Global Allyl Methacrylate Market By Application (Paints & Coatings, Adhesives, Plastics, Dentistry Materials, And Other Applications), And Region/ Country - Global Forecast To 2029
27th September 2019
- find_in_page Our Research Methodology is based on the following main points:
- Data Collections and Interpretation
- Data Validation
- Final Projections and Conclusion
“Global Allyl Methacrylate Market” is a published report at MarketResearch.biz. The global allyl methacrylate market is expected to be valued at approximately US$ 0.28 Bn in 2020 and is projected to witness a CAGR of 2.1% over the forecast period. The global allyl methacrylate market report has been segmented on the basis of application and region/country.
Allyl Methacrylate (AMA) is a monomer liquid that has low viscosity with dual allylic and methacrylic functionalities. Also, it offers various chemical properties including heat resistance, hardness, adhesion, low shrinkage, and second stage cross-linking. It has a distinct odor and is a colorless transparent liquid. AMA has low solubility with water and has high stability and reactivity under sunlight and heat. However, AMA is categorized as explosives and is a hazardous and flammable liquid. It is harmful to humans as well as the environment. Its extended contact with the skin can cause drying and dilapidation that can result in cracks. It is an EES (R43) specified sensitizing agent that has weak and acute toxicity. Allyl Methacrylate has numerous applications including paints, coating compounds, as adhesive modifier, coatings, dental composites, cleaning & washing products, manufacturing of chemicals, or laboratory chemicals, manufacturing of drugs; modified by veterinary, animal, or pet if indicated by source. It is also used as raw materials in a wide range of products and industries including chemical manufacturing, cosmetics, production of metals, etc. Some other applications include food packaging, paper plates, cutlery, small appliances such as roasters, etc. Also, AMA is used as silane coupling agents, which play a vital role in the manufacturing of various composites from inorganic fillers and organic polymers such as minerals, glass, and metals.
Report Coverage and Deliverables
Attributed to different benefits offered by AMA including chemical resistance, adhesion, cross-linker, heat resistance, hardness, low shrinkage, etc., demand for AMA from diverse end-use industry including paints & coatings, adhesives, plastics, dental materials, etc. is rising, which is expected to drive growth of the market over the forecast period. AMA, when used in coatings applications, provides some benefits including improved performance, minimize VOC content, considerably decreased drying times for wood, paper, plastic, or metal substrates. On the other hand, paints & coating industry is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period, which will lead to increasing demand for AMA. This factor will boost growth of the global allyl methacrylate market in upcoming years. Allyl methacrylate offers excellent performance with two double bonds of various reactivity, that allow graft copolymerization in emulsions, which in turn support growth of the global market. Cross-linkers are ideally suited for peroxide crosslinking of high-performance elastomers and cold and hot curing reactive adhesives due to their lower volatility and higher reactivity. Increasing demand for AMA in silane coupling agents is among some other factors expected to drive growth of the target market. Silane coupling agents are known as standard reactive primers, which are used to promote adhesion between metal or glass and polymeric adhesives. These agents are useful for the enhanced adhesion at the interface of inorganic and organic constituents and have been regularly utilized to improve the strength and improve the performance of glass-fiber reinforced plastics. These are used in a broad range of applications, including pleasure boats, bathroom fixtures, automobiles, storage tanks, pipes, and others. Growing demand for polybutylene terephthalate plastics in various applications such as electrical, electronics, and automotive industries, which in turn increase demand for AMA. The unique properties of PBT such as resistance to both heat and chemicals, dimensional stability, electrical qualities, and formability, also it does not absorb flavors and blocks ultraviolet radiation. All these factors are expected to drive demand for the product in the global allyl methacrylate market over the forecast period.
Global Allyl Methacrylate Market Segment Analysis:
By Application: Among the application segments, the paints & coatings segment is projected to account for major revenue share, and register a CAGR of more than 2.4% over the forecast period.
Global Allyl Methacrylate Market: Analysis by Region/Country:
The market in the Asia Pacific currently accounts for highest revenue share among the region/country markets, followed by the US, Europe, South America, and the rest of the world respectively.
