India Galvanized Steel Monopole Market By Product Type (50m), By Application (Power Transmission), And Region - Global Forecast To 2028
24th July 2018
- find_in_page Our Research Methodology is based on the following main points:
- Data Collections and Interpretation
- Data Validation
- Final Projections and Conclusion
The India galvanized steel monopole market is estimated to value at nearly US$ 0.01 Bn in 2019, and is expected to register a CAGR of 21.5 %. The India galvanized steel monopole market is segmented on the basis of product type, application, and region.
India Galvanized Steel Monopole Market: Introduction
Monopoles are type of polygonal sectioned and hollow galvanized steel structures with body sections that are jointed or bolted. They are constructed of different diameter steel sections, are available in many shapes and sizes such as cylindrical or multi sided. The individual sections are bolted or welded together with the largest diameter sections at the base and each successive section is smaller in diameter. The base costs include the tower, erection, concrete footings, painting, lighting, platforms and overhead. Monopole is characterized by the ladder and feeders which are installed inside the tower body. The ladder is fixed to the handrail of platform.
India Galvanized Steel Monopole Market: Dynamics
Increasing initiatives by Indian government in order expanding power transmission sector is a major factors expected to drive growth of the India galvanized steel monopole market over the forecast period. Additionally, growing power sector and reformation of transmission infrastructure is expected to have positive impact on growth revenue of the India galvanized steel monopole market. For instance, according to a report published by India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), India is the third-largest producer and fourth-largest consumer of electricity in the world, with the installed power capacity reaching 330,860.58 GW as of December 2017. The country also has the fifth-largest installed capacity in the world.
Furthermore, India is witnessing rapid urbanization and growing industrialization. It has become a need of the hour to mitigate challenges related to shrinking availability of land and growing population, villages, towns, and cities. The demand for more energy or electricity for addressing the growing demand for higher power transmission system in the country.
- For instance, strengthening work activity at Angul – Srikakulam 765 kV transmission corridor, Warora – Warangal 765kV transmission corridor, and others, with total estimated cost of US$ 1,867.5 Mn
- In March 2017, Bhoruka Power Corp. announced plans to invest US$ 120 million, to increase their hydro and wind renewable energy capacities to 1 gigawatt by 2020
However, galvanized steel monopole structures are heavier compared to lattice towers, and are more difficult to transport for deployment, especially at places of higher altitudes or in hilly areas and is a major factor expected to hamper growth of the India galvanized steel monopole market. In addition, cost of monopoles are higher than that of conventional lattice towers as well as manufacturing limitations related to galvanized steel monopoles for voltages exceeding 765 KV. These factors are some of the primary factors expected to restrict growth of the India galvanized steel monopole market in the near future.
Increasing need for renewable resources to reduce dependency on fossil fuels for energy generation is expected to create lucrative opportunities for players in the market
- In 2013 for instance, the Government of India (GoI) launched a National Green Corridor Program (NGCP) valued at US$ 6.25 Bn, with the objective of the program being to enable flow of renewable energy into the National Grid Network
Moreover, railway authorities focus on deploying above 50 meters’ monopole for power transmission at metro stations, especially in Northern parts of India, due to limited space available in these areas
- In 2017 for instance, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) Ltd. installed six monopole towers for Uttar Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Ltd. (UPPTCL) at Noida Sector - 34 on its under-construction corridor from Noida Sector - 34 to Electronic City
- In 2017 for instance, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) Ltd. realised a tender for design, supply, erection, and testing & commissioning for shifting, modification, and raising height of 220kv DC transmission line of DTL using steel monopole structures for construction of a Foot overbridge (FoB ) near Sarita Vihar Metro Station
India Galvanized Steel Monopole Market Analysis, by Product Type
Among the product type segments, the 40m-50m segment is expected to account for major revenue share, and is expected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period. The 40m-50m segment is expected to register CAGR of over 22.5%, increasing initiatives by government for growth of power transmission sector. The 30m-40m segment accounts for second highest share in terms of revenue in the near future. The 30m-40m segment is expected to register second highest CAGR of over 21.0%.
India Galvanized Steel Monopole Market Analysis, by Application
Currently, among the application segments, the power transmission segment is accounts for major revenue share, and is expected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period. The power transmission segment is expected to register CAGR of over 21.2%, owing to high usage of galvanized steel monopole for high voltage transmission lines as well as transmission towers and distribution systems throughout India.
India Galvanized Steel Monopole Market Analysis, by Region
Currently, the market in North India is dominating the global market in terms of revenue and is expected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period. Increasing demand for galvanized steel monopoles for power transmission applications to meet rising demand for electricity, owing to rapidly growing urban population coupled with industrialization in the states of Northern India is a major factor expected to drive revenue growth of the North India market over the next 10 years.
The market in East India accounts for second-highest share in terms of revenue and is expected to register lucrative growth in the near future. Increasing investments in infrastructural development activities, coupled with increasing number of urban and rural population. In addition, increasing several initiatives by government and private firms for development of power generation plants, are some of major factors expected to fuel demand for power transmission, which in turn is expected to drive growth of the East India galvanized steel monopoles market to a significant extent.
- In July 2018, Odisha government approved a plan by North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Limited (NEEPCO) to invest US$ 136.94 Mn to set up a 200-Mw solar power plant. The unit is scheduled to be operational in December 2019.
Market in South India is expected to register highest CAGR in the near future. This is primarily attributed to, increasing government initiatives for development and strengthening work of various power transmission system, which in turn is expected to create major demand for galvanized steel monopoles for power transmission applications. In addition, higher demand for galvanized steel monopoles in states of South India for transmitting energy from existing and new power generation plants. The aforementioned are some of the factor expected to drive growth of the market in South India.
India Galvanized Steel Monopole Market Segmentation:
India Galvanized Steel Monopole Market Segmentation, by Phases:
India Galvanized Steel Monopole Market Segmentation, by Study Design:
- Power transmission
India Galvanized Steel Monopole Market Segmentation, by Region:
- North India
- South India
- East India
- West India
- Northeast India
- Central India
- MİTAŞ Energy and Metal Construction Inc.
- Falcon Steel America, LLC.
- Valmont Industries, Inc. (Valmont Structures Pvt. Ltd.)
- International Poles
- Xinhang Tower Technology Co., Ltd.
- Skipper Limited
- 1.0 Chapter 1
- 1.1 Preface
- 1.2 Assumptions
- 1.3 Abbreviations
- 2.0 Chapter 2
- 2.1 Report Description
- 2.1.1 Market Definition and Scope
- 2.2 Executive Summary
- 2.2.1 Market Snapshot, By Type
- 2.2.2 Market Snapshot, By Region/Zone
- 2.2.3 Prudour Opportunity Map Analysis
- 2.1 Report Description
- 3.0 Chapter 3
- 1.0 Chapter 1
Request for Customization
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!