Fitness Equipment Market By Type (Cardiovascular Training Equipment, Strength Training Equipment, Others) By Application (Health Clubs, Home Consumers, Others) and By Region - Global Forecast To 2026
25 January 2018
find_in_page Our Research Methodology is based on the following main points:
- Data Collections and Interpretation
- Data Validation
- Final Projections and Conclusion
The global fitness equipment market is projected to reach a value of over US$ 15,500 Mn in 2026 at a CAGR of 4.1% over the forecast period. The report offers in-depth insights, revenue details, and other vital information regarding the global fitness equipment market and the various trends, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the target market till 2026. The report also offers insightful and detailed information regarding the various key players operating in the global fitness equipment market, and their financials, apart from strategies, acquisitions & mergers, and market footprint. The global fitness equipment market is segmented on the basis of type, end user, and region.
Fitness equipment includes machines which are used during physical activity which helps to maintain overall body weight, improve physical stamina, and to develop muscular strength. Fitness equipment includes treadmills, free weights, weight machines, elliptical trainers, and many more. Fitness equipment helps individuals to attain fitness, is a state-of-being individually defined. Moreover, manufacturers are engaged in developing innovative products and health clubs are involved in routinely upgrade to the latest technology which is available in the market. Innovation in fitness equipment include that is easier to use and gentler on body, can measure heart rate on monitors built into cardiovascular machines, track workouts of individuals, and keeps track of how many calories burnt.
Global Fitness Equipment Market Dynamics:
Increasing incidence of obesity, and chronic heart diseases across the globe coupled with rising awareness regarding health & fitness is expected to drive growth of the global fitness equipment market. In addition, increasing number of fitness centers that offers various packages & discounts for weight loss, and health fitness programs is another factor expected to propel growth of the global fitness equipment market to a significant extent.
Report Coverage and Deliverables
However, high cost of equipment is a key factor expected to restrain growth of the global fitness equipment market. Additionally, shifting preferences towards traditional techniques to exercise such as aerobics, yoga, and swimming which do not require heavy equipment is another factor expected to hamper growth of the global fitness equipment market over the forecast period. Furthermore, availability of second-hand fitness equipment is another factor hampering market growth as it provides fitness equipment to start-up gyms & fitness centers and in-house users at relatively much lower prices.
Increasing consciousness regarding health and appearance among the individuals to live healthy and disease free life is expected to create high potential revenue opportunities for existing players as well as new entrants in target market.
Market Analysis by Type:
On the basis of type segmentation, cardiovascular training equipment segment is expected to contribute major revenue share and witness highest CAGR of over 3%, in terms of revenue over the forecast period, owing to its increasing penetration in developed markets such as the US and Europe.
Increasing obese population is supporting growth of target market to a significant extent. According to a study conducted by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2012, stated that 34.9% of US adults are obese. According to a survey analysis conducted in 2015, Arkansas, West Virginia, and Mississippi reported obesity rates exceeding 35%, which has led to relatively higher adoption of cardiovascular equipment.
The strength training equipment segment in the global fitness equipment market is estimated to account for major revenue share over the forecast period.
Among type segment, the others segment in the global fitness equipment market include body analyzers, and activity monitors.
Analysis by End User:
Among end user segments, health clubs/gyms segment is expected to register highest CAGR of over 4.0%, owing to increasing number of health clubs/gyms globally and their attractive membership price and services offerings.
Among end user segments, other segment includes hotels, corporate offices, hospitals & medical centers, and public institutions – schools and colleges
Analysis by Region:
North America market is expected to dominate the global fitness equipment market, and accounts for largest market revenue share of over US$ 3,000 million in 2017 as compared to that of markets in other regions. Dominance by North America market is expected to continue over the forecast period owing to rising demand for fitness and service equipment, rising disposable income, and inclination towards healthy living among individuals in countries such as the US and Canada. Other factors include presence of leading fitness equipment manufacturers in these countries, and increasing consumer base adopting fitness equipment in countries in this region.
Furthermore, growing number of health and fitness clubs, coupled with increasing number of individuals getting fitness club membership in countries in North America is fueling growth to the North America fitness equipment market to a significant extent, and this trend is expected to continue in near future. Technological advancements in fitness equipment, coupled with prominent manufacturers developing new fitness equipment are other major factors expected to boost growth of the North America fitness equipment market over the forecast period. In 2017 for instance, Body-Solid, Inc. launched Powerline Power Rack (PPR200) with additional features such as 18 adjustment levels, 41" wide knurled chinning bar, freeweight plates, bars, and collars optional.
Revenue contribution of the US market in the North America fitness equipment market is 7.2 times that that of the revenue contribution by the Canada market.
In 2016, Europe accounted for the second largest revenue share contribution to the global fitness equipment market followed by markets in Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle east & Africa respectively. Increasing number of prominent multinational fitness clubs, and growing awareness about health and fitness among individuals are key factors fueling growth of the Europe fitness equipment market currently. Moreover, increasing demand for cost-effective and innovative fitness equipment, and high obesity levels among individuals in countries in the region are other factors expected to contribute growth of the Europe fitness equipment market over the forecast period. Increasing government initiative towards promotion of physical fitness is another factor expected to result in growth of the market in Europe registering a rapidly expanding CAGR over the forecast period.