Contracts/Agreements; In March, the company entered into a research collaboration agreement with HitGen Ltd, to discover novel leads for BASF.
Contracts/Agreements; In February, the company signed a strategic agreement with BigRep, to develop industrial 3D printing materials.
Contracts/Agreements; In March, the company entered into a partnership with Farsoon, to launch the new PA6 material solution, for the 3D printing industry in China.
Corporate Changes/Expansions; In July, the company announced to build a chemical production site in the South Chinese province of Guangdong, China.
Contracts/Agreements; In July, Gascade, a subsidiary of BASF and GAZPROM, awarded a construction contract to the joint venture of Bonatti and Max Streicher, regarding the 6 lots of the Eugal gas pipeline.
Others; In September, the company made an investment in its production plant for alkoxylation in Antwerp, Belgium, for the capacity expansion.
Corporate Changes/Expansions; BASF opened its new offices in Houston, the US.
Contracts/Agreements; BASF and Landa Labs, an innovation arm of Landa Group, announced their strategic long-term partnership under which BASF would employ Landa Labs’ nano-pigment technology in a new portfolio of easy dispersible ultra-high transparency pigments marketed under the Colors & Effects brand.
Divestiture; BASF signed an agreement to sell its bleaching clay and mineral adsorbents businesses to EP Minerals, a leader in diatomaceous earth, clay and perlite. The transaction is expected to close in the third quarter of 2017, subject to regulatory approval and other customary closing conditions.
New Products/Services; BASF launched new MasterTop 1327 flooring series in the European market.
Corporate Changes/Expansions; BASF made investment in sustainable production for high performance silica adsorbents in Germany.
Global Allyl Methacrylate Market Segmentation:
- Paints & Coatings
- Dentistry Materials
- Other Applications
- South America
- Rest of the World
- BASF SE
- Monomer-Polymer and Dajac Labs Inc.
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical
- Fujifilm Wako Pure Chemical Corporation
- Fushun Anxin Chemical Co. Ltd
- Gelest Inc.
- Tokyo Chemical
- Merck KGA
- Santa Cruz Biotechnologies Inc.
- Chapter 1 Global Allyl Methacrylate Market Insights
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Application of Allyl Methacrylate
- 1.3 Segmentation for Global Allyl Methacrylate Market, based on Application and Region
- 1.4 Drivers for Global Allyl Methacrylate Market
- 1.5 Restraints for Global Allyl Methacrylate Market
- 1.6 Opportunities for Global Allyl Methacrylate Market
- 1.7 PEST Analysis
- 1.8 PORTER'S Five Forces Analysis
- 1.9 Macroeconomic Factors
- 1.10 Raw Material Price (US$/MT) of Allyl Methacrylate, 2019
- 1.11 Manufacturing Process of Allyl Methacrylate
- 1.12 Manufacturing Cost Structure Benchmark
- 1.13 Global Allyl Methacrylate Pricing Analysis (US$/MT) by Region, 2019
- 1.14 Industry Chain Analysis
- 1.15 Opportunity Map Analysis
- Chapter 1 Global Allyl Methacrylate Market Insights
Request for Customization
- Which application segment in the global allyl methacrylate market is projected to account for highest revenue growth in 2029?The paints & coatings segment among the application segments is projected to account for highest revenue share of US$ 134.1Mn in 2029.
- Which are the leading four key players in the global patrol boat market?BASF SE, Evonik, Monomer-Polymer and Dajac Labs Inc., and Mitsubishi Gas Chemical are the leading four key players in the global allyl methacrylate market.
- What is the projected revenue share from the global allyl methacrylate market in 2024?The projected revenue shares from the global allyl methacrylate market in 2024 is US$ 308.5Mn
- How much difference in revenue is projected from the global allyl methacrylate market between 2024 and 2026?The projected difference in revenue from the global allyl methacrylate market between 2024 and 2026 is US$ 13.3Mn
- Which region/country market in the global allyl methacrylate market is projected to account for highest revenue share in 2022?The Asia Pacific market is projected to account for highest revenue share of US$ 150.7Mn in 2022.
Don't just take our word. We are trusted by these great companies!