Global Sensors Market By Sensor Type (Single Touch Sensor, Multi-Touch Sensor, And Fingerprint Sensor), End-Use Application (Consumer Electronics, Automotive & Aerospace, And Other Industries), and Region - Global Forecast to 2029
23rd October 2019
- find_in_page Our Research Methodology is based on the following main points:
- Data Collections and Interpretation
- Data Validation
- Final Projections and Conclusion
“Global Sensors Market” is a published report at MarketResearch.biz. The global sensors market is expected to be valued at approximately US$ 8 Bn in 2020, and is projected to register a CAGR of 12.6% over the forecast period. The global sensors market report has been segmented on the basis of sensor type, end-use application, and region.
A touch sensor is a device that captures and records physical touch or objects. It enables a device to detect touch, usually by a human operator, and records the same. It mainly works when an individual touches the touch panel. A touch sensor is more sensitive than a button or a manual control device, and is used as a mode to take input of the user. A touch sensor is reliable and convenient to use as it does not require any mechanical motion such as mechanical controls and switches. It is also known as a tactile sensor or touch detector, which is used in various applications such as home appliances, cellular handsets, portable media devices, gaming controllers, public information display, and others.
Report Coverage and Deliverables
Some types of sensors available include single touch, multi-touch, and fingerprint sensor. A single touch only has to be touched once by an object, while a multi-touch sensor allows the object to detect multiple touches. During the early stage of touch screen technology, devices were limited to single touch by supporting the input from a single touch — for instance, single touch on the screen to open the app on smartphones. Unlike single touch, multi-touch uses two or more simultaneous touch-based commands. For instance, multi-touch is the pinch of zoom feature that is found in the touchscreens of smartphones, laptop or tablets. Conversely, fingerprint scanner recognizes and authenticates the fingerprints of registered individuals.
Continuous advancements in technology, particularly a significant advent of multi-touch sensors from single-touch in devices, is one among some of the major factors driving adoption of this novel technology. Rising popularity of smartphones among individuals of all age groups and shifting preference from manual keypad phones to touchscreen phones is expected to result in higher adoption of sensors. This is expected to drive growth of the sensors market in the next few years. Increasing application of touch sensors in different industries such as consumer electronics, automotive, aerospace and government & military, healthcare and others along with several benefits related with the use of touch sensors is expected to have a positive impact on growth of the global sensors market. Security systems rely on smart and intelligent sensor technologies, and hence sensors have become essential part of military security systems. These sensors are integrated with smart features and are reliable, flexible, multifunctional, and fully secured. Therefore, government and defense of various countries are adopting touch sensors for high and critical security assets, which is expected to drive growth of the target market. Demand for consumer electronic devices such as convertible laptops, tablets, and TVs is increasing significantly, and in turn expected to encourage leading companies to expand their existing production capacity and to set up new production facilities. This in turn is expected to drive growth of the global sensors market. Robust growth of the automotive industry, with amalgamation of several sensors in applications ranging from engines to electronic control unit, as well as in communication control, emission control, engine fault diagnosis, and electronic control units is another major factor expected to drive market growth in the next 10 years. Moreover, the advent of autonomous vehicles is expected to lead to adoption of higher number of various sensors, thereby propelling market growth. Rapid growth in the pharmaceutical industry, especially in emerging economies, coupled with adoption of sensors in various equipment are additional factors expected to support growth of the target market. Adoption of touch sensors is increasing rapidly in medical devices for various applications in scanning, imaging, lab information safety, and patient ID security, which require high level of security.
Global Sensors Market Segment Analysis:
By Sensor Type: Among the sensor type segments, the multi-touch sensor segment is projected to account for majority revenue share, and register a CAGR of over 13.3% over the forecast period.
By End-use Application: Among the application segments, the consumer electronics segment is projected to account for majority revenue share, and register a CAGR of 13.2% over the forecast period.
Global Sensors Market Regional Analysis:
The market in North America currently accounts for highest revenue share among the regional markets, followed by Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa respectively. The Asia Pacific market is projected to register highest CAGR of over 13.1% in the global sensors market.
Global Sensors Market Segmentation:
By Sensor Type:
- Single Touch Sensor
- Multi-Touch Sensor
- Fingerprint Sensor
By End-use Application:
- Consumer Electronics
- Automotive & Aerospace
- Government & Military
- Commercial & BFSI
- Other Industries
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- STMicroelectronics N.V.
- TE Connectivity Ltd.
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- AMS AG
- SecuGen Corporation
- NEXT Biometrics Group ASA
- A D Metro
- Chapter 1 Global Sensor Market Overview
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Taxonomy
- 1.3 Drivers for the Global Sensor Market
- 1.4 Restraints for Global Sensor Market
- 1.5 Opportunities for Global Sensor Market
- 1.6 Trends for Global Sensor Market
- 1.7 PEST Analysis
- 1.8 PORTER’s Five Forces Analysis
- 1.9 Macro-Economic Factors
- 1.10 Opportunity Map Analysis
- 1.10.1 Optimistic Scenario
- 1.10.2 Likely Scenario
- 1.10.3 Conservative Scenario
- 1.11 Regional Market Share and BPS Analysis in Sensors Market
- 1.12 Opportunity Orbits
- 1.13 Global Sensors Pricing Analysis (US$/Unit) by Region, 2019
- 1.14 Supply Chain Analysis
- Chapter 1 Global Sensor Market Overview
Request for Customization
- How much difference in revenue is projected from the global sensors market between 2020 and 2022?The projected difference in revenue from the global sensors market between 2020 and 2022 is US$ 1,953 Mn.
- Which segment in the global sensors market is projected to account for highest revenue growth in 2022?In 2022, the multi-touch sensor segment is projected to account for highest revenue of over US$ 4 Bn.
- How much revenue share is the fingerprint sensor segment projected to account for in the global sensors market in 2026?In 2026, fingerprint sensor segment is projected to account for revenue share of around US$ 3.9 Bn.
- What is the CAGR of revenue projected to register from multi-touch sensor segment in the global sensors market during the forecast period?Revenue from the multi-touch sensor segment in the global sensors market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 13.6% over the forecast period.
- Which region is projected to account for highest revenue share in the global sensors market in 2024?North America market is projected to account for highest revenue share of approximately US$ 3.8 Bn in 2024.
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!