Global Food Irradiation Market By Source Of Radiation, By Food Type, And By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, And Middle East & Africa) – Global Forecast From 2020 To 2029
19th September 2019
- find_in_page Our Research Methodology is based on the following main points:
- Data Collections and Interpretation
- Data Validation
- Final Projections and Conclusion
The global food irradiation market revenue is expected to register a CAGR of 4.6%, and is projected to be valued at over US$ 300 Mn in 2029. The global food irradiation market report is segmented based on source radiation, food type, and region. The report study is based on exhaustive primary and secondary research, ensuring highest level of accuracy. The report provides in-depth market analysis, revenue share and growth, and other vital information regarding the target market. The report also includes growth factors, restraints, opportunities and ongoing trends in the global food irradiation market.
Food Irradiation: Overview
Food irradiation is an effective and widely used technology to ensure food safety and extend shelf life of food by reducing or eliminating the risk of food contamination caused due to harmful bacteria and insects present in the food. During the food irradiation process, the food and food packages are exposed to a very high-level of radiation that are sufficient to kill the germs/insects, without affecting its nutritional value of the food. After the irradiation process, the radiation does not get contained in the food, therefore it is considered a safe and a healthy process. Radiation used in the irradiation process is either from Gamma rays or X-rays, similar to microwave radiations that do not make the food radioactive. This process has been approved and permitted by international bodies such as the World Health Organisation, the Food and Agricultural Organisation, and CODEX Alimentarius.
Global Food Irradiation Market: Dynamics
Increasing incidences of food poisoning among people, and prevention against food-borne diseases among consumers, clubbed with rising need to sterilize food and food packaging are among the major factors projected to drive growth of the global food irradiation market. The food irradiation process is useful to destroy harmful bacteria that can spoil and contaminate food products, and extend foods’ shelf life. This is another major factor projected to fuel growth of the target market. The global food irradiation market is expected to grow significantly because of other key factors such as rising concerns regarding health and fitness, growing demand for meat and poultry products due to increasing non-vegetarian population, growing population. As the population increases, the requirement and demand for food will increase exponentially.
Sterilized foods are in high demand from the healthcare sector such as hospitals for patients, especially with weak immune systems, such as patients with AIDS or undergoing chemotherapy. This constantly growing demand for sterilized foods is also expected to boost growth of the target market. In addition, emerging trend of including exotic fruits and vegetables in diet is supporting growth of the food irradiation market.
However, higher price of irradiated food products as compared to conventional foods, and low awareness regarding availability and benefits of irradiated foods are factors that could limit growth of the global food irradiation market.
Global Food Irradiation Market: Segment and Region Insights:
Insights, by Source of Radiation:
The gamma radiation segment, among the source of radiation segments, is projected to record highest share in terms of revenue and register highest CAGR of over 4.8% in the global food irradiation market over the forecast period, followed by the electron beam radiation segment and x-ray radiation segment, respectively.
Insights, by Food Type:
The fruits and vegetables segment, among the food type segments, is projected to contribute major revenue share in the global food irradiation market, and is projected to register highest CAGR more than 5.1% over the 10-year forecast period.
Insights, by Region:
The market in Asia Pacific is projected to account for highest revenue share in the global food irradiation market and is projected to register highest CAGR of over 4.8% during the forecast period.
Steris PLC (STERIS Isomedix Services, Inc.) (Year 2017)
- Divestiture; In November, the company sold its Synergy Health Healthcare Consumable Solutions (HCS) business to Vernacare.
- Divestiture; In February, the company sold its Synergy Health Netherlands Linen Management Services business to EMEA B.V.
- Expansion: In July 2018, Sterigenics expands European capacity with new state-of-the-art gamma sterilization facility in the UK. Sterigenics’ continued investment in global network expansions supports growing MedTech and pharmaceutical customer needs. Sterigenics, a Sotera Health company and leading global provider of mission-critical sterilization solutions and expert advisory services, announced it is building a new facility in Markham Vale North in Chesterfield/Derbyshire, UK. The facility will significantly expand Sterigenics’ footprint in Europe to help meet the growing sterilization needs of its customers and support the company’s mission of Safeguarding Global Health™.
Ionisos SA (Year 2019)
- Acquisition: Ionisos, a leading European provider of cold sterilization services announces the acquisition of Steril Milano, a specialist in sterilization services. This acquisition is fully in line with company’s growth strategy and strengthens our European footprint by opening a new country. The company also expand sterilization services through the construction of a new facility close to Milano.
Global Food Irradiation Market Segmentation:
Segmentation based Source of Radiation:
- Gamma Radiation
- X-ray Radiation
- Electron Beam Radiation
Segmentation based Food Type:
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Grain Foods
- Meat and Poultry
Segmentation based on Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
- STERIS PLC (STERIS Isomedix Services, Inc.)
- Sotera Health LLC (Nordion)
- Sterigenics International, Inc.
- Tecleor LLC
- Ionisos SA
- ScanTech Sciences, Inc.
- Food Technology Services, Inc.
- Benebión S.A. de C.V.
- GrayStar Inc.
- Chapter 1 Global Food Irradiation Market Overview
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Taxonomy
- 1.3 Drivers of Global Food Irradiation Market
- 1.4 Restraints of Global Food Irradiation Market
- 1.5 Opportunities of Global Food Irradiation Market
- 1.6 Trends of Global Food Irradiation Market
- 1.7 Macro-economic Factors
- 1.8 Opportunity Map Analysis
- 1.8.1 Optimistic Scenario
- 1.8.2 Likely Scenario
- 1.8.3 Conservative Scenario
- 1.9 Opportunity Orbits
- 1.10 Regional Market Share and BPS Analysis
- 1.11 Market Investment Feasibility Index
- 1.12 PEST Analysis
- 1.13 PORTER’S Five Force Analysis
- 1.14 Cost Structure Analysis
- Chapter 1 Global Food Irradiation Market Overview
Request for Customization
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!