TV Antennas Market By Type (Indoor TV Antenna, Outdoor TV Antenna) By Application (Residential, Commercial, Others) and Region - Global Forecast to 2026
22 May 2018
find_in_page Our Research Methodology is based on the following main points:
- Data Collections and Interpretation
- Data Validation
- Final Projections and Conclusion
The global TV antennas market was valued approximately at US$ 0.04 Bn in 2017, and is expected to register a CAGR of 4.4%. The report offers in-depth insights, revenue details, and other vital information regarding the global TV antennas market and the various trends, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the target market till 2026. The report also offers insightful and detailed information regarding the various key players operating in the global TV antennas market, and their financials, apart from strategies, acquisitions & mergers, and market footprint. The global TV antennas market is segmented on the basis of product type, application, and region/country.
This report is based on synthesis, analysis, and interpretation of information gathered regarding the target market from various sources. Our analysts have analyzed the information and data and gained insights using a mix of primary and secondary research efforts with the primary objective to provide a holistic view of the market. In addition, an in-house study has been made of the global economic conditions and other economic indicators and factors to assess their respective impact on the market historically, as well as the current impact in order to make informed forecasts about the scenarios in future.
TV antennas are components used to receive free-to-air or over-the-air channels. Antennas typically need to be oriented or aimed to get the best signal from the desired station. These channels are broadcasted by local media companies through transmitters. These broadcasted signals are transmitted over frequencies in both VHF and UHF bands, and vary across different regions/countries. There are basically two different types of TV antennas namely indoor and outdoor. Indoor TV antennas are mounted on top or next to the TV sets, whereas outdoor TV antennas are mounted outside or externally placed. Common types of indoor antennas are rabbit ears, whip antenna, loop antenna, flat antenna and common types of outdoor antennas are yagi antenna and log-periodic antenna. TV antennas require a one-time installment cost, and users can view all available local channels free of cost, as opposed to monthly subscription chargeable for services such as satellite and cable TV to view these local channels. The TV antennas are installed at rooftop at right place and directions. The benefits of using TV antennas are it saves money, ability to receive channels that cable and satellite providers do not provide and ability to receive out-of-market channels, free subscriptions, stronger receptions etc.
Report Coverage and Deliverables
TV antennas serve as a low cost alternative to pay TV services is a key factor expected to drive growth of the global market. In addition, support by local broadcasters, advantages such as uncompressed HD signals, uninterrupted services during bad weather conditions, and wide range of local channels are the factors expected to boost growth of the global market in the near future. Moreover, low disposable income levels in certain developing countries is expected to boost demand for TV antennas because of its free service, coupled with support from local TV broadcasters. TV antennas are gaining popularity among urban population in developed economies, owing to high frequency receivers, cost-effectiveness, and compact size is likely to support growth of the market.
However, increasing demand for various international channels as well as national channels may hinder the growth of the market. In addition, growing demand for OTT such as Netflix, and Hulu, due to availability of rich content as well as ease of access to such content online are expected to restrain growth of the market to a certain extent. Moreover, increasing governmental initiatives favoring digitalization of content in certain developing economies may have negative impact to a certain extent on growth of the TV antennas market.
Rapid technological advancements in TV antenna systems as well as at backend of broadcasting service providers such as support for higher resolution content, strong digital signal reception, and long range detection etc. are some ongoing trends expected to gain traction in the near future. TV antenna manufacturers are focusing on introducing TV antennas, especially indoor antennas, that support both UHF and VHF functionality, as well as HD content. Digital TV channels have shifted with respect to the traditional analogue channels, due to changing the range with which an antenna must perform, therefore new digital antennas are designed to reflect this shift.
Market Analysis by Product Type:
On the basis of product type, outdoor TV antenna segment is expected to contribute major revenue share in the global TV antennas market, and register CAGR of over 4%, in terms of revenue over the forecast period, owing to increasing use in residential sectors. Indoor TV antenna segment is estimated to register highest CAGR of over 4.5%, due to preferred solution for individuals living near TV broadcast towers. These are also excellent solutions for persons living in cities and apartments, where mounting or installation an outdoor antenna is not feasible or allowed permitted. Developments in amplified TV antenna technology is a major factor expected to boost growth of the commercial segment over the forecast period. Amplified antennas are ideal for suburbs and rural areas, where TV signals need to travel over greater distance.
Market Analysis by Application:
Among all the application segments, residential segment is expected to register highest CAGR of over 4.5%, owing to mass adoption of TV antennas by residential segment. In addition, growth of the market is also driven by increasing number of individuals interested to watch TV, high disposable income levels globally. In addition, advancements in non-amplified TV antennas that do not require an additional power source, are sleek and capable of receiving ultra-high frequency (UHF) transmissions is another factor expected to boost growth of the residential segment over the forecast period.
Market Analysis by Region:
North America market is expected to dominate the global TV antennas market, and is expected to account for largest market revenue share as compared to that of markets in other regions. North America market is also expected to register highest CAGR growth of 4.5% during the forecast period owing to rising prices of cable and satellite subscriptions coupled with increasing cord cutting for cable and satellite TV in the US and Canada.
