fuel growth of the X-ray fluorescence market in India over the forecast period.
Global X-ray fluorescence (XRF) Market Segmentation:
Global X-ray fluorescence (XRF) Market Segmentation, by product type:
Global X-ray fluorescence (XRF) Market Segmentation, by application:
- Mining & metals
- Food & pharmaceutical
Global X-ray fluorescence (XRF) Market Segmentation, by region/country:
- North America
- Southeast Asia
- OJSC NPP Burevestnik
- Bruker Corporation
- Baltic Scientific Instruments Ltd.
- Dandong Dongfang Measurement & Control Technology Co Ltd.
- Elvatech Ltd.
- HELMUT FISCHER GmbH
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation
- HORIBA, Ltd.
- SUZHOU LANScientific Co., Ltd.
- Olympus Corporation
- Oxford Instruments plc.
- Malvern Panalytical Ltd.
- PERSEE ANALYTICS, INC.
- Polywis Technology Ltd.
- Rigaku Corporation
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Skyray Instrument Inc.
- AMETEK, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Eurocontrol Technics Inc.
1.0 Chapter 1
- 1.1 Preface
- 1.2 Assumptions
- 1.3 Abbreviations
- 2.1 Report Description
- 2.1.1 Market Definition and Scope
- 2.2 Executive Summary
- 2.2.1 Market Snapshot, By Product Type
- 2.2.2 Market Snapshot, By Application
- 2.2.3 Market Snapshot, By Region
- 2.2.4 Opportunity Map Analysis
- 3.0.1 Global X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Market Dynamics
- 3.0.2 Drivers
- 3.0.3 Restrains
- 3.0.4 Opportunities
- 3.0.5 Trends
- 3.0.6 Drivers and Restraints Impact Analysis
- 3.0.7 PEST Analysis
- 3.0.8 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- 3.0.9 Product Evolution – Handheld X-ray Fluorescence Devices
- 3.0.10 X-ray Fluorescence Processes by Technology
- 3.0.11 Pricing Analysis
- 3.0.12 Hardware Components in XRF System
- 3.0.13 Manufacturing Cost Analysis
- 3.0.14 Pricing Analysis – Handheld X-ray Fluorescence Devices
- 3.0.15 Pricing Analysis – Desktop X-ray Fluorescence Devices
- 3.0.16 Value Chain Analysis
- 3.0.17 Comparative Analysis - Wavelength Dispersive X-Ray Fluorescence (WD-XRF) and Energy Dispersive X-Ray Fluorescence (ED-XRF)
- 3.0.18 Brand Comparison
- 4.0.1 Global X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Market Segment Analysis, by Product Type
- 4.0.2 Overview
- 4.0.3 Segment Trends
- 4.0.4 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2017–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 4.1 Handheld
- 4.1.1 Overview
- 4.1.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2017-2027, (US$ Mn)
- 4.2 Desktop
- 4.2.1 Overview
- 4.2.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2017-2027, (US$ Mn)
- 5.0.1 Global X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Market Segment Analysis, by Application
- 5.0.2 Overview
- 5.0.3 Segment Trends
- 5.0.4 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2017-2027, (US$ Mn)
- 5.1 Cement
- 5.1.1 Overview
- 5.1.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2017-2027, (US$ Mn)
- 5.2 Mining & Metals
- 5.2.1 Overview
- 5.2.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2017-2027, (US$ Mn)
- 5.3 Petroleum
- 5.3.1 Overview
- 5.3.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2017-2027, (US$ Mn)
- 5.4 Chemicals
- 5.4.1 Overview
- 5.4.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2017-2027, (US$ Mn)
- 5.5 Environmental
- 5.5.1 Overview
- 5.5.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2017-2027, (US$ Mn)
- 5.6 Food & Pharmaceutical
- 5.6.1 Overview
- 5.6.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2017-2027, (US$ Mn)
- 6.0.1 Global X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Market Segment Analysis, by Region/Country
- 6.0.2 Market Attractiveness Index
- 6.0.3 Overview
- 6.0.4 Country Trends
- 6.0.5 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2017–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 6.0.6 Manufacturers and Distributors of X-ray Fluorescence (XRF), by Region
- 6.1 Global X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Market Segment Analysis, By North America
- 6.1.1 Overview
- 6.1.2 Country Trends
- 6.1.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2017–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 6.2 Global X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Market Segment Analysis, By China
- 6.2.1 Overview
- 6.2.2 Country Trends
- 6.2.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2017-2027, (US$ Mn)
- 6.3 Global X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Market Segment Analysis, By Europe
- 6.3.1 Overview
- 6.3.2 Country Trends
