Ebola Vaccine Market By Virus Strain (Chimpanzee Adeno Virus Type 3-Zaire Ebola Virus, Recombinant Vesicular Stomatitis Virus-Zaire Ebola Virus, And Adeno Virus Serotype 26- Zaire Ebola Virus), and Region - Global Forecast to 2028
3rd June 2019
The global Ebola vaccine market is expected to value at over US$ 0.005 Bn in 2019 and is expected to register a CAGR of 32.8%. The global Ebola vaccine market is segmented on the basis of virus strain and region.
Global Ebola Vaccine Market: Introduction
Ebola hemorrhagic fever (EHF) is also referred as Ebola virus disease (EVD) or Ebola, which causes serious illness and sometimes results in fatality if untreated. After the Ebola virus infection or attack, the human body shows symptoms such as high fever, vomiting, sore throat, diarrhea, headache, and muscular pain. Also, in some cases external or internal bleeding also happens. The vaccine that is used to treat Ebola virus disease is referred as Ebola vaccine.
Global Ebola Vaccine Market: Dynamics
Increasing prevalence of Ebola is a major factor expected to drive growth of the global Ebola vaccine market over the forecast period. In addition, increasing government expenditure for the development of healthcare infrastructure in order to facilitate advanced and cost-effective health services is another factor expected to further support growth of the market to a certain extent. For instance, according to a document published by the World Health Organization (WHO) in November 2018, Congo Ministry of Health announced the launch of randomized control trial (RCT) for Ebola therapeutics.
RCT is used to enroll and treat patients at Ebola treatment centers in Butembo and Beni. Moreover, growing demand for new medical equipment and medicines among end users, coupled with growing investments for R&D activities related to the development of effective medicines are major factors driving growth of the global Ebola vaccine market. Furthermore, increasing clinical trials for finding effective and permanent solutions in order to cure or slow down and prevent diseases is a factor propelling growth of the target market.
However, high-cost associated with research and development activities and product recalls are some factors expected to hamper growth of the target market. Product recalls occurs when medical devices are defective or pose risks to the health of individuals. Product recalls by manufacturers are done in order to address problems related to medical devices that violate or do not adhere or comply with government regulations, as well as the high cost of procedures. In addition, lack of proper reimbursement policies in developing countries and limitations to effective first-line of treatment is another factor that could affect growth of the global market.
Whereas, operational costs of clinical trials are comparatively lower in BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India, and China), and regulatory and ethics filings process is faster, which can help to reduce overall time and expenses to a significant extent. For instance, In July 2017, according to data published by ClinicalTrials.gov, BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India, and China), can execute clinical trials at costs around half of the costs in the US. These countries have marked increased number of trials in recent years. Moreover, 36% of clinical trials were conducted in the US, and 47% of trials were conducted in non-US countries the same year.
Also, leading players are engaged with new product development, which is expected to support growth of the target market in the next ten years. For instance, GlaxoSmithKline plc – a leading player in the healthcare market has developed CAd3-ZEBOV vaccine. This vaccine is derived from chimpanzee adenovirus and phase 3 clinical trials were conducted in February 2016. In addition, as per Lancet, a medical journal, NewLink Genetics Corporation and Merck & Co., Inc., has developed V920 vaccine (rVSV-ZEBOV) in December 2016, which they found effective against Ebola virus disease in phase three clinical trial.
Global Ebola Vaccine Market Analysis, by Virus Strain
Among the virus strain segments, the recombinant vesicular stomatitis virus-Zaire Ebola virus segment is expected to account for major revenue share and is expected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period. The recombinant vesicular stomatitis virus-Zaire Ebola virus segment is expected to register CAGR of over 34.5%. The chimpanzee adenovirus type 3-Zaire Ebola virus segment accounts for second highest share in terms of revenue in the near future.
Global Ebola Vaccine Market Analysis, by Region
Currently, the market in North America is dominating the global market in terms of revenue and is expected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period. Presence of prominent pharmaceutical manufacturing companies, coupled with increasing investment for drug development activity are major factors driving growth of the Ebola vaccine market in North America.
The Ebola vaccine market in Europe accounts for second-highest share in terms of revenue and is expected to register lucrative growth in the near future. Increasing government support for research and development for treatment and clinical trials especially in countries such as Germany and the UK is a major factor expected to fuel growth of the target market in this region. In addition, presence of major players operating in the target market is another factor expected to support growth of the Ebola vaccine market in Europe over the forecast period.
Market in the Asia Pacific is expected to register the fastest growth in terms of revenue in the near future. Increasing demand for medical drugs and devices is a factor supporting growth of the target market in this region. In addition, increasing investment by government and private sectors in order to provide medicines and medical treatment in affordable cost and growing geriatric population are factors anticipated to support growth of the Ebola vaccine market in Asia Pacific market over the forecast period.
