RF Test Equipment Market By Type, By Form, By Frequency, By Application (Telecommunications, Consumer Electronics, Automotive, and Others), And Region - Global Forecast To 2028
2nd July 2019
- find_in_page Our Research Methodology is based on the following main points:
- Data Collections and Interpretation
- Data Validation
- Final Projections and Conclusion
The global RF test equipment market is expected to value at approximately US$ 2 Bn in 2019, and is expected to register a CAGR of 5.4%. The global RF test equipment market is segmented on the basis of type, form, frequency, application, and region.
Global RF Test Equipment Market: Introduction
Radio frequency (RF) test equipment is type of testing equipment used to measure the amount of RF waves emitted by a particular device. Radio frequencies (RF) are frequencies within the electromagnetic spectrum associated with radio wave propagation. An RF current when supplied to an antenna, creates an electromagnetic field that then is able to propagate through space. RF test equipment are used in various end-use industries.
Global RF Test Equipment Market: Dynamics
Increasing adoption of RF test equipment for telecommunication in various applications such as cellular phones, amateur radio, radio and television broadcasting, radio communications for fire and police departments, microwave point-to-point links, and satellite communications is a major factor expected to drive growth of the global RF test equipment market.
Increasing demand for RF power amplifiers, coupled with rapid evolution of wireless connectivity technology in order to decrease system complexity by integration of receiver and transmitter function into a single front-end module (FEM) is anticipated boost growth of the global RF test equipment market.
Increasing global population and rising adoption of smartphones, coupled with increasing Internet penetration in various developed and developing countries is projected to support market growth to a significant extent.
Preference towards RF energy in medical equipment for treatments such as to reduce fat, promote healing, cosmetic treatments that tighten the skin and destroy cancer cells has been increasing. In addition, RF waves are used in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) to generate images of the human body, this coupled with increasing prevalence of various chronic diseases, and increasing number of accidents and other causes for treatments is expected to drive growth of the global RF test equipment market.
Global RF Test Equipment Market Analysis, by Type
Among the type segments, currently, the spectrum analyzers segment accounts for highest share terms of revenue, and is expected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period. In addition, the spectrum analyzers segment is expected to register highest CAGR of over 5.2%.
Global RF Test Equipment Market Analysis, by Form
Among the form segments, the benchtop segment accounted for the highest share terms of revenue in 2018, and will continue to be a dominant segment in the next 10 years. The portable segment is projected to register highest CAGR of over 5.3%. This growth of portable segment can be attributable to portability benefits offered over conventional options.
Global RF Test Equipment Market Analysis, by Frequency
Among the frequency segments, the 1 GHz to 6 GHz segment accounts for highest share terms of revenue, whereas, the 1 GHz to 6 GHz segment is expected to register highest CAGR of over 5.4%.
Global RF Test Equipment Market Analysis, by Application
Among the application segments, the aerospace & defense segment is expected to account for major revenue share, and is projected to dominate in terms of revenue share over the forecast period. In addition, the telecommunication segment is expected to register highest growth rate of over 5.2%.
Global RF Test Equipment Market Analysis, by Region
Currently, the market in North America is dominating the global market in terms of revenue and is expected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period.
Increasing government initiatives and adoption of advanced technologies based RD test equipment and encouraging automation and IoT-based services to make cities smarter and to improve workplace productivity and efficacy.
Well-developed healthcare infrastructure, early-adoption of technologically advanced products, and increasing demand for RF test equipment such as RFID blood monitoring systems owing to rising need for accurate labeling, monitoring, and efficient tracking of blood and blood products are major factors expected to drive growth of the RF test equipment market in North America over the forecast period.
Increasing focus of developed countries towards a larger military force as compared to developing countries in order to cover a larger area for operations and have broader mission coverage areas is expected to drive adoption of RF test equipment and support growth of the market in the next 10 years
Asia Pacific market is expected to follow North America market in terms of revenue share in the global market, and is projected to register highest growth rate in the next 10 years in the target market. Increasing number of expansion activities by various major automotive manufacturers in developing countries, especially in Asia Pacific, due to availability of low-cost labor and raw materials is expected to result in positive revenue growth of the target market.
The markets in Latin America and Middle East & Africa are expected to contribute moderate revenue shares in the global market over the next 10 years.
Recent developments in the global RF test equipment market include:
- In June 2019, Tektronix, Inc., which is a subsidiary of Fortive Corporation, launched two new oscilloscopes – 3 Series Mixed Domain Oscilloscope (MDO) and 4 Series Mixed Signal Oscilloscope (MSO), in order to offer more powerful, versatile, and easy to use oscilloscopes
- In February 2019, Tektronix, Inc. launched WG70000B Series Arbitrary Waveform Generator with new features that enable it to fully support the testing of complex electronic warfare (EW) and wireless communications systems that require the ability to dynamically alter signal sequences during test scenarios
Global RF Test Equipment Market Segmentation:
Segmentation, by Type
- Signal Generators
- Spectrum Analyzers
- Network Analyzers
- Others (include Power Meters, Power Sensors, Multimeters, etc.)
Segmentation, by Form:
Segmentation, by Frequency:
- Less than 1 GHz
- 1 GHz to 6 GHz
- More than 6 GHz
Segmentation, by Application:
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
- Research & Education
Segmentation, by Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Fortive Corporation (Tektronix Inc.)
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co. KG
- Anritsu Corporation
- TestEquity, LLC
- National Instruments Corporation
- Keysight Technologies, Inc.
- Yokogawa Electric Corporation
- Giga-tronics Incorporated
- Teledyne Technologies Incorpora
- Chapter 1 Global RF Test Equipment Market Overview
- 1.1 Report Assumptions
- 1.2 Research Methodology
- 22.214.171.124 Abbreviations
- Chapter 2 Executive Summary
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Executive Summary
- 2.3 Drivers
- 2.4 Restraints
- 2.5 Opportunities
- 2.6 Trends
- 2.7 Global RF Test Equipment Market Outlook (2012-2028)
- 2.7.1 Global RF Test Equipment Revenue (US$ Mn) (2012–2019)
- 2.7.2 Global RF Test Equipment Revenue (US$ Mn) (2020–2028)
- 2.8 Global RF Test Equipment Revenue by Regions
- 2.8.1 Global RF Test Equipment Revenue (US$ Mn) Comparison, by Region (2012–2019)
- 2.8.2 Global RF Test Equipment Revenue (US$ Mn) Comparison, by Region (2020–2028)
- 2.9 Global RF Test Equipment Revenue by Type
- 2.9.1 Global RF Test Equipment Revenue (US$ Mn) Comparison, by Type (2012–2019)
- 2.9.2 Global RF Test Equipment Revenue (US$ Mn) Comparison, by Type (2020–2028)
- 2.10 Global RF Test Equipment Revenue by Form
- Chapter 1 Global RF Test Equipment Market Overview
Request for Customization
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!