- 6.3.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2017–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 6.4 Global X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Market Segment Analysis, By Southeast Asia
- 6.4.1 Overview
- 6.4.2 Country Trends
- 6.4.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2017–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 6.5 Global X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Market Segment Analysis, By Japan
- 6.5.1 Overview
- 6.5.2 Country Trends
- 6.5.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2017–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 6.6 Global X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Market Segment Analysis, By India
- 6.6.1 Overview
- 6.6.2 Country Trends
- 6.6.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2017–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 7.0.1 Competitive Analysis
- 7.0.2 Company Profiles
- 7.1 OJSC NPP Burevestnik
- 7.1.1 Company Overview
- 7.1.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.1.3 Contact Information
- 7.2 Bruker Corporation
- 7.2.1 Company Overview
- 7.2.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.2.3 Contact Information
- 7.3 Contact Information
- 7.3.1 Company Overview
- 7.3.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.3.3 Contact Information
- 7.4 Dandong Dongfang Measurement & Control Technology Co. Ltd.
- 7.4.1 Company Overview
- 7.4.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.4.3 Contact Information
- 7.5 Elvatech Ltd.
- 7.5.1 Company Overview
- 7.5.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.5.3 Key Developments
- 7.5.4 Contact Information
- 7.6 HELMUT FISCHER GmbH
- 7.6.1 Company Overview
- 7.6.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.6.3 Contact Information
- 7.7 Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation
- 7.7.1 Company Overview
- 7.7.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.7.3 Financial Overview
- 7.7.4 Key Developments
- 7.7.5 Contact Information
- 7.8 HORIBA, Ltd.
- 7.8.1 Company Overview
- 7.8.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.7.3 Financial Overview
- 7.8.4 Key Developments
- 7.8.5 Contact Information
- 7.9 SUZHOU LANScientific Co., Ltd.
- 7.9.1 Company Overview
- 7.9.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.9.3 Contact Information
- 7.10 Olympus Corporation
- 7.10.1 Company Overview
- 7.10.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.10.3 Financial Overview
- 7.10.4 Key Developments
- 7.10.5 Contact Information
- 7.11 Oxford Instruments plc.
- 7.11.1 Company Overview
- 7.11.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.11.3 Key Developments
- 7.11.4 Contact Information
- 7.12 Malvern Panalytical Ltd.
- 7.12.1 Company Overview
- 7.12.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.12.3 Contact Information
- 7.13 PERSEE ANALYTICS, INC.
- 7.13.1 Company Overview
- 7.13.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.13.3 Contact Information
- 7.14 Polywis Technology Ltd.
- 7.14.1 Company Overview
- 7.14.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.14.3 Contact Information
- 7.15 Rigaku Corporation
- 7.15.1 Company Overview
- 7.15.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.15.3 Key Developments
- 7.15.4 Contact Information
- 7.16 Shimadzu Corporation
- 7.16.1 Company Overview
- 7.16.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.16.3 Financial Overview
- 7.16.4 Key Developments
- 7.16.5 Contact Information
- 7.17 Skyray Instrument Inc.
- 7.17.1 Company Overview
- 7.17.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.17.3 Contact Information
- 7.18 AMETEK, Inc.
- 7.18.1 Company Overview
- 7.18.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.18.3 Key Developments
- 7.18.4 Contact Information
- 7.19 Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- 7.19.1 Company Overview
- 7.19.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.19.3 Key Developments
- 7.19.4 Contact Information
- 7.20 Eurocontrol Technics Inc.
- 7.20.1 Company Overview
- 7.20.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.20.3 Key Developments
- 7.20.4 Contact Information
- 8.0.1 Research Methodology
- 8.0.2 About Us
Why Choose Us
- 360 Degree Approach
- Growth Consulting
- 24/7 Research Support
- Comprehensive-Level of Customization
- Comprehensive-Level of Customization
- Competitive Intelligence
- Single-Country/ Region Intelligence
- Post-Sale Service Assistance
- Access to Lead Analysts
- Available in PDF, Excel, Word/ PPT
Request for Customization
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!