The market in Middle East & Africa is expected to witness lucrative growth in terms of revenue over the forecast period, followed by the market in Latin America.
Global Ebola Vaccine Market Segmentation:
Global Ebola Vaccine Market Segmentation, By Virus Strain:
- Chimpanzee Adeno virus type 3-Zaire Ebola virus
- Recombinant vesicular stomatitis virus-Zaire Ebola virus
- Adeno virus serotype 26- Zaire Ebola Virus
Global Ebola Vaccine Market Segmentation, by Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Sarepta Therapeutics Inc.
- Mapp Biopharmaceutical Inc.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Merck & Company, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Novavax Inc.
- GeoVax Labs Inc.
- Chapter 1
- 1.1 Preface
- 1.2 Assumptions
- 1.3 Abbreviations
- 2.0 Chapter 2
- 2.1 Report Description
- 2.1.1 Market Definition and Scope
- 2.2 Executive Summary
- 2.2.1 Market Snapshot, By Virus Strain
- 2.2.2 Market Snapshot, By Region
- 2.2.3 Prudour Opportunity Map Analysis
- 2.1 Report Description
- 3.0 Chapter 3
- 3.0.1 Global Ebola Vaccine Market Dynamics
- 3.0.2 Drivers
- 3.0.3 Restraints
- 3.0.4 Opportunities
- 3.0.5 Trends
- 3.0.6 PEST Analysis
- 3.0.7 PORTER’S Five Forces Analysis
- 3.0.8 Ebola Transmission
- 3.0.9 Ebola Symptoms
- 3.0.10 Ebola Diagnosis
- 3.0.11 Ebola Treatment
- 3.0.12 Ebola Prevention and control
- 3.0.13 Controlling infection in health-care settings
- 3.0.14 Caring for those who have recovered from EVD
- 3.0.15 Chronology of previous Ebola virus disease outbreaks
- 4.0 Chapter 4
- 4.0.1 Global Ebola Vaccine Market Analysis, by Virus Strain
- 4.0.2 Overview
- 4.0.3 Segment Trends
- 4.0.4 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 4.1 Chimpanzee Adeno virus type 3-Zaire Ebola virus
- 4.1.1 Overview
- 4.1.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 4.2 Recombinant vesicular stomatitis virus-Zaire Ebola virus
- 4.2.1 Overview
- 4.2.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 4.3 Adeno virus serotype 26- Zaire Ebola Virus
- 4.3.1 Overview
- 4.3.2 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 5.0 Chapter 5
- 5.0.1 Global Ebola Vaccine Market Analysis, by Region
- 5.0.2 Overview
- 5.0.3 Regional Trends
- 5.0.4 Market Attractiveness Index
- 5.1 Global Ebola Vaccine Market Analysis, by North America
- 5.1.1 Overview
- 5.1.2 Country Trends
- 5.1.3 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 5.1.4 US
- 220.127.116.11 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 5.1.5 Canada
- 18.104.22.168 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 5.2.2 Global Ebola Vaccine Market Analysis, by Europe
- 5.2.1 Overview
- 5.2.2 Country Trends
- 5.2.3 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 5.2.4 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 5.2.5 UK
- 126.96.36.199 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 5.2.6 France
- 188.8.131.52 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 5.2.7 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 5.2.8 Spain
- 220.127.116.11 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 5.2.9 Russia
- 18.104.22.168 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 5.2.10 Rest of Europe
- 22.214.171.124 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 5.3 Global Ebola Vaccine Market Analysis, by Asia Pacific
- 5.3.1 Overview
- 5.3.2 Country Trends
- 5.3.3 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 5.3.4 China
- 126.96.36.199 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 5.3.5 India
- 188.8.131.52 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 5.3.6 Japan
- 184.108.40.206 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 5.3.7 Australia
- 220.127.116.11 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 5.3.8 South Korea
- 18.104.22.168 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 5.3.9 Rest of Asia Pacific
- 22.214.171.124 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 5.4 Global Ebola Vaccine Market Analysis, by Latin America
- 5.4.1 Overview
- 5.4.2 Country Trends
- 5.4.3 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 5.4.4 Brazil
- 126.96.36.199 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 5.4.5 Mexico
- 188.8.131.52 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 5.4.6 Rest of Latin America
- 5.5 Global Ebola Vaccine Market Analysis, by Middle East & Africa
- 5.5.1 Overview
- 5.5.2 Country Trends
- 5.5.3 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2018–2028
- 5.5.4 GCC
- 184.108.40.206 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 5.5.5 South Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 5.5.6 Rest of Middle East & Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Market Value (US$ Mn) and Forecast, 2018–2028
- 6.0 Chapter 6
- 6.0.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1 Sarepta Therapeutics Inc.