Dominance by North America market is expected to continue over the forecast period. Increasing shift in preference towards use of TV antennas, owing to its cost effectiveness as compared to cable and satellite TV subscriptions is another important factor expected to boost growth of the market in region.
Companies are focusing on launching new TV antennas in the market with the objective to gain a competitive edge, which is another factor expected to support growth of market in the region over the forecast period. Prominent manufacturers of TV antennas such as Antop Antennas, Inc., Jampro Antennas, Inc., LAVA Electronics, Inc., and Winegard Company have significantly robust presence in the market in the region, which is another factor expected to boost growth of the North America TV antennas market.
Market Segmentation of the global TV antennas market:
Segmentation by product type:
- Indoor TV Antenna
- Outdoor TV Antenna
Segmentation by application:
Segmentation by region:
- North America
- South America
- Winegard Company
- Terk Technologies Corporation
- Horman Co., Ltd.
- KING Connect
- LAVA Electronics, Inc.
- Jampro Antennas, Inc.
- Jampro Antennas, Inc.
- SYSTEMS WITH RELIABILITY, LP. (SWR)
- ANTOP Antennas, Inc.
- Antennas Direct Inc.
- Channel Master LLC
1.0 Chapter 1
- 1.1 Preface
- 1.2 Assumptions
- 1.3 Abbreviations
- 2.1 Report Description
- 2.1.1 Market Definition and Scope
- 2.1.2 Product Information
- 2.1.3 Illustration and Manufacturing Process Analysis
- 2.2 Executive Summary
- 2.2.1 Market Snapshot, By Type
- 2.2.2 Market Snapshot, By Application
- 2.2.3 Market Snapshot, By Region
- 2.2.4 Prudour Opportunity Map Analysis
- 3.0.1 Global TV Antennas Market Dynamics
- 3.0.2 Drivers (D)
- 3.0.3 Restraints (R)
- 3.0.4 Opportunities
- 3.0.5 Trends
- 3.0.6 PEST Analysis
- 3.0.7 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- 3.0.8 DR Impact Analysis
- 3.0.9 Manufacturing Cost Analysis
- 3.0.10 Supply Chain Analysis
- 3.0.11 Vendor Information
- 4.0.1 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, By Type
- 4.0.2 Overview
- 4.0.3 Segment Trends
- 4.0.4 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.1 Indoor TV Antenna
- 4.1.1 Overview
- 4.1.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.2 Outdoor TV Antenna
- 4.2.1 Overview
- 4.2.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.0.1 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, By Application
- 5.0.2 Overview
- 5.0.3 Segment Trends
- 5.0.4 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.1 Residential
- 5.1.1 Overview
- 5.1.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.2 Commercial
- 5.2.1 Overview
- 5.2.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.3 Others
- 5.3.1 Overview
- 5.3.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.0.1 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, by Region/Country
- 6.0.2 Market Attractiveness Index
- 6.0.3 Overview
- 6.0.4 Trends
- 6.0.5 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.0.6 Imports and Exports of TV Antenna Market, by Region, 2011–2016
- 6.1 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, By North America
- 6.1.1 Overview
- 6.1.2 Trends
- 6.1.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.2 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, By Europe
- 6.2.1 Overview
- 6.2.2 Trends
- 6.2.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.3 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, By China
- 6.3.1 Overview
- 6.3.2 Country Trends
- 6.3.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.4 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, By Japan
- 6.4.1 Overview
- 6.4.2 Trends
- 6.4.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.5 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, By South America
- 6.5.1 Overview
- 6.5.2 Trends
- 6.5.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.6 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, By India
- 6.6.1 Overview
- 6.6.2 Trends
- 6.6.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.7 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, By Middle East & Africa
- 6.7.1 Overview
- 6.7.2 Trends
- 6.7.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.8 Global TV Antennas Market Segment Analysis, By Rest of the World
- 6.8.1 Overview
- 6.8.2 Trends
- 6.8.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 7.0.1 Competitive Analysis
- 7.0.2 Company Share Analysis
- 7.0.3 Company Profiles
- 7.0.4 Heat Map Analysis
- 7.1 Winegard Company
- 7.1.1 Company Overview
- 7.1.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.2 Terk Technologies Corporation
- 7.2.1 Company Overview
- 7.2.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.3 Horman Co., Ltd.
- 7.3.1 Company Overview
- 7.3.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.4 KING Connect
- 7.4.1 Company Overview
- 7.4.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.5 LAVA Electronics, Inc.
- 7.5.1 Company Overview
- 7.5.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.6 Jampro Antennas, Inc.
- 7.6.1 Company Overview
- 7.6.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.7 Hills Limited
- 7.7.1 Company Overview
- 7.7.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.7.3 Financial Overview
- 7.8 SYSTEMS WITH RELIABILITY, LP. (SWR)
- 7.8.1 Company Overview
- 7.8.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.9 ANTOP Antennas, Inc.
- 7.9.1 Company Overview
- 7.9.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.10 Antennas Direct Inc.
- 7.10.1 Company Overview
- 7.10.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.11 Channel Master LLC
- 7.11.1 Company Overview
- 7.11.2 Product Portfolio
- 8.0.1 Research Methodology
- 8.0.2 About Us
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!