Fiber Bragg Grating Market By Product Type (Uniform Fiber Bragg Grating, Non-Uniform Fiber Bragg Grating) By Application (Optical Fiber Communications, Optical Fiber Sensing, Optical Information Processing) and Region - Global Forecast to 2026
23 March 2018
find_in_page Our Research Methodology is based on the following main points:
- Data Collections and Interpretation
- Data Validation
- Final Projections and Conclusion
The global fiber Bragg grating market is estimated to value US$ 0.5 Bn in 2017 and is expected to register a CAGR of 15.0% in terms of value during the forecast period 2017–2026. The report offers in-depth insights, revenue details, and other vital information regarding the global fiber Bragg grating market, and the various trends, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the target market till 2026. The report includes PEST analysis, Porter’s Five Forces analysis, and opportunity map analysis for in-depth understanding of the market. The report offers insightful and detailed information regarding the various key players operating in the global fiber Bragg grating market, their financials, technological innovations, key developments, apart from future strategies, SWOT analysis, acquisitions & mergers, and market footprint. The global fiber Bragg grating market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and region /country.
A fiber Bragg grating (FBG) is a type of distributed Bragg reflector fabricated in a short segment of optical fiber which acts as a filter that reflects particular wavelengths of light and transmits all others. Fiber Bragg grating (FBG) is a type of reflector placed in optical fiber that reflects particular wavelength of light and transmits the required one. FGBs are made by exposing the core of single-mode fiber to a periodic pattern of high ultraviolet light. This produces a permanent increase in refractive index, creating a fixed index modulation according to exposure pattern.
Global Fiber Bragg Grating Market Dynamics:
Continuous improvements related to fiber Bragg grating writing system, i.e. flexible automation of fiber and mask handling design, is expected to result in increased demand for fiber Bragg grating, as it is widely used in optical sensing applications. Besides fiber Bragg gratings have several applications in telecommunications and oil & gas industries, application scope is also wide and increasing for smart manufacturing and non-destructive testing, which includes composites, laminates, etc. It is also widely used in pressure, strain, and temperature sensing.
Report Coverage and Deliverables
Technological advancements such as use of Draw-tower process in manufacturing of fiber Bragg grating is in turn resulting in production of higher quality fiber Bragg grating arrays and arrays of different Bragg periods.
Fiber Bragg grating lacks appropriate sensitivity, correct dynamic range, and adherence to engineering standards which can limit use of fiber Bragg gratings. In addition, fiber Bragg grating is not easily replaceable without disturbing continuity and functionality of networks, which is expected to hamper growth of the global fiber Bragg grating market.
Fiber-optic connectivity is proving beneficial to organizations that use cloud-based services for apps or data storage. Fiber, coupled with voice-over-IP (VoIP) telephony, is a powerful combination for business communications. As a result, an increasing number of companies are opting for various combinations to improve operations, productivity, and efficiency of business.
Market Analysis by Fiber Bragg Grating Product Type:
Among the product type segments, uniform fiber Bragg grating type segment in the global fiber Bragg grating market is estimated to register a CAGR of over 14% over the forecast period. This can be attributed to increasing adoption of acrylic fiber Bragg grating due to its strong wavelength reflected as it satisfies the Bragg condition.
The non-uniform fiber Bragg grating segment in the global fiber Bragg grating market is estimated to account for revenue share of over 40%, owing to its increasing use of chirped fiber Bragg grating in various applications, including in telecom, sensing, instrumentation, and microwave photonic is estimated to boost revenue growth of the non-uniform fiber Bragg grating segment over the forecast period. Non-uniform fiber Bragg grating includes chirped fiber Bragg grating, Gaussian Apodized, and zero-mean Gaussian.
Analysis by Application:
On the basis of application segments, optical fiber sensing segment is projected to register highest CAGR of over 15% owing to factors such as fiber Bragg grating sensors’ ability to overcome challenges associated with electrical sensing such as being lightweight, miniaturized, and having low thermal conductivity, etc.
Revenue year-on-year growth of industrial segment in the global fiber Bragg grating market is estimated to increase moderately during the forecast period. This is owing to increasing demand for optical fiber sensors from the oil and gas industry and construction sector for structural health monitoring is further expected to support growth of the segment over the forecast period.
Use of sensors in optical fiber for measurement as proximity, acceleration, vibration, strain, chemical pressure, liquid level, etc. are other factors expected to drive demand and adoption.
Analysis by Region /Country:
Growth of the fiber Bragg grating market in Europe is forecasted to expand steadily in the near future. The market in developing countries in Asia Pacific is witnessing fastest growth for fiber Bragg grating market. The growth in Asia Pacific market is expected to be driven by increasing demand for fiber Bragg grating in countries such as India and China.
