Europe DTH Drill Rigs Market By Type (Crawler, And Wheel), By Application, And By Country - Forecast From 2020 To 2029
19th September 2019
find_in_page Our Research Methodology is based on the following main points:
- Data Collections and Interpretation
- Data Validation
- Final Projections and Conclusion
Revenue from the Europe DTH drill rigs market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 3.6% and is projected to reach a value of over US$ 0.3 Bn in 2029. The Europe DTH drill rigs market report has been segmented on the basis of type, application, and country.
DTH is the acronym for down-the-hole, and is a method designed and developed to drill holes of large diameters in the surface in downward direction. It is used to drill into the earth, stones, most types of rocks, etc. DTH drilling is widely used in the industries such as mining as well as in construction sector for drilling water wells, pylon hole or foundation drilling in construction and infrastructure applications, as well as for a range of applications in the oil & gas sector. DTH drilling employs two processes. This includes a rotating drill string while at the same time the hammer head continuously striking down in the surface. The piston powered hammer is driven with the help of compressed air, and this combined with a rotary motion enables entering the rock. The resulting powder and rock granules or slurry is ejected from the hole by compressed air, water, and/or other lubricating materials.
Dynamics: Europe DTH Drill Rigs Market
Increasing demand and adoption of natural resources and minerals in European countries is resulting in rising number of mining activities and thus higher adoption of the equipment for extracting various materials from or under the surface of the earth. This is among the major factors projected to propel growth of the Europe market. Rapidly developing oil & gas industry and construction and infrastructural development activities in countries in the Europe is a factor expected to increase demand for DTH drill rigs. This is expected to drive growth of the target market. Currently, mining activities are highly driven by growing per capita income in countries such as the UK, Germany, and others resulting in increasing demand for real assets such as gold, diamond, etc. and is expected to support growth of the target market. Increasing focus of manufacturers on technological advancements in the industry is expected to fuel growth of the Europe DTH drill rigs market to a significant extent in the years to come. Increasing number of new construction and reconstruction activities in residential and non-residential sectors due to increasing urbanization and industrialization, is fueling growth of the Europe DTH drill rigs market.
High cost of initial installation of down-the-hole drill rigs equipment is a major factor that could hinder growth of the target market. Stringent government regulations associated with construction and mining activities is additional major factor hampering Europe market growth. The adverse environmental impact of down-the-hole drill process can occur at local, and regional levels that may lead to erosion, sinkholes, biodiversity loss, and contamination of the soil, groundwater, and surface water by chemicals from mining processes. The aforementioned factors could hamper growth of the Europe DTH drill rigs market in the coming years.
Segment Analysis: Europe DTH Drill Rigs Market
Insights by Type:
The crawler type segment is estimated to be the most lucrative segment in the Europe DTH drill rigs market with an attractiveness index of 7.6 and the segment is projected to register a CAGR of over 3.5%.
Insights by Application:
The construction industry segment is estimated to be the most lucrative segment in the Europe DTH drill rigs market with an attractiveness index of 9.1 and the segment is projected to register a CAGR of over 3.7%.
Analysis by Country: Europe DTH Drill Rigs Market
France DTH drill rigs market is expected to record highest revenue share in the Europe market and is projected to register highest CAGR of more than 4.4% over the next 10 years. The DTH drill rigs markets in Germany and Spain are projected to follow the France market in terms of revenue contribution in the Europe DTH drill rigs market.
Recent Developments in the Market:
Caterpillar, Inc. Year 2019:
- Corporate Changes/Expansions; In February, Caterpillar to expand its digital team in its Chicago office.
- Contracts/Agreements; In April, Caterpillar signed an agreement with Weiler Forestry to sell its purpose-built forestry business.
- Contracts/Agreements; In May, Caterpillar signed a contract with Funrise Inc. to manufacture and distribute a line of toys.
Caterpillar, Inc. Year 2018:
- New Products/Services; In February, the company updated its portfolio of remanufactured short blocks, long blocks and engines for the marine industry.
- Contracts/Agreements; In February, Caterpillar and Minetec entered into an agreement to develop and deliver technologies addressing underground hard rock mining challenges.
- New Products/Services; In February, the company announced to upgrade the Cat Reman Marine 3116 and 3126 model engines which range from 300 to 420 bhp.
Europe DTH Drill Rigs Market Segmentation:
Segmentation based on Type:
- Crawler Type
- Wheel Type
Segmentation based on Application:
Segmentation based on Country:
- Rest of Europe
- Liebherr Group
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Sandvik AB.
- Trevi-Finanziaria Industriale S.p.A. (Soilmec S.p.A.)
- Bauer AG (Bauer Maschinen GmbH.)
- Sunward Intelligent Equipment Co., Ltd. (Sunward Europe Heavy Industry NV)
- BBURG International GmbH & Co. KG.
- MAIT S.p.A.
- MAX STREICHER GmbH & Co. Kommanditgesellschaft auf Aktien
- Casagrande S.p.A.
- Chapter 1 Europe DTH Drill Rigs Market Insights
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Taxonomy
- 1.3 Drivers for Europe DTH Drill Rigs Market
- 1.4 Restraints for Europe DTH Drill Rigs Market
- 1.5 Opportunities for Europe DTH Drill Rigs Market
- 1.6 Trends for Europe DTH Drill Rigs Market
- 1.7 PEST Analysis
- 1.8 PORTER’s Five Forces Analysis
- 1.9 Macro-economic Factors
- 1.10 Opportunity Orbits
- 1.11 Opportunity Map Analysis
- 1.11.1 Optimistic Scenario
- 1.11.2 Likely Scenario
- 1.11.3 Conservative Scenario
- Chapter 1 Europe DTH Drill Rigs Market Insights
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Europe DTH drill rigs market is projected to reach a value of around US$ 0.3 Bn in 2029.
The crawler type segment is projected to account for majority revenue share of US$ 152 Mn in the Europe DTH drill rigs market in 2022.
Liebherr Group, Caterpillar Inc., Sandvik AB., Trevi-Finanziaria Industriale S.p.A. (Soilmec S.p.A.), and Bauer AG (Bauer Maschinen GmbH.) are the top five players operating in the global market.
In 2020, France market is expected to contribute highest revenue share of US$ 69.5 Mn in Europe DTH drill rigs market.
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!