Development of energy-efficient compressor technology by prominent OEMs is another major factor expected to result in the market in Europe registering a rapidly expanding CAGR over the forecast period.
Prominent fitness club operators in the market are involved in merger and acquisition activities to expand their network and market presence in countries in the region. This is another factor expected to fuel growth of the Europe fitness equipment market over the forecast period.
The market in Asia Pacific is expected to witness considerable growth and is expected to register highest CAGR of 4.0% over the forecast period, owing to rising demand for rugged, multi-functional fitness equipment, and increase in disposable income in emerging economies such as India, China, and Japan.
Revenue contribution from the Japan market in 2016, was 1.3 times greater than that of revenue contributed from the India market in the Asia Pacific fitness equipment market.
Global Fitness Equipment Market Segmentation:
Global fitness equipment market segmentation, by type:
- Cardiovascular Training Equipment
- Strength Training Equipment
Global fitness equipment market segmentation, by end user:
- Health Clubs
- Home Consumers
Global fitness equipment market segmentation, by region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- The Brunswick Corporation
- Johnson Health Tech Co. Ltd.
- Technogym S.p.A.
- Amer Sports Corporation
- Nautilus, Inc.
- Cybex International Inc.
- Elliptigo Inc.
- NordikTrack Inc.
- Body-Solid Inc.
- Torque Fitness LLC
1.0 Chapter 1
- 1.1 Preface
- 1.2 Assumptions
- 1.3 Abbreviations
- 2.1 Report Description
- 2.1.1 Market Definition and Scope
- 2.1.2 Opportunity Map Analysis
- 2.2 Executive Summary
- 2.2.1 Market Snapshot, By Type
- 2.2.2 Market Snapshot, By End User
- 2.2.3 Market Snapshot, By Region
- 3.1 Global Fitness Equipment Market Dynamics
- 3.1.1 Drivers
- 3.1.2 Restraints
- 3.1.3 Opportunities
- 3.1.4 Trends
- 3.1.5 Drivers & Restraints Impact Analysis
- 3.1.6 Emerging Trends
- 3.1.7 Regulatory Scenarios
- 3.1.8 Technology and Innovation Landscape
- 3.1.9 Recent Technological Advancements
- 3.1.10 Supply Chain Analysis
- 3.1.11 Adoption Matrix: Fitness Equipment
- 3.1.12 Positioning Map of Fitness Equipment
- 3.1.13 PEST Analysis
- 3.1.14 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- 3.1.15 Fitness Equipment Usage (%), By Age Group
- 4.0.1 Global Fitness Equipment Market Analysis, by Type
- 4.0.2 Overview
- 4.0.3 Segment Trends
- 4.0.4 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.1 Cardiovascular Training Equipment
- 4.1.1 Overview
- 4.1.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.2 Strength Training Equipment
- 4.2.1 Overview
- 4.2.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.3 Others
- 4.3.1 Overview
- 4.3.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.0.1 Global Fitness Equipment Market Analysis, by End User
- 5.0.2 Overview
- 5.0.3 Segment Trends
- 5.0.4 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.1 Health Clubs
- 5.1.1 Overview
- 5.1.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.2 Home Consumers
- 5.2.1 Overview
- 5.2.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.3 Other Commercial Users
- 5.3.1 Overview
- 5.3.2 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.0.1 Global Fitness Equipment Market Analysis, by Region
- 6.0.2 Overview
- 6.0.3 Regional Trends
- 6.0.4 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.0.5 Market Attractiveness Index
- 6.1 North America
- 6.1.1 Overview
- 6.1.2 Country Trends
- 6.1.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.1.4 Distributor/Supplier list by Region
- 6.1.5 U.S.
- 220.127.116.11 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.1.6 Canada
- 18.104.22.168 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.2 Europe
- 6.2.1 Overview
- 6.2.2 Country Trends
- 6.2.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016-2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.2.4 Distributor/Supplier list by Region
- 6.2.5 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.2.6 France
- 126.96.36.199 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.2.7 UK
- 188.8.131.52 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.2.8 Russia
- 184.108.40.206 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.2.9 Italy
- 220.127.116.11 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.2.10 Rest of Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.3 Asia Pacific
- 6.3.1 Overview
- 6.3.2 Country Trends
- 6.3.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.3.4 Distributor/Supplier list by Region
- 6.3.5 China
- 22.214.171.124 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.3.6 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.3.7 Australia
- 188.8.131.52 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.3.8 India
- 184.108.40.206 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.3.9 Rest of APAC
- 220.127.116.11 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.4 Latin America
- 6.4.1 Overview
- 6.4.2 Country Trends
- 6.4.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.4.4 Distributor/Supplier list by Region
- 6.4.5 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.4.6 Mexico
- 22.214.171.124 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.4.7 Rest of Latin America
- 126.96.36.199 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.5 Middle East & Africa
- 6.5.1 Overview
- 6.5.2 Country Trends
- 6.5.3 Market Share and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.5.4 Distributor/Supplier list by Region
- 6.5.5 GCC
- 188.8.131.52 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.5.6 Israel
- 184.108.40.206 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.5.7 South Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.5.8 Rest of Middle East & Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Market Value and Forecast, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 7.0.1 Company Profiles
- 7.0.2 Market Share Analysis, by Brands
- 7.0.3 Heat Map Analysis
- 7.1 The Brunswick Corporation
- 7.1.1 Company Overview
- 7.1.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.1.3 Financial Overview
- 7.1.4 Key Developments
- 7.1.5 SWOT Analysis
- 7.2 Johnson Health Tech Co. Ltd.