China market is expected to dominate the global fiber Bragg grating market and revenue year on year growth of the China market is expected to increase rapidly during the forecast period, as compared to that of markets in other regions. In China, fiber Bragg grating is used in large span bridges to monitor structure health to ensure structure integrity, as bridges are a major component to maintain efficient road and transportation connectivity in the country. According to the European Commission, Europe is the second-largest producer of petroleum products and accounts for 16% of global refining capacity. Use of fiber Bragg grating for obtaining geological information in the oil & gas industry is expected to further drive growth of the fiber Bragg grating market in Europe over the forecast period.
E-commerce, e-government, and e-learning platforms are major end-use applications requiring high broadband network connections in various countries in the region, which is expected to drive growth of the global fiber Bragg grating market in the near future.
Presence of prominent manufacturers in various countries, and increasing applications of fiber Bragg grating in government sector are major factors projected to boost growth of the global fiber Bragg grating market over the forecast period.
Market Segmentation of Global Fiber Bragg Grating Market:
Segmentation by product type:
- Uniform Fiber Bragg Grating
- Non-Uniform Fiber Bragg Grating
Segmentation by application:
- Optical Fiber Communications
- Optical Fiber Sensing
- Optical Information Processing
Segmentation by region/country:
- South Korea
- TECHNICA OPTICAL COMPONENTS LLC
- AOS GmbH
- Ascentta, Inc.
- FORC — Photonics
- Hottinger Baldwin Messtechnik GmbH
- ITF Technologies Inc.
- FBGS Technologies GmbH
- ADVANCED PHOTONICS INTERNATIONAL INC.
- Micron Optics, Inc.
- Smart Fibers Ltd.
- IDIL Optical Fibers
- iXBlue Photonics
- O/E Land Inc.
- Hexatronic Group AB (publ)
- QPS Photronics Inc.
- TeraXion, Inc.
- Raysung photonics Inc.
- Timbercon, Inc.
- INFIBRA TECHNOLOGIES Srl
1.0 Chapter 1
- 1.1 Preface
- 1.2 Assumptions
- 1.3 Abbreviations
- 2.1 Report Description
- 2.1.1 Market Definition and Scope
- 2.2 Executive Summary
- 2.2.1 Market Snapshot, By Product Type
- 2.2.2 Market Snapshot, By Application
- 2.2.3 Market Snapshot, By Country/Region
- 2.2.4 Prudour Opportunity Map Analysis
- 3.0.1 Global Fiber Bragg Grating Market Dynamics
- 3.0.2 Drivers (D)
- 3.0.3 Restraints (R)
- 3.0.4 Opportunities
- 3.0.5 Trends
- 3.0.6 DR Impact Analysis
- 3.0.7 PEST Analysis
- 3.0.8 PORTER’S Five Forces Analysis
- 3.0.9 Industry Supply Chain Analysis
- 3.0.10 Value Chain Analysis
- 3.0.11 Raw Materials Sourcing
- 3.0.12 Manufacturing Cost Structure Overview
- 3.0.13 Fiber Bragg Grating Benefits/Features Overview
- 3.0.14 Global Optical Fiber Cable Demand Overview
- 3.0.15 Comparative Analysis of Fiber Optic and Copper Cabling
- 3.0.16 Global Fiber Bragg Grating Average Selling Price Analysis, 2016–2026
- 4.0.1 Global Fiber Bragg Grating Market Analysis, by Product Type
- 4.0.2 Overview
- 4.0.3 Segment Trends
- 4.0.4 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.0.5 Market Volume and Forecast, 2016–2026, (Mn Units)
- 4.1 Uniform Fiber Bragg Grating
- 4.1.1 Overview
- 4.1.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 4.2 Non-Uniform Fiber Bragg Grating
- 4.2.1 Overview
- 4.2.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.0.1 Global Fiber Bragg Grating Market Analysis, by Application
- 5.0.2 Overview
- 5.0.3 Segment Trends
- 5.0.4 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.0.5 Market Volume and Forecast, 2016–2026, (Mn Units)
- 5.1 Optical Fiber Communications
- 5.1.1 Overview
- 5.1.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.2 Optical Fiber Sensing
- 5.2.1 Overview
- 5.2.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 5.3 Optical Information Processing
- 5.3.1 Overview
- 5.3.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 6.0.1 Global Fiber Bragg Grating Import–Export Overview, by Country/Region
- 6.0.2 Import Value, by Country
- 6.0.3 Export Value, by Country
- 7.0.1 Global Fiber Bragg Grating Market Analysis, by Country/Region
- 7.0.2 Global Fiber Connections in Total Broadband Subscriptions, by Country – 2017
- 7.0.3 Global Fiber Connections in Total Broadband Subscriptions, by Country – 2015
- 7.0.4 Global Broadband Subscriptions, by Technology – 2017
- 7.0.5 Global Fixed Broadband Subscriptions Overview, by Technology
