Global Wood Moisture Meter Market by Product Type, by Application, and by Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa) – Forecast from 2020 to 2029
24th September 2019
The global wood moisture meter market is expected to be valued over US$ 0.6 Billion in 2029 and is projected to register a CAGR of 6.5% over the 10-year forecast period. The wood moisture meter market report has been segmented on the basis of product type, application, and region/country.
Wood Moisture Meter: Overview
Moisture meter is used to measure or monitor the percentage of water/water content in a substance such as seeds, food products, and others. It estimates the moisture content of certain materials by utilizing the relationship which exists between moisture condition, conductivity measurement, capacitance measurement, and electrical resistivity. Such information is used to determine the material is ready for use, unexpectedly wet or dry, or in need of further inspection. Physical properties are affected by moisture content and high moisture content for a period of time may progressively degrade a material. These meters are equipped with transducers sensors which help in converting one kind of energy into another type of energy.
Dynamics: Global Wood Moisture Meter Market
Construction of building requires moisture control on several levels. Wood and concrete are some of the building materials that have ideal moisture levels. Too much moisture can cause swell or shrinkage and crack. Easy availability of a diverse range of wood moisture meters used to determine the moisture content of several different wood types is a key factor expected to proliferate growth of the global market over the forecast period.
According to the wood scale, wood is typically "safe" if it's between 8-11% moisture. Wood scale meters are calibrated to detect between 6-40% moisture content.
Industry experts, such as Dr. Gene Wengert, Professor Emeritus at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, claims that at least 75% of all wood manufacturing and quality problems are MC (moisture content) related
Another major factor of using a wood moisture meter is that it provides a much more reliable measurement of the moisture content percentage in wood than a naked-eye or physical inspection of the lumber’s surface.
Professionals majorly rely on moisture meters to save time and money. The right moisture meter can even serve to protect their reputations when installing or repairing wood floors in new or existing construction of residential or commercial structures. A pinless moisture meter can be used to take readings for numerous wooden boards with incredible speed
Increasing use of network marketing and social media presence, and various online retailers such as Flipkart, Amazon, and Alibaba, etc. is anticipated to boost demand for the wood moisture meters in the next ten years
Lack of awareness pertaining to wood moisture meters, particularly in developing economies and higher reliance on physical inspection is one of the major factors restraining growth of the target market.
Opportunity Map Analysis:
Going by an optimistic scenario, the global wood moisture meter market revenue is projected to expand at a CAGR of over 7% and reach a value of more than US$ 700 Mn in 2029. Considering a likely scenario, the global market revenue is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.5% and reach a value exceeding US$ 600 Mn. While a conservative scenario would result in the global wood moisture meter market registering a CAGR of 5.2% and value of around US$ XX Mn over the 10-year period.
Global Wood Moisture Meter Market Segment Analysis:
By Product: Out of the two product types segments, the pin meter segment is expected to account for higher revenue share. The pin-less meter segment is projected to register higher growth rate of more than 6.7% as compared to the pin meter segment.
By Application: The industrial and mill segment is expected to dominate the other application segments in the global market. The flooring segment is projected to record highest growth rate of over 6.4%, followed by the industrial and mill segment in terms of growth rate.
Global Wood Moisture Meter Market: Analysis by Region:
In terms of revenue contribution, North America wood moisture meter market is expected to record largest revenue share in the target market. The Europe market is expected to record second-largest share in terms of revenue, followed by the Asia Pacific market.
In terms of Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), North America market is projected to register higher CAGR of over 6.8%, followed by the Europe market.
The Middle East & Africa and Latin America markets are expected to account for moderate revenue shares in the global market and register steady growth rate.
Key Developments by Companies:
- FLIR Systems, Inc. develops technologies, which enhance perception and awareness. It designs, develops, markets, and distributes solutions that help to detect people, objects and substances that may not be perceived by human senses and improve the way people interact with the world around them.
- Acquisitions/Mergers/Takeovers; In January, FLIR Systems acquired Aeryon Labs, a developer of unmanned aerial systems for global military, for US$200 million.
- Acquisitions/Mergers/Takeovers; In March, the company acquired Endeavor Robotics.
- Plans/Strategy; In March, the company announced its plan to open new headquarters office in Arlington, Virginia, near Washington, D.C.
- New Products/Services; In March, the company expanded its T-Series of thermal camera with the introduction of FLIR T840.
- New Products/Services; In February, the company introduced high definition handheld optical gas imaging (OGI) camera, the FLIR GF620 for oil and gas industry professionals.
- New Products/Services; In February, the company announced the inauguration of its regional service centers in Frankfurt, Germany and Dubai, United Arab Emirates to support its customers.
- New Products/Services; In February, the company launched FLIR GF77 uncooled thermal camera designed for detecting methane.
- Contracts/Agreements; In January, the company received an order for the delivery of 24 U.S. Army Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear Dismounted Reconnaissance Sets, Kits, and Outfits (CBRN DR-SKO) systems.
- New Products/Services; In January, the company introduced Raymarine Dock Sense assisted docking system.
- New Products/Services; In January, the company launched FLIR Scion Professional Thermal Monocular (PTM) for public safety professionals.
- Contracts/Agreements; In January, the company entered in a contract with French Defense Procurement Agency to support French Operational Pocket Drone (DrOP) program.
- Contracts/Agreements; In January, the company entered into multiyear collaboration with World Wildlife Fund (WWF) forKifaru Rising Project.
- New Products/Services; In January, the company launched two thermal imaging cameras FLIR TG275 and Automotive Development Kit(ADK) for automotive industry.
Global Wood Moisture Meter Market Segmentation:
By Product Type:
- Pin Meter
- Pin-less Meter
- Industrial & Mill
- Other Applications
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
- General Tools & Instruments LLC
- PCE Holding GmbH
- Wagner Meters
- Delmhorst Instrument Co.
- FLIR Systems Inc.
- STIHL Group
- Lignomat USA Ltd.
- Scanntronik Mugrauer GmbH
- Ryobi Limited
- Calculated Industries Inc.
- Chapter 1 Global Wood Moisture Meter Market
- 1.1 Introduction:
- 1.2 Segmentation for Global Wood Moisture Meter Market, based on product type, application, and Region
- 1.3 Drivers for Global Wood Moisture Meter Market:
- 1.4 Restraints for Global Wood Moisture Meter Market:
- 1.5 Opportunities for Global Wood Moisture Meter Market:
- 1.6 Trends for Global Wood Moisture Meter Market:
- 1.7 Macro-economic Factors
- 1.8 Global Wood Moisture Meter Market Pricing Analysis by Region, 2018
- 1.9 Global Wood Moisture Meter Market Pricing Analysis by Product, 2018
- 1.10 Opportunity Map Analysis
- 1.10.1 Optimistic Scenario
- 1.10.2 Likely Scenario
- 1.10.3 Conservative Scenario
- 1.11 Oppurtunity Orbits
- Chapter 1 Global Wood Moisture Meter Market
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!