- 7.2.1 Company Overview
- 7.2.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.2.3 Financial Overview
- 7.2.4 Key Developments
- 7.2.5 SWOT Analysis
- 7.3 Technogym S.p.A.
- 7.3.1 Company Overview
- 7.3.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.3.3 Financial Overview
- 7.3.4 Key Developments
- 7.3.5 SWOT Analysis
- 7.4 Amer Sports Corporation
- 7.4.1 Company Overview
- 7.4.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.4.3 Financial Overview
- 7.4.4 Key Developments
- 7.4.5 SWOT Analysis
- 7.5 Nautilus, Inc.
- 7.5.1 Company Overview
- 7.5.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.5.3 Financial Overview
- 7.5.4 Key Developments
- 7.5.5 SWOT Analysis
- 7.6 Cybex International Inc.
- 7.6.1 Company Overview
- 7.6.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.6.3 Financial Overview
- 7.6.4 Key Developments
- 7.6.5 SWOT Analysis
- 7.7 Elliptigo Inc.
- 7.7.1 Company Overview
- 7.7.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.7.3 Financial Overview
- 7.7.4 Key Developments
- 7.7.5 SWOT Analysis
- 7.8 NordicTrack Inc.
- 7.8.1 Company Overview
- 7.8.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.8.3 Financial Overview
- 7.8.4 Key Developments
- 7.8.5 SWOT Analysis
- 7.9 Body-Solid Inc.
- 7.9.1 Company Overview
- 7.9.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.9.3 Financial Overview
- 7.9.4 Key Developments
- 7.9.5 SWOT Analysis
- 7.10 Torque Fitness LLC
- 7.10.1 Company Overview
- 7.10.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.10.3 Financial Overview
- 7.10.4 Key Developments
- 7.10.5 SWOT Analysis
- 8.1 Research Methodology
- 8.2 About Us
Why Choose Us
- 360 Degree Approach
- Growth Consulting
- 24/7 Research Support
- Comprehensive-Level of Customization
- Comprehensive-Level of Customization
- Competitive Intelligence
- Single-Country/ Region Intelligence
- Post-Sale Service Assistance
- Access to Lead Analysts
- Available in PDF, Excel, Word/ PPT
Secondary Research: An exhaustive secondary research is carried through both paid and free sources. It involves understanding critical data related to the market. Sources for secondary research include: Government websites Industry Associations Trade & Research Journals Company websites (annual reports, press releases, product brochures, etc. Import-Export Data Factiva, Morningstar, etc. Primary Research: Extensive interviews are held with key market participants through email interactions, online surveys, paid telephonic interviews, face-to-face interviews, etc., to gain a perspective on the market conditions, trends, developments, challenges, etc. Sources for primary research include: CXOs, Global Heads, VPs, Sales/ Purchase/ Product Managers of Key Market Players Distributors, Wholesalers, Retailers, Vendors of Products and Services End-Users belonging to each application industry
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) and Industry Experts: are credible, well-respected influencers in each industry with proven expertise and thought-leadership in the particular field, with a sound knowledge of the industry. We validate our initial research findings with these experts and try to understand their aspect to gain a deeper understanding of the current market trends, competitive landscape, market scope, disruptive technologies, etc. This helps us validate and strengthen our research findings, enhance the team’s expertise, and offer a clear understanding of the target market. All possible factors that influence the market are taken into consideration, such as: Capacity and Production Average Selling Price Total Customer Base Regulatory and Policy Changes Economic factors – Population, GDP, GDP Growth Rate, Inflation, Investments, etc
Triangulation and Analysis: Post collection of the data from all sources and validation from industry experts, we triangulate the market with both a top-down and bottom-up approaches to eliminate any margin for errors. These methods aid us in estimating the market size, market share of manufacturers, regions segments, product segments and applications (end users). In-house Data Modeling Tool: our proprietary data modeling tool is designed to apply a combination of methods to provide accurate market size with the historical and forecasted data and growth rates. The percentage splits, Market Share (%), and breakdowns of the product segments are derived based on weightage assigned to each of the segments based on their utilization rate and average sale price. The regional splits of the overall target market and its sub-segments are based on the given product's percentage adoption or penetration rate in the respective region or country.
Final Presentation: After the triangulation and analysis, we derive the market engineering data with the breakdown for all product segments, applications, and regions. The final report, along with the market dynamics, key USPs of the market are presented in a graphical and tabular format to provide a clear understanding to the client and provide a quick snapshot regarding the market, with the additional data to support the market estimations. .
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!