Global Energy Distribution and Transmission Market By Product Type, By Mode Of Transmission, And By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, And Middle East & Africa) – Global Forecast From 2020 To 2029
27th August 2019
Global Energy Distribution and Transmission Market – is a published report available at Marketresearch.biz. Revenue from the global energy distribution and transmission market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.1% and is projected to reach a value of over US$ 20 Bn in 2029. The global energy distribution and transmission market is segmented on the basis of product type, mode of transmission, and region.
The energy distribution is the end-stage in the delivery of energy, whereas energy transmission refers to supply of energy from generation site such as power plant to an electrical substation. The connected lines through which power is transmitted are known as transmission network. Further, this energy is transmitted to individual lines in residential or commercial sectors, and this process is known as energy distribution. The transmission system is connected to distribution substations with the help of transformers.
Dynamics: Global Energy Distribution and Transmission Market
The energy distribution and transmission market is projected to register steady growth rate over the 10-year forecast period, due to economic growth in various countries, and increasing urbanization and industrialization. Growing reliance on renewable energy resources is resulting in need to reduce transmission losses, and due to this, government and private players of various countries are focusing on upgrading transmission network with higher voltage. Major international players are working on technical modifications and upgradations of transmission systems in order to sustain against the recurrent nature of renewable energy. Increasing investments to create sustainable energy network, coupled with government initiatives and favorable regulations for implementation of new power grid for renewable energy transmission is expected to further fuel market growth to significant extent.
In addition, plans of manufacturers, with support of the government, to build national grid network, is resulting in expansion of grid lines across international borders, which is expected to impact growth of the target market positively. Development of electric grid infrastructure, combined with shifting consumer preference towards incorporation of smart houses and smart Artificial Intelligence systems is another major factor expected to boost market growth. Rapid shift towards implementation of advanced technologies, high-tech equipment, and controls in the power industry is projected to fuel growth of the market. Also, modernization of grid network and upgradation of old network lines is a key trend observed in the market currently, which is expected to support growth of the target market. Constantly growing population and investments by governments of various countries to provide electricity to rural and remote areas is projected to result in need for energy distribution and transmission network, which in turn in expected to boost target market growth.
Global Energy Distribution and Transmission Market Segment Analysis:
Insights, by Product Type:
The conductors type segment is expected to record highest revenue share in the global market and is projected to register highest CAGR of more than 6.6% over the 10-year forecast period. The transformers segment is expected to follow the conductors segment in terms of revenue share as well as CAGR in the global market.
Method of Transmission:
The overhead lines method of transmission segment is estimated to record largest revenue share in the global market and is projected to register highest CAGR of more than 6% over the next 10 years. This is due to growing emphasis and investments on upgradation of existing grid infrastructure in the developing regions.
Global Energy Distribution and Transmission Market Region Analysis:
The market in the Asia Pacific currently accounts for highest revenue share, and is projected to register highest CAGR of over 6.3% in the global market, followed by Europe, North America, South America, and the Middle East & Africa in terms of revenue share, respectively.
North America Market Insights: The energy distribution and transmission market in North America include countries such as the US, Canada, and Mexico. The North America energy distribution and transmission market is expected to account for substantially high revenue share due to increasing demand and need for uninterrupted power supply in industrial and commercial sector for smooth functioning of operations. Increasing urbanization, growing population, and rising need for supplying power to residential sector is expected to result in higher demand for enhanced power distribution and transmission solutions.
The US market is expected to dominate in North America market, and is projected to register highest CAGR of more than 5.5% over the 10-year forecast period.
Key Developments by Major Players:
ABB Ltd. (Year 2016)
- Contracts/Agreements; ABB won orders worth over $85 million from Hydro-Quebec (HQ) to upgrade its 800-kilovolt (kV) air-insulated switchgear (AIS) substations and transmission grid with state-of-the-art circuit breakers, power transformers and shunt reactors.
- New Products/Services; ABB introduced an electric propulsion system for marine vessels.
- Contracts/Agreements; ABB won an order worth around $35 million from TransnetBW to upgrade a substation in Offenburg, in the southwest German state of Baden-Wuerttemberg.
- Contracts/Agreements; ABB received an order worth $80 million from Rentel NV in Belgium to deliver a cable system. In the same year, the company received an order worth $300 million to supply advanced converter transformers to strengthen China’s power grid and lower environmental impact.
- Contracts/Agreements; ABB received a $130 million order from Great River Energy to upgrade an existing HVDC (high-voltage direct current) connection in the US.
- Contracts/Agreements; The company received an order worth $100 million from Mass Global Holding to deliver a gas-insulated switchgear (GIS) substation. In the same year, ABB also received an order from Valmet Automotive to deliver over 250 robots to produce new Mercedes SUV in Uusikaupunki, Finland.
- Contracts/Agreements; ABB received an order worth $140 million from Energinet.dk in Denmark and 50Hertz Transmission in Germany to design, supply and install an HVDC (high voltage direct current) converter station in Bentwisch, Northern Germany. In the same year, the company received a five-year contract to deliver equipment and services for Shell’s Prelude floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG). Also in the same year, ABB also received an order worth more than $250 million from Danish energy company DONG Energy to deliver a 220-kilovolt (kV) high-voltage cable system.
- Acquisitions/Mergers/Takeovers; ABB acquired SVIA to expand its machine tending portfolio with a wider variety of vision-integrated applications for industries including automotive, plastics and electronics, such as smart phone manufacturing.
Global Energy Distribution and Transmission Market Segmentation:
By Product Type
- Protection Devices
- Other Products
By Method of Transmission:
- Overhead Lines
- Submarine Power Cables
- Underground Cables
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
- ABB Ltd.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- Alstom SA
- Diamond Power Infrastructure Limited
- General Electric Company
- Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
- Schneider Electric SE
- DAIHEN Corporation
- Eaton Corporation plc
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- PFISTERER Group
- ASTOR TRANSFORMER A.S.
- Chapter 1 Global Energy Distribution and Transmission Market Insights
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Global energy distribution and transmission market on the basis of product type, method of transmission, and region:
- 1.3 Drivers of Global Energy Distribution and Transmission Market
- 1.4 Restraints of Global Energy Distribution and Transmission Market
- 1.5 Opportunities for Global Energy Distribution and Transmission Market
- 1.6 Trends of Global Energy Distribution and Transmission Market
- 1.7 Macro-economic Factors
- 1.8 Opportunity Map Analysis
- 1.8.1 Optimistic Scenario:
- 1.8.2 Likely Scenario:
- 1.8.3 Conservative Scenario:
- 1.9 Opportunity Orbits
- 1.10 Market Investment Feasibility Index
- 1.11 Pest Analysis
- 1.12 PORTER’s Five Forces Analysis
- 1.13 Regional Market Share and BPS Analysis
- Chapter 1 Global Energy Distribution and Transmission Market Insights
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
According to the report, the Asia Pacific is projected to account for highest revenue share of over US$ 8 Bn in the global energy distribution and transmission market, in 2025.
ABB Ltd, Schneider Electric SE, and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation are the top three key players in the global energy distribution and transmission market.
Among the product type segment, the conductors segment is expected to register of highest CAGR of more than 6.6% over the forecast period in the North America market.
The global energy distribution and transmission market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.1% over the forecast period.
The overhead lines segment is projected to register highest CAGR of over 6% in the global energy distribution and transmission market.
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!