- 7.0.6 Global Mobile Broadband Subscriptions Overview, by Application
- 7.0.7 Global Fiber Subscriptions Growth Overview, by Country
- 7.0.8 Global Fiber Broadband Adoption Overview
- 7.0.9 Global Broadband Technology Overview, by Region
- 7.0.10 VDSL and FTTH/B Subscribers Overview, by Leading Countries
- 7.0.11 Overview
- 7.0.12 Regional/Country Trends
- 7.0.13 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 7.0.14 Market Volume and Forecast, 2016–2026, (Mn Units)
- 7.1 US
- 7.1.1 Overview
- 7.1.2 Country Trends
- 7.1.3 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 7.2 China
- 7.2.1 Overview
- 7.2.2 Country Trends
- 7.2.3 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 7.3 Europe
- 7.3.1 Overview
- 7.3.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 7.3.3 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 7.4 Japan
- 7.4.1 Overview
- 7.4.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 7.4.3 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 7.5 South Korea
- 7.5.1 Overview
- 7.5.2 Country Trends
- 7.5.3 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 7.6 Taiwan
- 7.6.1 Overview
- 7.6.2 Country Trends
- 7.6.3 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2016–2026, (US$ Mn)
- 8.0.1 Competitive Analysis
- 8.0.2 Manufacturing Base Overview, by Company
- 8.1 Vendor/Suppliers Overview
- 8.1.1 Fiber Bragg Grating Distributors/ Suppliers
- 9.0.1 Company Profiles
- 9.1 TECHNICA OPTICAL COMPONENTS LLC
- 9.1.1 Company Overview
- 9.1.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.2 AOS GmbH
- 9.2.1 Company Overview
- 9.2.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.3 Ascentta, Inc.
- 9.3.1 Company Overview
- 9.3.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.4 FORC — Photonics
- 9.4.1 Company Overview
- 9.4.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.5 Hottinger Baldwin Messtechnik GmbH
- 9.5.1 Company Overview
- 9.5.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.6 ITF Technologies Inc.
- 9.6.1 Company Overview
- 9.6.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.7 FBGS Technologies GmbH
- 9.7.1 Company Overview
- 9.7.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.8 ADVANCED PHOTONICS INTERNATIONAL INC.
- 9.8.1 Company Overview
- 9.8.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.9 Micron Optics, Inc.
- 9.9.1 Company Overview
- 9.9.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.10. Smart Fibres Ltd.
- 9.10.1 Company Overview
- 9.11 IDIL Optical Fibers
- 9.11.1 Company Overview
- 9.11.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.12 iXBlue Photonics
- 9.12.1 Company Overview
- 9.12.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.13 O/E Land Inc.
- 9.13.1 Company Overview
- 9.13.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.14 Optromix
- 9.14.1 Company Overview
- 9.14.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.15 Hexatronic Group AB (publ)
- 9.15.1 Company Overview
- 9.15.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.15.3 Financial Overview
- 9.16 QPS Photronics Inc.
- 9.16.1 Company Overview
- 9.16.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.17 TeraXion, Inc.
- 9.17.1 Company Overview
- 9.17.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.18 Raysung photonics Inc.,
- 9.18.1 Company Overview
- 9.18.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.18.3 Key Developments
- 9.19 Timbercon, Inc.
- 9.19.1 Company Overview
- 9.19.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.20 INFIBRA TECHNOLOGIES Srl
- 9.20.1 Company Overview
- 9.20.2 Product Portfolio
- 9.20.3 Recent Developments
- 10.0.1 Global Fiber Bragg Grating Market - End-user Profiles
- 10.1 Corning Inc.
- 10.0.1 Company Overview
- 10.0.2 Product Portfolio
- 10.0.3 Financial Overview
- 10.2 Fujikura Ltd.
- 10.2.1 Company Overview
- 10.2.2 Product Portfolio
- 10.2.3 Financial Overview
- 10.3 Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd.
- 10.3.1 Company Overview
- 10.3.2 Product Portfolio
- 10.3.3 Financial Overview
- 10.4 Leoni AG
- 10.4.1 Company Overview
- 10.4.2 Product Portfolio
- 10.4.3 Financial Overview
- 10.5 Nufern, Inc.
- 10.5.1 Company Overview
- 10.5.2 Product Portfolio
- 10.6 INO
- 10.6.1 Company Overview
- 10.6.2 Product Portfolio
- 10.7 FiberHome
- 10.7.1 Company Overview
- 10.7.2 Product Portfolio
- 10.8 Tongding Group Co., Ltd.
- 10.8.1 Company Overview
- 10.8.2 Product Portfolio
- 11.0.1 Research Methodology
- 11.0.2 About Us
- 11.0.3 Disclaimer
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!