Food Extrusion Market By Extruder, By Process (Cold Extrusion And Hot Extrusion), And By Food Product (Savory Snacks, Breakfast Cereals, Bread, And Others ), And Region - Global Forecast To 2028
03rd July 2019
- find_in_page Our Research Methodology is based on the following main points:
- Data Collections and Interpretation
- Data Validation
- Final Projections and Conclusion
The global food extrusion market is expected to value at more than US$ 60 Bn in 2019, and is expected to register a CAGR of 5.3% over the next 10 years. The global food extrusion market report has been segmented on the basis of extruder, process, food product, and region.
Global Food Extrusion Market: Introduction
Food extrusion is a process by which a mix of ingredients is forced through a perforated plate or dye opening to produce food products of desired shape, size, and texture. Cereal chips, croutons, crackers, cheese snacks, and pet feeds are some of the common food products produced by this process.
Global Food Extrusion Market: Dynamics
Global food extrusion market is expected to grow at a significant growth rate of 5.3% over the forecast period. Rapidly growing global population, rapid industrialization, globalization, and growing disposable income in various countries are some of the major factors that are expected to drive growth of target market in the years to come.
Development of new technologies, variety in products, strategic packaging and marketing strategies are factors that are expected to support growth of the global food extrusion market. In addition, growing number of working mothers worldwide, especially in developing countries, such as China and India is anticipated to increase demand for processed food. This, in turn, is expected to support growth of the food extrusion market.
Moreover, easy availability of extruded snacks in supermarkets, hypermarkets and retail stores is aiding in increasing sales and revenue for the players in the market. Some of the major players are also focusing on making their products available on E-commerce websites. This helps consumer check for various products available and order online without any hassle. In a way, it helps manufacturers increase brand visibility and increase consumer base. Aforementioned factors are expected to have a positive impact on growth of the global food extrusion market.
However, stringent regulations by government authorities such as US FDA concerning food processing, growing awareness regarding health among individuals and increasing tax on junk foods in certain countries may hamper revenue growth of target market over the forecast period.
Global Food Extrusion Market Analysis, by Extruder:
Currently, among the extruder segments, the twin screw extruders segment dominates in the global food extrusion market in terms of revenue and is expected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period with highest CAGR of over 5.2%.
Global Food Extrusion Market Analysis, by Process:
Currently, among process segments, the hot extrusion process segment dominates in the global food extrusion market in terms of revenue. However, the cold extrusion process segment is projected to register comparatively higher CAGR of over 5.1% which is higher than that for cold extrusion process.
Global Food Extrusion Market Analysis, by Food Product:
Currently, among segments based on food products, the savory snacks segment occupies lead position with respect to revenue share in the global food extrusion market. Furthermore, the savory segment is expected to register higher growth rate of over 5.4%, when compared to other food product segments.
Global Food Extrusion Market Analysis, by Region:
Currently, Asia Pacific market dominates with major share in terms of revenue in the global food extrusion market, and is projected to sustain its dominance over the forecast period with highest CAGR of over 5.3%. This can be attributable to increasing globalization, rising preference for fast food or ready-to-eat food products, and growing per capita income and spending capacity among individuals in countries in the region. In addition, rising preference for extruded snacks of different size and shapes, especially by younger population and toddlers is expected to drive demand for food extrusion and support market growth.
The market in North America is expected to account for second-highest share in terms of revenue in the target market, owing to presence of large number of players in the countries in the region, and constantly increasing preference for ready-to-eat and ready-to-cook packed food products.
For instance, according to PastaFits Organization:
- Collectively, the US consumes 5.95 Bn pounds of pasta per year
- An average American consumes approximately 20 Lbs. of pasta annually. This makes it the 6th highest food per capita in the country.
Moreover, according to United States Census Bureau, 14 March 2019 was celebrated as National Potato Chip Day.
The Europe market is estimated to account for moderate revenue share and is projected to register moderate CAGR over the forecast period.
The markets in Latin America and Middle East & Africa are expected to hold comparatively lower revenue shares in the global food extrusion market. However, the markets can prove to be beneficial to manufacturers as the overall cost of production will be low thereby increasing the profit margins.
Some Key developments by major players in global food extrusion market include:
- In 2018, PepsiCo, Inc. announced launch of branded extruded snacks and potato chips, in order to cater to rising demand for healthy snacks among health-conscious consumers.
- In 2018, Snyder’s Bakery acquired US-based G&S Foods/Tastysnack Quality Foods, Inc., in order to expand its extruded and enrobed product offerings.
- In 2019, E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, commonly referred to as DuPont, launched six new plant-based protein nuggets from its SUPRO and TRUPRO product range. Plant-based protein nuggets or crisps are extruded ingredients commonly used in nutrition bars, snacks and cereals to increase protein content while delivering a crispy, crunchy texture.
Global Food Extrusion Market Segmentation:
Segmentation by, Extruder:
- Single Screw Extruders
- Twin Screw Extruders
- Contra Twin Screw Extruders
Segmentation by, Process:
- Cold Extrusion
- Hot Extrusion
Segmentation by, Food Product:
- Savory Snacks
- Breakfast Cereals
- Flours & Starches
- Textured Protein
- Functional Ingredients
Segmentation by, Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Ralston Foods Inc.
- Intersnack Group GmbH & Co. KG
- Frito-Lay North America, Inc.
- Clextral SAS
- Leng D'or S.A
- Europe Snacks SAS
- The Kellogg Company
- Michael Foods, Inc.
- Calbee Inc.
- Eat REAL
- 1.1 Report Assumptions
- 1.2 Research Methodology
- 18.104.22.168 Abbreviations
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Executive Summary
- 2.3 Drivers
- 2.4 Restraints
- 2.5 Opportunities
- 2.6 Trends
- 2.7 Global Food Extrusion Market Outlook (2012–2028)
- 2.7.1 Global Food Extrusion Revenue (US$ Mn) (2012–2019)
- 2.7.2 Global Food Extrusion Revenue (US$ Mn) (2020–2028)
- 2.8 Global Food Extrusion Revenue by Region
- 2.8.1 Global Food Extrusion Revenue (US$ Mn) Comparison, by Region (2012–2019)
- 2.8.2 Global Food Extrusion Revenue (US$ Mn) Comparison, by Region (2020–2028)
- 2.9 Global Food Extrusion Revenue by Extruder
Request for Customization
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!