E-Discovery Market By Component Type (Software, Services) By Application (Corporate, Education, Government, Third-party planners) and Region - Global Forecast 2026
17th August 2018
The global e-Discovery market is estimated to value at approximately US$ 9 Bn in 2018, and is expected to register a CAGR of 10.9% over the forecast period. The report offers in-depth insights, revenue details, and other vital information regarding the global e-Discovery market and the various trends, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the target market till 2027. The report also offers insightful and detailed information regarding the various key players operating in the global e-Discovery market, and their financials, apart from strategies, acquisitions & mergers, and market footprint. The global e-Discovery market report has been segmented on the basis of component type, application, and region/country.
This report is based on synthesis, analysis, and interpretation of information gathered regarding the target market from various sources. Our analysts have analyzed the information and data and gained insights using a mix of primary and secondary research efforts with the primary objective to provide a holistic view of the market. In addition, an in-house study has been made of the global economic conditions and other economic indicators and factors to assess their respective impact on the market historically, as well as the current impact in order to make informed forecasts about the scenarios in future.
Report Coverage and Deliverables
E-Discovery (also called Electronic discovery or e-discovery) refers to any process in which electronic data is sought, located, secured, and searched with the intent of using it as evidence in a civil or criminal legal case. E-Discovery can be carried out offline on a particular computer or it can be done in a network. e-Discovery is defined as a set of processes for the identification, preservation, collection, processing, review, analysis and production of electronically stored information (ESI). e-Discovery is usually done in the condition of criminal litigation procedures and for government investigations. e-Discovery documents can be produced in the form of photos, video, databases, and other file types. The key to addressing e-Discovery is to be proactive in the management of information and records with control over the handling of potential e-Discovery requests.
A major factor driving growth of the global e-Discovery market is increasing need for e-Discovery in various sectors and increasing adoption of advanced technologies in public/government sectors to improve internal communication systems and external reach, and rising utilization of freedom of Information Act (FOIA) in the US, coupled with exponentially increasing electronic data in this sector have resulted in need for transparency of information. This is a major factor expected to lead to increase in adoption of e-Discovery solutions among government agencies in order to cost-efficiently handle legal inquiries, seamlessly perform civil and criminal investigations, manage litigation processes, and maintain data records with improved accuracy is expected to support market growth.
Increasing applications of e-Discovery services in various industries such as BFSI, IT & telecom, energy & utilities, media & entertainment, and others is expected to create rising demand for these solutions, thereby supporting growth of the market to a significant extent.
Increasing emphasis on incorporating cloud computing for day-to-day activities by small, medium, and large enterprises is resulting into rising collection volumes of electronically stored information (ESI), which needs to be protected and used in cases pertaining to the enterprises to support growth of the global e- Discovery market significantly.
However, high initial installation cost is one of the major factors expected to challenge growth of the market to a certain extent is expected to hamper growth of global e-Discovery market to a certain extent over the forecast period.
Market Analysis by Component type:On the basis of component type, the services segment is expected to contribute major revenue share in the global e-Discovery market, and the software segment is expected to witness highest CAGR of over 12%, in terms of revenue over the forecast period.
Market Analysis by Application:
Among all the application segments, the government segment is expected to contribute major revenue share in the global e-Discovery market, and is expected to witness highest CAGR of over 11%, in terms of revenue over the forecast period, due to high adoption rate for e- discovery and increasing government initiatives, especially in developed countries such as the US and the UK, would aid manufacturers to generate high-growth revenues in the near future.
In addition, government initiatives are focused on promoting use of e discovery, owing to rising requests for Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) followed by the exponential growth of data in this sector have increased the need to have transparent information.
Market Analysis by Region /Country:
North America market is expected to dominate in the global e-Discovery market, and is expected to continue with its dominance over the next 10 years, as compared to that of markets in other regions and countries. Driving factors for growth of the e-Discovery market in North America include increasing need for software and services in offices to comply with regulations. In addition, growing adoption of e-Discovery solutions in civil litigations is another factor expected to drive growth of the e-discovery market in this region.
Moreover, the government of North America region are taking several initiatives for research and development activities in order to enhance data governance in diverse corporations in several countries, which is another factor expected to boost adoption of e- Discovery, and in turn is expected to drive growth of the market.
China market is expected to witness the highest CAGR growth of over 11.5% in the global e-Discovery market during the forecast period. This is primarily attributed due to, standardized regulations, advanced IT infrastructure, the presence of many enterprises, and the availability of proficient technical experts, and in turn drive growth of the target market.
Demand for e-Discovery software and solutions from government and private organizations has been increasing owing to governments in countries in the region focusing on decreasing documentation associated with litigations and growing proportion of business records that are stored electronically, and these are major factors driving growth of the e-Discovery market in Australia and Singapore currently.
Increasing industrial production, consumer, and business productivity, and stable economy of countries such as Brazil and Argentina is resulting in lucrative business opportunities in South America, leading to increasing presence of major manufacturers and service providers, which is further resulting in increasing volumes of litigation and investigations. These are some major factors increasing demand for e-Discovery among government organizations, private corporations, and third-party service providers.