- 6.1.1 Company Overview
- 6.1.2 Product Portfolio
- 6.1.3 Financial Overview
- 6.1.4 SWOT Analysis
- 6.1.5 Contact Information
- 6.2 Mapp Biopharmaceutical Inc.
- 6.2.1 Company Overview
- 6.2.2 Product Portfolio
- 6.2.3 Recent Developments
- 6.2.4 Contact Information
- 6.3 Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 6.3.1 Company Overview
- 6.3.2 Product Portfolio
- 6.3.3 Financial Overview
- 6.3.4 Recent Developments
- 6.3.5 SWOT Analysis
- 6.3.6 Contact Information
- 6.4 Merck & Company, Inc.
- 6.4.1 Company Overview
- 6.4.2 Product Portfolio
- 6.4.3 Financial Overview
- 6.4.4 Recent Developments
- 6.4.5 SWOT Analysis
- 6.4.6 Contact Information
- 6.5 GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- 6.5.1 Company Overview
- 6.5.2 Product Portfolio
- 6.5.3 Financial Overview
- 6.5.4 SWOT Analysis
- 6.5.5 Contact Information
- 6.6 Novavax Inc.
- 6.6.1 Company Overview
- 6.6.2 Product Portfolio
- 6.6.3 Financial Overview
- 6.6.4 Recent Developments
- 6.6.5 SWOT Analysis
- 6.6.6 Contact Information
- 6.7 GeoVax Labs Inc.
- 6.7.1 Company Overview
- 6.7.2 Product Portfolio
- 6.7.3 Financial Overview
- 6.7.4 Recent Developments
- 6.7.5 Contact Information
- 7.0 Chapter 7
- 7.0.1 Research Methodology
- 7.0.2 About Us
- 7.0.3 Disclaimer
- Chapter 1
Why Choose Us
- 360 Degree Approach
- Growth Consulting
- 24/7 Research Support
- Comprehensive-Level of Customization
- Comprehensive-Level of Customization
- Competitive Intelligence
- Single-Country/ Region Intelligence
- Post-Sale Service Assistance
- Access to Lead Analysts
- Available in PDF, Excel, Word/ PPT
Secondary Research: An exhaustive secondary research is carried through both paid and free sources. It involves understanding critical data related to the market. Sources for secondary research include: Government websites Industry Associations Trade & Research Journals Company websites (annual reports, press releases, product brochures, etc. Import-Export Data Factiva, Morningstar, etc. Primary Research: Extensive interviews are held with key market participants through email interactions, online surveys, paid telephonic interviews, face-to-face interviews, etc., to gain a perspective on the market conditions, trends, developments, challenges, etc. Sources for primary research include: CXOs, Global Heads, VPs, Sales/ Purchase/ Product Managers of Key Market Players Distributors, Wholesalers, Retailers, Vendors of Products and Services End-Users belonging to each application industry
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) and Industry Experts: are credible, well-respected influencers in each industry with proven expertise and thought-leadership in the particular field, with a sound knowledge of the industry. We validate our initial research findings with these experts and try to understand their aspect to gain a deeper understanding of the current market trends, competitive landscape, market scope, disruptive technologies, etc. This helps us validate and strengthen our research findings, enhance the team’s expertise, and offer a clear understanding of the target market. All possible factors that influence the market are taken into consideration, such as: Capacity and Production Average Selling Price Total Customer Base Regulatory and Policy Changes Economic factors – Population, GDP, GDP Growth Rate, Inflation, Investments, etc
Triangulation and Analysis: Post collection of the data from all sources and validation from industry experts, we triangulate the market with both a top-down and bottom-up approaches to eliminate any margin for errors. These methods aid us in estimating the market size, market share of manufacturers, regions segments, product segments and applications (end users). In-house Data Modeling Tool: our proprietary data modeling tool is designed to apply a combination of methods to provide accurate market size with the historical and forecasted data and growth rates. The percentage splits, Market Share (%), and breakdowns of the product segments are derived based on weightage assigned to each of the segments based on their utilization rate and average sale price. The regional splits of the overall target market and its sub-segments are based on the given product's percentage adoption or penetration rate in the respective region or country.
Final Presentation: After the triangulation and analysis, we derive the market engineering data with the breakdown for all product segments, applications, and regions. The final report, along with the market dynamics, key USPs of the market are presented in a graphical and tabular format to provide a clear understanding to the client and provide a quick snapshot regarding the market, with the additional data to support the market estimations. .
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!