Global Automotive Turbocharger Market By Engine (Diesel Engine, Gasoline Engine), By Vehicle (Light Vehicle, Heavy Vehicle), By Sales Channel (Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), Aftermarket, Land Based, Naval), and Region - Global Forecast to 2029
12th July 2019
find_in_page Our Research Methodology is based on the following main points:
- Data Collections and Interpretation
- Data Validation
- Final Projections and Conclusion
The global automotive turbocharger market is expected to register a CAGR of 9.2%, and is expected to be valued at over US$ 18 Bn in 2020 and further reach a value of approximately US$ 40 Bn in 2029. The global automotive turbocharger market is segmented on the basis of engine, vehicle, sales channel, and region. The regions are further sub-segmented on the basis on key countries respectively.
Automotive Turbocharger: Introduction
Automotive turbochargers enable reduction of engine size while increasing power and efficiency. Adoption of turbochargers in diesel and gasoline engines is increasing due to ability of turbochargers to enhance fuel efficiency, increase power output, and other features. The turbine, placed on a shaft along with the compressor, collates energy from exhaust gases and passes to compressor, that compresses the ambient air and supplies to the engine. Air density increases due to compression and this helps to supply more air to each of the combustion strokes, thereby increasing engine power.
Global Automotive Turbocharger Market: Dynamics
Rapidly growing global automotive market, coupled with increasing adoption of automotive turbochargers for application in automobiles, coupled with increasing demand for vehicles with improved fuel efficiency are some of the major factors expected to drive growth of the automotive turbocharger market. Stringent government regulations pertaining to VOC emissions is expected to result in increasing adoption of automotive turbochargers and drive market growth to a significant extent. Moreover, large investments by major manufacturers for R&D activities and for development of solutions related to driver and vehicle safety and carbon emissions is a key trend observed in the global market, which is projected to gain traction and drive market growth.
However, declining demand and adoption of the diesel and gasoline vehicles is a major factor that could hamper growth of the global automotive turbocharger market.
Furthermore, increasing demand and adoption of electrically-assisted turbochargers is a factor projected to create higher revenue opportunities over the 10-year forecast period.
Global Automotive Turbocharger Market: Segment and Region Insights:
Insights, by Engine:
The diesel segment is projected to record highest share in terms of revenue in the global automotive turbocharger market. The gasoline segment is projected to register the highest growth rate of more than 9.6% over the 10-year forecast period.
Insights, by Vehicle:
The light vehicle segment is expected to contribute major revenue share in the target market, and is projected to register the highest growth rate of more than 9.2% over the forecast period.
Insights, by Sales Channel:
The OEM segment is expected to account for major revenue contribution, and is projected to register the highest growth rate of more than 9% in the global market.
Insights, by Region: The Asia Pacific (APAC) market is expected to account for largest revenue share in the global market. In additions the APAC market is projected to register the highest growth rate of more than 9.3% over the next 10 years. This is due to increasing focus of government to implement regulations in order to curb VOC emissions in the countries in Asia Pacific, and as the region is considered as a hub for manufacturing automotive components. The Europe automotive turbocharger market is estimated to record second-highest revenue share in the target market. Government initiatives in Europe region is expected to promote use of low-emission and high-efficiency vehicles. The market in North America is expected to hold significant share in terms of revenue due to carbon footprint related regulations by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in the region, especially in the US.
BorgWarner Inc. (Year 2019)
- In June, BorgWarner’s regulated two-stage R2S turbocharging system now includes another milestone in the long-standing cooperation with the German premium manufacturer, Mercedes-Benz. BorgWarner’s advanced R2S system enables optimized air supply over the whole engine map, which results in best possible fuel consumption and low emissions by supplying the required boost for optimum combustion. BorgWarner’s regulated two-stage R2S turbocharging system reduces emissions significantly.
- In May, the company is strengthening its presence in the compact SUV segment, by supplying one long-term partner with its GenV all-wheel drive (AWD) coupling. The company expands into increasingly popular small premium SUV segment to enhances fun-to-drive experience and traction
- In May, the company celebrated electric mobility day an event in its fourth year that promotes discussion about the need to adopt new practices for the benefit of the environment. The company, which develops and produces technologies for all types of propulsion, is already realizing a greater demand for electric and hybrid vehicles.
BorgWarner Inc. (Year 2018)
- In July, the company innovated Exhaust Heat Recovery System (EHRS) for Developing hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) which Improves fuel economy by up to 8.5 percent and reduces emissions significantly.
- In March, the company celebrated the inauguration of its newest production plant in the Eastern Seaboard Industrial Estate of Rayong, Thailand with a total area of 69,965 square feet, the facility includes a leading-edge production line for advanced turbocharging solutions.
- In December, the company had argument with INDYCAR to see Michigan-based company continue as the official turbocharger supplier for the IndyCar Series through the 2020 season.
- In November, the company designed B03 dual-volute (DV) turbocharger to existed for decades but is new to light-duty vehicle applications.
Global Automotive Turbocharger Market Segmentation:
Segmentation based on Engine:
- Diesel Engine
- Gasoline Engine
Segmentation based on Vehicle:
- Light Vehicle
- Heavy Vehicle
Segmentation based on Sales Channel:
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
- Land Based
Segmentation based on Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Garrett Motion Inc.
- Cummins Inc.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- IHI Corporation
- Continental Aktiengesellschaft
- Bosch Mahle Turbo Systems GmbH & Co. (BMTS)
- Rotomaster International
- Precision Turbo & Engine Rebuilders, Inc.
- Turbo Energy Private Limited (TEL)
- Easyland Automotive Corporation (Jrone)
- Refone Auto Power Co., Ltd
- Hunan Tyen Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Tonglint Industries Co., Ltd.
- Ningbo GP Turbocharger Co. Ltd.
- Chapter 1 Global Automotive Turbocharger Market Overview
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Segmentation for Global Automotive Turbocharger Market, based on Engine, Vehicle, Sales Channel and Region
- 1.3 Drivers for Global Automotive Turbocharger Market
- 1.4 Restraints for Global Automotive Turbocharger Market
- 1.5 Opportunities for Global Automotive Turbocharger Market
- 1.6 Trends for Global Automotive Turbocharger Market
- 1.7 PESTEL Analysis
- 1.8 PORTER’S Five Force Analysis
- 1.9 Macro-economic Factors
- 1.10 Opportunity Map Analysis
- 1.10.1 Optimistic Scenario
- 1.10.2 Likely Scenario
- 1.10.3 Conservative Scenario
- 1.11 Opportunity Orbits
- 1.12 Regional Market Share and BPS Analysis of Global Automotive Turbocharger Market
- 1.13 Market Investment Feasibility Index
- 1.14 Supply Chain Overview
- 1.15 Turbocharger Working: Flowchart
- 1.16 Product Life Cycle Analysis, By Region/Country
- 1.17 Global Automotive Turbocharger Pricing Analysis (US$/Unit) by Region, 2018
- Chapter 1 Global Automotive Turbocharger Market Overview
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!