Market Segmentation of Global E-Discovery Market:
Global E-Discovery Market Segmentation by component type:
- On-premise software
- Off-premise software
Global E-Discovery Market Segmentation by application:
- Third-party planners
Global E-Discovery Market Segmentation by region /country:
- North America
- Southeast Asia
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Rest of the World
- Logik Systems, Inc.
- Nextpoint, Inc.
- Elevate Services, Inc. (E-STET)
- Zapproved LLC.
- Safelink Data Rooms
- Ipro Tech, LLC
- Sherpa Software
- OpenText Corporation
- Cicayda, LLC.
1.0 Chapter 1
- 1.1 Preface
- 1.2 Assumptions
- 1.3 Abbreviations
- 2.1 Report Description
- 2.1.1 Market Definition and Scope
- 2.2 Executive Summary
- 2.2.1 Market Snapshot, By Component Type
- 2.2.2 Market Snapshot, By Application
- 2.2.3 Market Snapshot, By Region/ Country
- 2.2.4 Prudour Opportunity Map Analysis
- 3.0.1 Global e-Discovery Market Dynamics
- 3.0.2 Drivers (D)
- 3.0.3 Restraints (R)
- 3.0.4 Opportunities
- 3.0.5 Trends
- 3.0.6 DR Impact Analysis
- 3.0.7 PEST Analysis
- 3.0.8 PORTER’S Five Forces Analysis
- 3.0.9 e-Discovery - Business Cost Structure Analysis
- 3.0.10 e-Discovery - Market Channel Analysis
- 3.0.11 Key Software Vendors
- 4.0.1 Global e-Discovery Market Analysis, by Component Type
- 4.0.2 Overview
- 4.0.3 Segment Trends
- 4.0.4 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 4.1 Software
- 4.1.1 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 4.2 Services
- 4.2.1 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 5.0.1 Global e-Discovery Market Analysis, by Application
- 5.0.2 Overview
- 5.0.3 Segment Trends
- 5.0.4 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 5.1 Corporate
- 5.1.1 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 5.2 Education
- 5.2.1 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 5.3 Government
- 5.3.1 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 5.4 Third-party planners
- 5.4.1 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 6.0.1 Global e-Discovery Market Analysis, by Region/Country
- 6.0.2 Overview
- 6.0.3 Regional Trends
- 6.0.4 Market Attractiveness Index
- 6.0.5 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 6.1 Global e-Discovery Market Analysis, by North America
- 6.1.1 Trends
- 6.1.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 6.2 Global e-Discovery Market Analysis, by Europe
- 6.2.1 Trends
- 6.2.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 6.3 Global e-Discovery Market Analysis, by China
- 6.3.1 Trends
- 6.3.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 6.4 Global e-Discovery Market Analysis, by Japan
- 6.4.1 Trends
- 6.4.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 6.5 Global e-Discovery Market Analysis, by India
- 6.5.1 Trends
- 6.5.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 6.6 Global e-Discovery Market Analysis, by South America
- 6.6.1 Trends
- 6.6.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 6.7 Global e-Discovery Market Analysis, by Middle East & Africa
- 6.7.1 Trends
- 6.7.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 6.8 Global e-Discovery Market Analysis, by Rest of the World
- 6.8.1 Trends
- 6.8.2 Market Value and Forecast, and Y-o-Y Growth, 2013–2027, (US$ Mn)
- 7.0.1 Company Profiles
- 7.0.2 Company Share Analysis (%) - 2017
- 7.1 Logik Systems, Inc.
- 7.1.1 Company Overview
- 7.1.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.1.3 Contact Information
- 7.2 Nextpoint, Inc.
- 7.2.1 Company Overview
- 7.2.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.2.3 Contact Information
- 7.3 CloudNine
- 7.3.1 Company Overview
- 7.3.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.3.3 Key Developments
- 7.3.4 Contact Information
- 7.4 Elevate Services, Inc. (E-STET)
- 7.4.1 Company Overview
- 7.4.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.4.3 Contact Information
- 7.4.4 Key Developments
- 7.5 Zapproved LLC
- 7.5.1 Company Overview
- 7.5.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.5.3 Contact Information
- 7.5.4 Key Developments
- 7.6 Safelink Data Rooms
- 7.6.1 Company Overview
- 7.6.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.6.3 Contact Information
- 7.7 Ipro Tech, LLC
- 7.7.1 Company Overview
- 7.7.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.7.3 Key Developments
- 7.7.4 Contact Information
- 7.8 Sherpa Software
- 7.8.1 Company Overview
- 7.8.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.8.3 Contact Information
- 7.9 OpenText Corporation
- 7.9.1 Company Overview
- 7.9.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.9.3 Financial Overview
- 7.9.4 Contact Information
- 7.9.5 Key Developments
- 7.10 Cicayda, LLC
- 7.10.1 Company Overview
- 7.10.2 Product Portfolio
- 7.10.3 Key Developments
- 7.10.4 Contact Information
- 8.0.1 Research Methodology
- 8.0.2 About Us
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!